Why low carbers looks more androgenic.

Healthseeker

On the op thread question, I think the reason is that it's just harder to eat junk when your mainly eating protein. 99% of the carbs laid out at the store are trash food.

Durianrider looks shredded, and is a high carber.... under 10g fat per day..
So does Kinobody .... also his blood markers are damn near perfect was gonna make a post about this, his hairline is perfect

you may be right, but then how do you "get used to carbs"?
I've been on high carb for almost two years and I still have this water retention, and I'm not very vascular. Just the two main veins of the fat front that get a little bigger when I do hammer curls.
More carbohydrate does not seem very palatable too, what is your diet?
Kinobody's physique is damn near perfect is high carb, skin is clear AF (I know he fasts which peat isn't a fan of)

Healthseeker

Kinobody is too young. Look at the old guys for your inspiration then you'll know what's bull**** and what ain't

GreekDemiGod

you may be right, but then how do you "get used to carbs"?
I've been on high carb for almost two years and I still have this water retention, and I'm not very vascular. Just the two main veins of the fat front that get a little bigger when I do hammer curls.
More carbohydrate does not seem very palatable too, what is your diet?
Are you getting optimal energy levels with high carbs, do you feel like you thrive eating high carb? If not, there's still room for improvements in liver function, oxidative metabolism...
Low carbers eat more fats and proteins, but when you're on high carb and have excellent thyroid function, anabolism & androgens, you can theoretically thrive with a bit lower protein intake, because stress hormones are suppressed, that means muscle catabolism is minimized.
That's why you have anecdotes who can build the same amount of muscle on 100g of protein and high carb diet, than he would on 180g of protein.

Last edited:
2 things - Androgen receptor upregulation / density

- most of these guys are basically fasting (skip breakfast aren’t hungry most of the time extreme caloric deficits) which upregulates A/R
-a lot of red meat = more carnitine , which also upregulates A/R

Kinobody is too young. Look at the old guys for your inspiration then you'll know what's bull**** and what ain't
idk he's early 30s i think now...

Compared to other ppl in the early 30s category i feel like he looks pretty decent. That Derek from MPMD look bloated and chubby from the test cyp

Healthseeker

I don't know man. I spend all day in the gym. His physic is achievable natty. But you won't have time for anything else.

tankasnowgod

To compare the different figures of the different diets, as I have already said in one of my old topics the promoters of lowcarb/keto diets etc) generally have at worst a "masculine" air, calm, concise, rational, and at best are particularly androgenic especially when they play sports.
Hmmmm. I guess you never took a look at Jimmy Moore, who has been promoting low carb and keto diets for decades.

Having said that, there are some things that traditional Low Carb diets do that do probably help to look "androgenic" and help to produce more androgens (at least in the short term). Beyond the diuretic effect of low carb diets in the first two weeks.

Generally, going low carb led to a big increase in protein intake, dietary cholesterol, and saturated fat. It also cut out a lot of problematic foods, like wheat and beans, and almost all processed and fried foods, by default (with most frying now done in high PUFA oil). Higher protein intake is beneficial for muscle growth, as is higher dietary cholesterol. And cholesterol is needed to make Testosterone and DHT, so eating more cholesterol theoretically could produce more of these androgens.

Of course, you can still eat more protein and more cholesterol while eating more carbs, too. If you took "The Steak and Salad Super Diet" (as Atkins sometimes called it) as a base, ensured you were eating enough eggs to reach your target dietary cholesterol, cut out any high PUFA oils and dressings, and then added in at least 150-200g of carbs from sugar, like OJ, fruits, and honey (and milk), the diet would likely work even better. Carbs are protein sparing, since they would keep you out of gluconeogenesis.

Sefton10

Hmmmm. I guess you never took a look at Jimmy Moore, who has been promoting low carb and keto diets for decades.
It’s not going so well for Jimmy…

1654152782558.png

OP
DDRB

DDRB

Having said that, there are some things that traditional Low Carb diets do that do probably help to look "androgenic" and help to produce more androgens (at least in the short term). Beyond the diuretic effect of low carb diets in the first two weeks.

Generally, going low carb led to a big increase in protein intake, dietary cholesterol, and saturated fat. It also cut out a lot of problematic foods, like wheat and beans, and almost all processed and fried foods, by default (with most frying now done in high PUFA oil). Higher protein intake is beneficial for muscle growth, as is higher dietary cholesterol. And cholesterol is needed to make Testosterone and DHT, so eating more cholesterol theoretically could produce more of these androgens.

Of course, you can still eat more protein and more cholesterol while eating more carbs, too. If you took "The Steak and Salad Super Diet" (as Atkins sometimes called it) as a base, ensured you were eating enough eggs to reach your target dietary cholesterol, cut out any high PUFA oils and dressings, and then added in at least 150-200g of carbs from sugar, like OJ, fruits, and honey (and milk), the diet would likely work even better. Carbs are protein sparing, since they would keep you out of gluconeogenesis.
It’s not going so well for Jimmy…

View attachment 37418
Jimmy moore looking androgenic, problem is he looks overweight

Nomane Euger

Jimmy moore looking androgenic, problem is he looks overweight
he dont look androgenic,he look like a fat old grumpy woman with a beard

B

BRBsavinWorld

They may have shredded midsection but watch their faces age, sag, look gaunt and for dark circles around the eyes
YUP. i can't say enough bad about my keto carnivore days

Nomane Euger

Still I don't really see where is the androgyny/the absence of androgenism, for me the problem is above all his overweight, his body fat.
iam not sure,do you consider him "androgenic",if yes wich of his characteristics are androgenic"?

B

BRBsavinWorld

Now we healthy, energetic, intelligent and sane but have a gut lol
haha yup.

I'm encouraged by following Hans' slow-caloric restriction diet.
I have a friend who doesn't follow any dietary restriction whatsoever, and is having success losing weight, simply by doing a bunch of small meals a day, and lowering stressful workload.

Vanset

is it just me or are people in the nutrition community very easily influenced by marketing 101 tactics?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals