Opinions On CLF Protocol by Matt Blackburn

youngsinatra

Hello everyone,

Have you guys heard of Matt Blackburn? He has his own CLF protocol which stands for calcification/lipofuscin/fibrosis, which he thinks are the deepest roots of dis-ease. I follow him for quite a while, but I am skeptical on many of his views.

Nevertheless I’ve heard some quite dramatic testimonials, and his views partly align with Peat.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it yourself and observed benefits?

Peace!

PaRa

he thinks that iron deficiency is good and overfocuses on copper

Sefton10

The dude has a big history of flip flopping from diet to diet. He used to shill fish oil for example. I think he's created a nice little niche for himself promoting that the idealised off grid/homesteading lifestyle, but I always get a sense there's something off about him. On paper the CLF thing is sound, but it's nothing new. Most of his ideas are cut and paste from people like Peat, Morley Robins etc (although he does openly credit them). There's a lot of tin hat stuff about water and EMFs that I think he takes way too far to give himself the appearance of having some unique knowledge, but everyone has to put food on the table I suppose.

bogbody

i’m extremely wary of pretty much anyone taking Ray’s ideas and using them to become an influencer/guru. It’s gross and totally antithetical to everything Ray stands for. the exception being people like Danny and Georgi who use their platform to give Ray a platform (and donate money to him.) just get your info directly from the source instead.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I have zero problems with people profiting from helping others through Ray's ideas. Ray himself is big on helping others and spreading the message. Matt can be too sales-zy though.

He is an eclectic mix of philosophies from Ray, Morley Robins, East West, etc... He is anti vitamin D supplementation (calls it hormone D) and arguably calcium (except from dairy and not water).

I applaud him for being open enough to change his mind and beliefs numerously. It takes courage. I also like that he brings people that are not familiar with Ray Peat to his show sometimes.

The CLF protocol seems reasonable and some of what he sells appears to be good as well.

Waldoj

I think he's into something with CLF. He has packaged these concepts in a new way which is salesy but makes it easy to digest. I've tried his systemic enzymes and they made me feel awesome, decreasing my inflammation feelings and muscle stiffness.

He seems a little fanatical about vitamin E. On Instagram he shows himself taking a handful of E capsules while also talking about moderation.

Angela_7

I think he's into something with CLF. He has packaged these concepts in a new way which is salesy but makes it easy to digest. I've tried his systemic enzymes and they made me feel awesome, decreasing my inflammation feelings and muscle stiffness.

He seems a little fanatical about vitamin E. On Instagram he shows himself taking a handful of E capsules while also talking about moderation.
Ha right? He doesn’t do moderation very well....

Mastemah

Hes another flash in the pan know it all that hasn’t done enough homework. Maybe his stuff will catch up. I saw him rec 1600 iu a day vitamin E to someone. Yeah, real ‘peaty’ ?

Kira

I have zero problems with people profiting from helping others through Ray's ideas. Ray himself is big on helping others and spreading the message. Matt can be too sales-zy though.

He is an eclectic mix of philosophies from Ray, Morley Robins, East West, etc... He is anti vitamin D supplementation (calls it hormone D) and arguably calcium (except from dairy and not water).

I applaud him for being open enough to change his mind and beliefs numerously. It takes courage. I also like that he brings people that are not familiar with Ray Peat to his show sometimes.

The CLF protocol seems reasonable and some of what he sells appears to be good as well.
Agreed… I am always amazed how quick ppl are to attack others for changing their minds… Are we supposed to stay calcified in our outdated beliefs even when presented with new data? C’mon, we are supposed to evolve, and when we do - hopefully share our finding with others…

Alomongerpete

He rarely credits Peat. And one minute he's recommending Sperti Vit D lamps. I harped on at him about narrowband UV-B being safer and after a long time he stopped promoting them. One minute he's a hardcore Christian and next he's basically like "**** whoever as love is love". He's a charlatan.

Ben.

Based on what people write here about him he sounds like a "flexible" person.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

He may have switched from worshipping Jesus to Morley Robbins at the almighty altar of copper.

PaRa

Yep, he is currently on the « copper power » trend, sucking Morley d***,
he may finally find that there is no one size fit all and that No, high copper won’t always lead to low serotonin

xeliex

Forum Supporter
He may have switched from worshipping Jesus to Morley Robbins at the almighty altar of copper.
LMAO

Super funny, but yes. I still appreciate his different show visitors and the fact that he is "flexible" with his ideologies. Though he is big in sales, I wouldn't call him a charlatan. I do think that he wants to help people genuinely. Moreover, he frequently refers to Dr. Peat as his mentor.

I think he still "believes in Jesus" but gave up on the Christian way of things since his back injury that never healed with prayer.

Everyone is fighting their own battles. Let us love, support and understand each other in this existence.

Ben.

Everyone is fighting their own battles. Let us love, support and understand each other in this existence.

I am not a christian but AMEN to that.

InChristAlone

I've seen him recommend 4 ounces of liver per DAY. Which is reckless. He has a very apparent obsessive nature that can lead people down a destructive path. I don't see how you can overdose fat soluble vitamins and attain health but there's always one person who will say they did.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Can you give an overview of what its about? PUFA avoidance and a lot of vitamin E?

YourUniverse

Thanks, Im listening to
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCp8cMdkZg

So magnesium, K2, Shijalit to decalcify
Vitamin E and red light to de-lipofusc
Manual therapy and serrapeptase/nattokinase for the fibrosis

"Fixing" water, avoiding PUFA, good nutrition. He only likes raw milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom