The People With The World's Healthiest Hearts Eat A 72% Carbohydrate Diet

boris

I dunno how important dietary fat is anymore -- at least if you're overweight and PUFA loaded. If there is a benefit it's very small in the amount that you want. Didn't ray peat say you should only have somewhere between a TSP and a TBSP of coconut oil a day? It was in response to someone asking him if several TBSP a day was a good idea, I think. The problem is, it can be easy to take things out of context "Some fat is beneficial" and then extrapolate that to several TBSP of coconut oil or whatever.

*edit*

Coconut Oil looks like the most he ever took was 200-250 calories worth of CO, so basically a couple tablespoons. That seems fairly reasonable.

He also said in the same sentence he ate a quart of icecream a day :lol:. Doesn't that amount to a significant portion of saturated fat?

His newer homemade ice cream recipe adds a whole CUP of coconut oil. I think he would warn people to restrict the consumption of it. I remember in an interview he recommended to a lady to limit it to about a teaspoon or two, but she was asking for weightloss advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom