Ray Peat ancestry?

Brundle

Hi all,

I find myself perceiving and thinking (!) that Ray Peat must have had some genetic or at least epigenetic heritage to make him what he became. His parents wisely did not vaccinate him. I wonder what his actual lineage was, though?

For example, did he have some Jewish heritage? His parents were apparently Communists in the 1930s, which must have been unusual then. He mentioned feeling existentially threatened in the Deep South in the 1960s, which sounded like a legitimate feeling. He said most of his friends were Jewish until he came out against Zionism in the 1970s.

Does anyone here have any deeper insights into Peat the man?

Energizer

He said in an interview his mom took corpus luteum, since it's a precusor to progesterone he got a ton of it. Katherina Dalton's study on progesterone babies found the mothers who supplemented the most had babies with average IQ around 130.

Sapien

He said in an interview his mom took corpus luteum, since it's a precusor to progesterone he got a ton of it. Katherina Dalton's study on progesterone babies found the mothers who supplemented the most had babies with average IQ around 130.
+1.

genetic or at least epigenetic heritage to make him what he became
Ironic you would assert this as Peats whole ideology is nurture> nature/ environment> genetics. He attributes his intelligence to his prenatal enivorment of being a progesterone baby. Your post reeks of genetic determinism.

Sapien

Where and when did he say that? Does anyone have a source?
I don’t recall when he said he was a progesterone baby, but in This video he talks at length about the iq effects of prenatal progesterone

aniciete

2C9288F3-785D-4E4E-A075-628B91E831F7.jpeg

He looked pretty Eastern European when he was younger

Karlx

View attachment 45426
He looked pretty Eastern European when he was younger

He's passable as Ashkenazi Jew in this part of life. In old age, not at all. Usually people's ethnic traits become stronger as they age, even as they lose pigmentation. Ears and nose grow, eyes droop, etc. In general, very young humans look more similar and less differentiated, and they diverge over the lifespan. In his old age, such as the pictures we're used to seeing in thumbnails, he doesn't look Jewish at all.

Did he ever mention his family history? I'm interested in people who settled in the far west when it was a frontier. Richard Nixon is another one. Being born in 1936, Peat was only a generation or two removed from that frontier. As far as I know, the old stock of the far west would be substantially more Briton than the average of America at the time, so I always assumed he was that.

aniciete

He's passable as Ashkenazi Jew in this part of life. In old age, not at all. Usually people's ethnic traits become stronger as they age, even as they lose pigmentation. Ears and nose grow, eyes droop, etc. In general, very young humans look more similar and less differentiated, and they diverge over the lifespan. In his old age, such as the pictures we're used to seeing in thumbnails, he doesn't look Jewish at all.

Did he ever mention his family history? I'm interested in people who settled in the far west when it was a frontier. Richard Nixon is another one. Being born in 1936, Peat was only a generation or two removed from that frontier. As far as I know, the old stock of the far west would be substantially more Briton than the average of America at the time, so I always assumed he was that.
im pretty sure Peat has said his parents were Soviet

Sunny Jack

He looks a bit like a young Richard Dreyfuss in that 1970s photo.

But maybe it's the people he was hanging out with at the time? After all, John and Yoko started to look similar after a while. Ray may have been subconsciously copying their facial expressions and it showed in the photograph. In his more recent pictures he was mostly living locally in Oregon, and so reverted to his genetic phenotype.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals