Why low carbers looks more androgenic.

EustaceBagge

is it just me or are people in the nutrition community very easily influenced by marketing 101 tactics?
Very, very easy, because more people than ever feel shitty and try to fix it through "natural" means which includes diet. It is just that they are gullible to all kinds of bull**** because people have lost their idea of what a proper diet should look like which includes genetics and natural factors as well. Like, how natural is it for someone in Antarctica to eat bananas which are of course from a tropical climate?

Ray Peat opts for a one size fits all approach but of course he mainly focuses on fixing people that have metabolic disorders to begin with. Just listen to your own body and try to eat whole foods I'd say. All those specific diets, or supplementing outrageous amounts of vitamins which you would NEVER get in nature is just plain stupidity.

Neeters 27

can more potassium reduce water retention? (as opposed to sodium)
Yes it certainly does, and I was prescribed meq8 potassium, 3x a day. it makes me pee a LOT. I sweat a lot thanks to menopause and doctor said I need it. even though I eat tons of greens and drink OJ and eat bananas. I also eat a lot of salt. if you restrict salt, your adrenals will overcompensate your low sodium by releasing Aldosterone, which makes your blood pressure rise. I had very high blood pressure before, scary 200/90 sometimes! since taking the potassium and putting salt in my juice and using on meals liberally, my average BP is 112/72 or thereabouts. I have a fitness watch as well as a cuff to check it.

SamYo123

Yes it certainly does, and I was prescribed meq8 potassium, 3x a day. it makes me pee a LOT. I sweat a lot thanks to menopause and doctor said I need it. even though I eat tons of greens and drink OJ and eat bananas. I also eat a lot of salt. if you restrict salt, your adrenals will overcompensate your low sodium by releasing Aldosterone, which makes your blood pressure rise. I had very high blood pressure before, scary 200/90 sometimes! since taking the potassium and putting salt in my juice and using on meals liberally, my average BP is 112/72 or thereabouts. I have a fitness watch as well as a cuff to check it.
138/75 considered high?

Vins7

W
Bro sorry but this is bs. The reason Some people look high water retention is because the body havent gooten used to it. I looked somewhat androgenic, started peating looked meh. After a year of peating I started becoming absolutely shredded woth zero water retention eating 600+ grams of carbs a day (4500kcals). In the begginning the pufa stored makes you less insulin sensitive so eating carbs makes you less lean but when:
1: ur body have gotten used to the carbs
2: you have been depleted of pufa
3: your thyroid have gotten good enough
4: you have lowered inflammation significantly
Your gonna start becoming insanely vascular and lean. Happened for me atleast.

The reason keto people look more androgenic when they do keto than when not is because their body couldnt properly utilize the carbs wich makes them just store it as fat. Therefore cutting them out makes them lean (in the unhealthy way)... They also become vascular in the unhealthy way (nitric oxide) instead of carbon dioxide.

But trust me if you succesfully make your body able to utilize carbon dioxide instead and succesfully increase it you will have insane veins....

Also he was vegan. That means lack of balance in micronutrients and lack of high quallity proteins + plenty och anti nutrients and phytoestrogens. He probably ate significantly more pufa when he was vegan compared to keto woch literally signals estrogenic and increases water retention...
What is a good macro distribution in your opinion?

VitoScaletta

Less carbs = less insulin = less aldosterone = less salt/water retention. They need to replace with vasopressin, though, as aldosterone has some positive effects like protecting against sunken eyes and crow's feet.

Low calcium + magnesium slow metabolism mode also is associated with low aldosterone. And low fat. Also leads to rise of DHEA (+ cortisol). Anabolic steroids are biased toward this mode and everything else associated with masculinity. For example, 12-15 lbs russet potatoes + sustained-release melatonin + DHEA. Maybe some milk (2.5 or 4 cups??) for a bit of calcium and fat/fat-soluble.

Higher dopamine is also associated with lower aldosterone and the darker/dryer look. DHEA increases dopamine.

Further, DHEA stems protein wasting by burning fats instead. Even less protein needed when PRAL net alkaline (like with potatoes).
Interesting

I just decreased the carbs a bit and increased the fats, mostly via nuts peanut butter meat fish etc.
A little less water retention as expected, but that may just be luck.
are you comfortable with the amount of PUFA in peanut butter and nuts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals