Opinions On CLF Protocol by Matt Blackburn

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Magnesium, really high-dose vitamin K2 (800-1000mcg of MK7) and shilajit to de-calcify.
Vitamin E and high dose niacinamide (3 grams+) to detox PUFAs.
Lots of beef liver and dietary copper and whole food vitamin C for oxygenation of tissues.
Lots of coffee and iron-chelation.

Avoidance of vitamin D, zinc supplements, ascorbic acid, calcium.

Can you give an overview of what its about? PUFA avoidance and a lot of vitamin E?

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I've seen him recommend 4 ounces of liver per DAY. Which is reckless. He has a very apparent obsessive nature that can lead people down a destructive path. I don't see how you can overdose fat soluble vitamins and attain health but there's always one person who will say they did.
Absolutely. I went down this path and developed copper overload and histapenia/overmethylation. I am still recovering from the high copper intake and I never touched a synthetic copper supplement by the way!

I think the high copper intake is more dangerous than the high vitamin A intake that he preaches.

fr@

@youngsinatra

Do you have some sort of protocol in regards to recovering from high copper intake?
Actually I've supplement Copper Bisglycinate, like close to 2 years -- then eventually getting 2-3 grey spots on my hand.
So I've just stopped taking Copper supplements since then and the grey spots went away; but I'm still questioning if I still do have issues from it.
...by the way I'm lazy when it comes to getting lab results, it's like I only had it 3 times where I myself had decided to do it (so I just rely on what I feel on the daily).

As with the CLF protocol, I got hooked-in to his stuff as soon as I've heard him say the word "Fibrosis"... hahaa (that's basically my trigger word).
But when it comes to avoidance, he's not against Calcium that comes from Dairy; he even said to not give up on it.

Overall, I think his high dose of Vitamin-K & Vitamin-E are a bit too much.
To me, it kind of screams of 'low-key' marketing.
But he's a bit of a fanatic himself (not that I know that guy), so maybe what he's saying is something that he actually does.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Still curious about this guys life project so I‘ll try the CLF protocol for 30 days and report you guys how I feel. #doitforscience and #theforum

Starting on:
1000 mcg vitamin K2-7
1800 IU vitamin E (alpha-tocopherols)
1500 mg elemental magnesium supplementation
3 grams of niacinamide
2 grams of thiamin HCL

Avoidance of:
vitamin D3, ascorbic acid, citric acid, zinc supplements, omega-3s, calcium supplements.

fr@

Still curious about this guys life project so I‘ll try the CLF protocol for 30 days and report you guys how I feel. #doitforscience and #theforum

Starting on:
1000 mcg vitamin K2-7
3 grams of niacinamide
2 grams of thiamin HCL

Avoidance of:
vitamin D3, ascorbic acid, citric acid, zinc supplements, omega-3s, calcium supplements.
Thanks Man!

I'd be interested to heard more about if you'll ever get issues with that dose for MK-7 & Vitamin-E.

Dr. B

@youngsinatra

Do you have some sort of protocol in regards to recovering from high copper intake?
Actually I've supplement Copper Bisglycinate, like close to 2 years -- then eventually getting 2-3 grey spots on my hand.
So I've just stopped taking Copper supplements since then and the grey spots went away; but I'm still questioning if I still do have issues from it.
...by the way I'm lazy when it comes to getting lab results, it's like I only had it 3 times where I myself had decided to do it (so I just rely on what I feel on the daily).

As with the CLF protocol, I got hooked-in to his stuff as soon as I've heard him say the word "Fibrosis"... hahaa (that's basically my trigger word).
But when it comes to avoidance, he's not against Calcium that comes from Dairy; he even said to not give up on it.

Overall, I think his high dose of Vitamin-K & Vitamin-E are a bit too much.
To me, it kind of screams of 'low-key' marketing.
But he's a bit of a fanatic himself (not that I know that guy), so maybe what he's saying is something that he actually does.
copper supplements are particularly dangerous... they can cause moles

Starting on:
1000 mcg vitamin K2-7
3 grams of niacinamide
2 grams of thiamin HCL

Avoidance of:

do you know why he wants vitamin d and zinc and ascorbic acid avoided?
it is notable though, the supplements he recommends avoiding are the most popular supplements

Dr. B

Thanks, Im listening to
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCp8cMdkZg

So magnesium, K2, Shijalit to decalcify
Vitamin E and red light to de-lipofusc
Manual therapy and serrapeptase/nattokinase for the fibrosis

"Fixing" water, avoiding PUFA, good nutrition. He only likes raw milk.

which brand for shilajit?

where can we get serrapeptase/nattokinase.

his water filter seems very expensive, isnt it $400, who knows how long it lasts. and doesn't it basically just add bicarbonates back into the water or what does it do? i think if you just stick to organic whole milk and organic orange juice/coconut water you dont need to worry about the water having bicarbonates, those juices/milk should have all those things...?

Andman

Starting on:
1000 mcg vitamin K2-7
3 grams of niacinamide
2 grams of thiamin HCL

Avoidance of:

has he stopped recommending high doses of the enzymes lately? was big on that a few months ago

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

has he stopped recommending high doses of the enzymes lately? was big on that a few months ago
He still recommends it on the CLF protocol, but I haven't looked into that aspect that much. It also didn't appear on his instagram page much in the last months.

Dr. B

He still recommends it on the CLF protocol, but I haven't looked into that aspect that much. It also didn't appear on his instagram page much in the last months.
it is notable though, the supplements he recommends avoiding are the most popular supplements in the mainstream

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

copper supplements are particularly dangerous... they can cause moles

it is notable though, the supplements he recommends avoiding are the most popular supplements
He thinks that vitamin D, zinc, ascorbic acid and citric acid cause dysregulation of copper metabolism by impairing the synthesis and maintenance of ceruloplasmin, the main transport protein of copper. He doesn't recommend calcium supplements, because he thinks that most of them are in inorganic forms and cause calcification.
But he isn't against sunlight, zinc from red meat, whole food vitamin C by fruits, natural occurring citrate in citrus fruits and ionized calcium that is found in dairy.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I sadly never tolerated dairy well at all, so finding a calcium source that would be fine on the CLF protocol is quite a challenge. I normally use a german mineral water, that has 600 mg of elemental calcium per liter. I heard from other people that minerals in mineral water are ionic and almost completely absorbable, so I will stick to that probably, even though it isn't recommended.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

So far I am feeling pretty good. The last two mornings I took 1000 mcg of K2-7 sublingually. Felt quite a boost in subjective blood flow, to all tissues. (wink wink)
I took 900 IU of vitamin E twice a day with a meal. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.
I took 3 x 1000 mg of niacinamide, 4 x 300 mg of magnesium and 4 x 500 mg of B1. (this isn't recommended by the CLF, but this is my personal add-on)
My bowel movements increased from one to three a day, but still with solid stool.

Today I came home with a minor headache and minor dizziness. I drank a liter of mineral water (600mg of calcium) and both problems completely disappeared. To be fair I didn't drink any liquids the last 2 days besides juice, coffee and the water that's in my food and my total daily calcium intake was below 300mg. Maybe with the high magnesium + K2 intake, calcium intake was too little.

My pulse increased interestingly (I thought it might drop due to high magnesium intake) and my body temperature has risen. I feel damn hot all the time, especially after the big doses of vitamin E.

Dr. B

He thinks that vitamin D, zinc, ascorbic acid and citric acid cause dysregulation of copper metabolism by impairing the synthesis and maintenance of ceruloplasmin, the main transport protein of copper. He doesn't recommend calcium supplements, because he thinks that most of them are in inorganic forms and cause calcification.
But he isn't against sunlight, zinc from red meat, whole food vitamin C by fruits, natural occurring citrate in citrus fruits and ionized calcium that is found in dairy.
ah wow...
what is ionized calcium, what does that mean exactly? interesting.
that actually makes sense as vitamin D antagonizes vitamin A,
zinc and vitamin c both antagonize copper
the thing is though i think with slow metabolism cant copper build up if eating liver especially so in that case for some people, slow metabolism people who have trouble with vitamin A and copper, they can benefit from the usage of d3 and zinc potentially...
i wonder how dose dependent it is like if you have 100mg or so vitamin c every other day, like 5mg zinc every other day does that really affect things much
i think zinc, ascorbic acid and citric acid directly cause copper excretion, vitamin c reduces ceruloplasmin maybe and vitamin d3 reduces vitamin a which is needed for ceruloplasmin...

kyhmil

I actually appreciate Matt's openness and willing to learn, expand and share new concepts. To me this is a true way of living! Life is just a collection of experiences.
Seems like he has good intentions overall...

GenericName86

ah wow...
what is ionized calcium, what does that mean exactly? interesting.
that actually makes sense as vitamin D antagonizes vitamin A,
zinc and vitamin c both antagonize copper
the thing is though i think with slow metabolism cant copper build up if eating liver especially so in that case for some people, slow metabolism people who have trouble with vitamin A and copper, they can benefit from the usage of d3 and zinc potentially...
i wonder how dose dependent it is like if you have 100mg or so vitamin c every other day, like 5mg zinc every other day does that really affect things much
i think zinc, ascorbic acid and citric acid directly cause copper excretion, vitamin c reduces ceruloplasmin maybe and vitamin d3 reduces vitamin a which is needed for ceruloplasmin...
On Matt's instagram page he posted his food based vitamin C product and says it helps with copper if I've read it correctly. I'll copy what it says.

"A frequently asked question I get all the time is: What is a good source of copper? ⁣

Whole food vitamin C is the easiest copper source because of its easy accessibility for most people. This means fruit and berries. ⁣

They contain not only ascorbic acid but the entire vitamin C complex including the tyrosinase enzyme which contains the mineral copper in bioavailable form. ⁣

Increasing your immune function isn’t about megadosing thousands and thousands of milligrams of a fraction of vitamin C, ascorbic acid. That will deplete your copper levels and lower your immunity. ⁣

Increasing your immune function is more about cutting out the things that destroy your copper status. That includes many of the supplements you have taken or are taking, including zeolite, ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, glutathione, high fructose corn syrup and more.⁣

Resilien-C contains three dense whole food vitamin C sources that provide the copper you need to counter excess iron and allow your body to utilize oxygen to run every system in your body."

Andman

I actually appreciate Matt's openness and willing to learn, expand and share new concepts. To me this is a true way of living! Life is just a collection of experiences.
Seems like he has good intentions overall...

yeah for his bank account at least ;)

Dr. B

On Matt's instagram page he posted his food based vitamin C product and says it helps with copper if I've read it correctly. I'll copy what it says.

"A frequently asked question I get all the time is: What is a good source of copper? ⁣

Whole food vitamin C is the easiest copper source because of its easy accessibility for most people. This means fruit and berries. ⁣

They contain not only ascorbic acid but the entire vitamin C complex including the tyrosinase enzyme which contains the mineral copper in bioavailable form. ⁣

Increasing your immune function isn’t about megadosing thousands and thousands of milligrams of a fraction of vitamin C, ascorbic acid. That will deplete your copper levels and lower your immunity. ⁣

Increasing your immune function is more about cutting out the things that destroy your copper status. That includes many of the supplements you have taken or are taking, including zeolite, ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, glutathione, high fructose corn syrup and more.⁣

Resilien-C contains three dense whole food vitamin C sources that provide the copper you need to counter excess iron and allow your body to utilize oxygen to run every system in your body."
how does corn syrup lower copper?
how does glutathione lower it? glutathione is needed

fr@

how does corn syrup lower copper?
how does glutathione lower it? glutathione is needed

I don't know if you can email Morley Robbins and get answers (like Ray Peat does) -- but that's where Matt got it from.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom