Question About Ray Peat Regarding Keto Acids And Pregnenolone

Hey, I've tried to search these things but to no avail. Am not that good at doing searches.
My quotes or wording might be wrong due to memory.

1) If I recall somewhat Ray mentions on an audio interview about trying to manufacture his own ketones?
Something along the lines of it was hard to get the chemicals or some fda issue if I recall.

Anyone, know which what ketone(s) he was thinking about using? Or ketones he recommends to use?

2) I think he mentions this on east/west healing interview but again I am not sure. Ray mentions that he used 1 tbsp(around 3 grams?) of pregnenolone a day. I think he quit because of the price(or quality issue)?
-would Ray still be using this type of dose if cost(or quality?) was not an issue?

Thanks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
) If I recall somewhat Ray mentions on an audio interview about trying to manufacture his own ketones?
Something along the lines of it was hard to get the chemicals or some fda issue if I recall.

Anyone, know which what ketone(s) he was thinking about using? Or ketones he recommends to use?
IIRC he was interested in testing the ketone content in fruit. I believe @Jennifer might know more specifically or have an exact quote.

OP
Insaneacinamide
Finally found the interview I was thinking about. However, it was keto acids, not ketones. Perhaps a mod can change the title of the thread to keto acids?

The interview is from here @ 50:35
https://www.toxinless.com/ewh-110427-glycemia-starch-and-sugar-in-context.mp3

"and there are lots of tropical fruit that contain some keto acids... several times over the last several years I've tried to get together the stuff but the chemical companies now won't sell even keto acids and such things to independent researchers because of the new homeland security laws."

Anyone know which keto acids Ray recommends?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals