Has Anyone Ever Actually Heard Dr Peat Recommend A High Carb Diet?

Maljam

@Maljam, also I never quoted Peat. You did not see quotation marks in my post , nor did I say it was verbatim . I just paraphrased and then I sent you guys the information to figure it out.

So you just make stuff up and expect people to figure it out? If you had quoted directly as most people do it would prevent misleading statements and confusion.

Anybody could eat more fat if they want to. This is about being optimal, and who doesn't have a pufa overload. Almost everyone does unless you're perfect. Every food has pufa even coconut oil.

You do know that eating PUFA does not automatically equal PUFA overload, right? In the Patrick Timpone interview you paraphrased from it was even mentioned that the liver can process small amounts of PUFA. It is impossible to eat a completely PUFA free diet outside of a lab or hospital setting. The body can deal with some.

None of the things we have spoken about include being "optimal" Peat mentioned a low fat diet for the removal of PUFA, he never mentioned that was optimal, he just responded to the question of how you reduce levels of PUFA in the body. I would argue his response to my question is closer to the question of being optimal. Of course there are slight variations from person to person.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
@Maljam, also I never quoted Peat. You did not see quotation marks in my post , nor did I say it was verbatim . I just paraphrased and then I sent you guys the information to figure it out.

I don't like the chastising tone people take on this forum; it's just important to be very precise with language on here given that Peat likes to contradict himself on optimal carb intake when he's being directly quoted, let alone when there's room for error in the interpretation.

Anyways, has anyone ever tried a "PUFA depletion" diet? I'm curious about how that would go

I don't like the chastising tone people take on this forum; it's just important to be very precise with language on here given that Peat likes to contradict himself on optimal carb intake when he's being directly quoted, let alone when there's room for error in the interpretation.

Anyways, has anyone ever tried a "PUFA depletion" diet? I'm curious about how that would go

yes I have done zero fat for 2 or 3 days. Very useful for PUFA depletion.

snacks

yes I have done zero fat for 2 or 3 days. Very useful for PUFA depletion.

Interesting. I'm at the very high end of fat consumption (the tl;dr is that I try to emulate the saxon trio diet with the exception of the pastries which I don't tolerate well) and never noticed much benefit from very low fat (I think I did 30g or so for about a month) but this might be because I'm young-ish and haven't had the chance for much PUFA accumulation? Or maybe just my very high vitamin E I dunno

Kvothe

In a recent interview I'll have to find it but I think it's with jodelle, where he said 100% carbohydrate diet would be best

I doubt the said that since a diet consisting of 100% carbohydrates would lead to certain death within several months.

RealNeat

I doubt the said that since a diet consisting of 100% carbohydrates would lead to certain death within several months.

100% carb is impossible with whole foods.

RealNeat

you're acting like peat doesn't have a habit of disavowing supplements/artificial nutriment while also talking about quantities of different micros and macros that are impossible without them
in reference to experimental studies sure, but not in everyday applications, people seem to confuse Rays quoting of theory to suggest a diet.

tallglass13

So you just make stuff up and expect people to figure it out? If you had quoted directly as most people do it would prevent misleading statements and confusion.
Listen lady, I don't know what you're trying to do I just provided some information , and it's obvious that this interview has not been seen by a lot of members yet ,and you're very defensive.

You do know that eating PUFA does not automatically equal PUFA overload, right? In the Patrick Timpone interview you paraphrased from it was even mentioned that the liver can process small amounts of PUFA. It is impossible to eat a completely PUFA free diet outside of a lab or hospital setting. The body can deal with some.

None of the things we have spoken about include being "optimal" Peat mentioned a low fat diet for the removal of PUFA, he never mentioned that was optimal, he just responded to the question of how you reduce levels of PUFA in the body. I would argue his response to my question is closer to the question of being optimal. Of course there are slight variations from person to person.
Listen lady , I'm done with you your attitude is ridiculous. All I was doing was providing information to this thread from a new Peat interview that obviously has not been seen yet by most. And you're attacking me like a Karen stop it do not respond to me anymore

Maljam

Listen lady , I'm done with you your attitude is ridiculous. All I was doing was providing information to this thread from a new Peat interview that obviously has not been seen yet by most. And you're attacking me like a Karen stop it do not respond to me anymore

There is no need to be so emotional. What have I said that is incorrect? As @snacks said above, it is important to be precise with what we say. If everyone paraphrased to a low accuracy we would not get anywhere. I am merely trying to improve the quality of the information on the forum.

It is also useful to know that the body can naturally detox a small amount of PUFA. Eating some PUFA doesn't = pufa overload straight away.

tallglass13

I have been contributing to the title of this damn thread which is has anyone heard Ray-Peat recommend a high carb diet! Yes I have and I provided you guys with this interview.

tallglass13

Well you just have to get used to it...
If you read the title of this thread, all I did was paraphrase something Ray peat said , and I even said I don't know what interview it was exactly . I would have been extremely happy if somebody would have done that and then I would have done my own research and found the new interview myself .

snacks

Well you just have to get used to it...
If you read the title of this thread, all I did was paraphrase something Ray peat said , and I even said I don't know what interview it was exactly . I would have been extremely happy if somebody would have done that and then I would have done my own research and found the new interview myself .

Dont worry bud, if there's one thing I'm used to its seeing people take things out of context and then start getting as hormonal as a pubescent male on HRT when they're asked not to do that

managing

Aw, dude, you just told me that being precise with language is "mental masturbation" on another thread. But don't worry, I won't chastise you for it. Just helping you see your contradiction, like Dr. Peat suggests.

snacks

Aw, dude, you just told me that being precise with language is "mental masturbation" on another thread. But don't worry, I won't chastise you for it. Just helping you see your contradiction, like Dr. Peat suggests.

There's a difference between tagging me over and over again to engage in (forcing me to learn how to turn off email notifications so I should thank you honestly lol) hair splitting between synonyms and leaving out important context for nutritional advice that would be suicidal without it but sorry if I hurt your feelings I guess

Anyways the way you refer to Peat isnt the way youd refer to a a leader, guru, pontifex, authority, expert, fuhrer, tsarina, chancellor but rather it's like he's your golden calf and all you can do is breathlessly emulate him with nothing but the finest word salad

managing

There's a difference between tagging me over and over again to engage in (forcing me to learn how to turn off email notifications so I should thank you honestly lol) hair splitting between synonyms and leaving out important context for nutritional advice that would be suicidal without it but sorry if I hurt your feelings I guess

Anyways the way you refer to Peat isnt the way youd refer to a a leader, guru, pontifex, authority, expert, fuhrer, tsarina, chancellor but rather it's like he's your golden calf and all you can do is breathlessly emulate him with nothing but the finest word salad
Guru and mentor are not synonyms. If you had any appreciation of subtlety, you'd grasp what anti-authoritarianism is.

snacks

Guru and mentor are not synonyms. If you had any appreciation of subtlety, you'd grasp what anti-authoritarianism is.

My problem isn't with your trying to identify proper terms but that you were just (and still are) engaging in egotistic mental noodling devoid of intellectual content. You're so upset about this that you've followed me to a different thread to complain. Please just say your peace and leave me alone or deal with your own issues quietly because I don't feel like continuing this forever.

managing

My problem isn't with your trying to identify proper terms but that you were just (and still are) engaging in egotistic mental noodling devoid of intellectual content. You're so upset about this that you've followed me to a different thread to complain. Please just say your peace and leave me alone or deal with your own issues quietly because I don't feel like continuing this forever.
You may not be as important as you you think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals