Matt Blackburn going keto and "ditching ray peat"

aniciete

“…”
D2498977-8AC5-4FD6-BE47-FAFE84D909F9.jpeg

Sefton10

Blown up? So this is about weight; aesthetics?
Sorry, I meant blown up just as in general health. But he is posting messages from a lot of people saying they put on weight when eating a lot of carbs/sugars.

OP
H

hamed1998

@joaquin @Dobbler @hamed1998 @Jennifer L

Are you guys on Instagram seeing Matt's keto and OMAD lifestyle changes?

He hasn't said anything about this in the podcast recently...
whats omad? and yeah ive been seeing the anti pro metabolic stories, he also posts studies that says sugar/carbs bad, etc. Basically what hes been doing for every trend he gets on which shows you how wide the spectrum is for studies, its easy to get either side depending on how you manipulate variables in the studies. Just think back to Ancel Keys study showing that saturated fats was giving people heart problems meanwhile trans fats and PUFAs were lowering the chance of heart problems

LadyRae

whats omad? and yeah ive been seeing the anti pro metabolic stories, he also posts studies that says sugar/carbs bad, etc. Basically what hes been doing for every trend he gets on which shows you how wide the spectrum is for studies, its easy to get either side depending on how you manipulate variables in the studies. Just think back to Ancel Keys study showing that saturated fats was giving people heart problems meanwhile trans fats and PUFAs were lowering the chance of heart problems
One Meal A Day.

Yeah, you're right

OP
H

hamed1998

@LadyRae
Oh yeah hes only been posting stuff to instagram i believe, its the app that gets the most traffic in general i think? im on there following some other people and i see his posts/stories sometimes

Herbie

Just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Just the fact that he is a salesman is not altogether wrong. But this idea that eating one walnut will obliterate one's testosterone is ridicurous. And then there's his claims of once having cancer but if that is true, he needs to divulge more that. Seeing as he is a salesman, it would not be honourable for him to embellish something like that.
Yeah I came across them on YouTube interviewing Haidut but thought they were clowns, thermo diet sounds lame.

mamakitty

@LadyRae I didn't see any recent videos on his channel regarding OMAD, keto, etc on YouTube. And maybe he blocked me on Instagram. One time I offered a question in the spirit of constructive criticism and I believe he kicked me out at that time.
He is the most thin-skinned “influencer” ever. He blocks people who even breathe in the direction of the slightest criticism.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
He is the most thin-skinned “influencer” ever. He blocks people who even breathe in the direction of the slightest criticism.
I have to verge off topic temporarily (because Matt Blackburn really isn’t worth our time imo) and share a picture with you. This is my kitty named mama and I think of her when I see your posts! If you’d like you can make her your profile pic.😊
0E594148-69E1-4424-ABA6-0C90A66B60AF.jpeg

mamakitty

I have to verge off topic temporarily (because Matt Blackburn really isn’t worth our time imo) and share a picture with you. This is my kitty named mama and I think of her when I see your posts! If you’d like you can make her your profile pic.😊View attachment 47808
Ha! That’s so cute! I will make her my profile pic once I figure out how to do it on this site lol

JohnA

Georgi posted a study showing that only 4% of people who are "pre diabetic" ever become "diabetic." It's a scam.
Matt mentioned on his podcast the post meal spikes he was getting. They were really high. Like 170 to 200 if I remember correctly. Definitely not healthy even if it doesn’t eventually lead to him becoming “diabetic”.

But classic Blackburn response to swing wildly to full keto vs trying to troubleshoot why normal meals were giving him such crazy spikes.

joaquin

Matt talked much about the randle cycle. So if the randle cycle is the end all be all, why was his blood sugar out of control?
Furthmore, makes me wonder about his prior prejudice against intermittent fasting. Maybe he was wrong.
I'll admit, Matt was one of those voices that seemed to be showing up in the youtube comments sections of carnivores pooping on the diet with unsubstantiated claims. He influenced me in a wrong way.
If I see someone claiming a man must eat every two hours to thrive, I call him out now.

mamakitty

Matt talked much about the randle cycle. So if the randle cycle is the end all be all, why was his blood sugar out of control?
Furthmore, makes me wonder about his prior prejudice against intermittent fasting. Maybe he was wrong.
I'll admit, Matt was one of those voices that seemed to be showing up in the youtube comments sections of carnivores pooping on the diet with unsubstantiated claims. He influenced me in a wrong way.
If I see someone claiming a man must eat every two hours to thrive, I call him out now.
You will call out someone eating every two hours, but not someone eating every two days?!
Both those approaches seem extreme and abnormal. The common way to eat across all traditions seem to be after five hours of eating last, which roughly translates to three square meals. Children and pregnant women need to snack in between because of the growth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals