5 years on Lion Diet - Can it be Peat friendly?

Atman

How can you unironically watch this garbage?

But what actually surprised me is that this latest installment of the carnivore/Atkins fad is actually pretty popular.
Grasfed beef will probably become more widely available and cheaper. I support that.

joaquin

I am so curious about this too 😂 she mentions being so allergic to most shampoo and soap, but then is always wearing so much makeup, and I just don’t get it!
It is probably some all-natural type make up. From what I recall, she had to have both her hip and knee replaced by the age of 21.

lady1light

It is probably some all-natural type make up. From what I recall, she had to have both her hip and knee replaced by the age of 21.
Yes I totally understand she has a hyper sensitive immune system. That’s true, I suppose it could be that all natural mineral type makeup. It just seems odd because I’ve read she can barely use soap on her skin or shampoo on her hair. So all the makeup and hair dye is just a little surprising I guess. It makes me wonder how she shaves her legs too. Coconut oil?

animalcule

Yes I totally understand she has a hyper sensitive immune system. That’s true, I suppose it could be that all natural mineral type makeup. It just seems odd because I’ve read she can barely use soap on her skin or shampoo on her hair. So all the makeup and hair dye is just a little surprising I guess. It makes me wonder how she shaves her legs too. Coconut oil?
I highly doubt she uses 'all natural' makeup. First off, it's typically not as good as the non-'natural' brands (sad but true, I've tried both. There are exceptions, but for the most part, there's a reason why most brands don't just make some variation of natural oils + pigment and slap it in a jar.). Secondly, the 'natural' brands use a lot of plant oils, botanical extracts, etc. Big no-no for someone so sensitive to plants. Counterintuitively, the non-natural makeup brands are probably less prone to cause a reaction, considering all of the essential oils, etc, in the 'natural' makeup space. (Tip: if you find yourself reacting to everything, go for the baby versions of things. I couldn't find "natural" brands that worked for me, and I didn't like the ingredients in many conventional brands, so I finally settled on using sensitive skin, baby formulas. I now use Eucerin baby shampoo/body wash and don't see myself ever going back to "regular" shampoo. Yes, it's not "all natural," but it's effective and non irritating.)

Also: this girl has been injecting toxins into her face for years, in the name of beauty. She's not a crunchy hippy all natural type girl. She just doesn't eat any plant foods. Her old blog used to talk about what drinks/drugs she could do while on the carnivore diet without reacting. I think she'd settled on vodka only. She also addressed how somehow botox didn't cause a reaction. And obviously she's been dying her hair for years.

Also also: Her inflammation problems are the result of Lyme disease, which she eventually tested positive for (after going on carnivore and improving). I'm no expert on these things, but it I imagine that this plays a role in why she's only reactive to certain things that she ingests, rather than being reactive to absolutely everything. But idk.

ursidae

Her old blog used to talk about what drinks/drugs she could do while on the carnivore diet without reacting. I think she'd settled on vodka only.
lol I forgot to mention that bit, certainly the most baffling part of all is the drinking of alcohol and the drugs being okay as long as the diet is all meat
jordan was also taking lots of pharmaceuticals

just lol at this family :hilarious:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
A few years back I noticed most of the long term carnivore influencers (although not all) were people who adopted that lifestyle fairly young in their 20’s or 30’s. I think it’s a bit easier to heal in that age range compared to middle age and beyond to be perfectly honest. I eat my fair share of meat and have done strict muscle meat carnivore a few times so I’m not opposed to people trying it out at all but it can have drawbacks. It just bothers me when it’s presented as a panacea, right for everyone and when people are silenced or dismissed when they have problems eating that way.

animalcule

lol I forgot to mention that bit, certainly the most baffling part of all is the drinking of alcohol and the drugs being okay as long as the diet is all meat
jordan was also taking lots of pharmaceuticals

just lol at this family :hilarious:
I'm almost certain that part of what contributed to Jordan Peterson's extreme anxiety (which led him to medicate w/benzos) was his all meat diet. I became *incredibly* irritable and anxious after months on the diet, snapping at everyone, unable to handle small amounts of stress. I can only imagine how someone like Jordan Peterson, with his work pressures, public pressures, the fact that his wife was dying of cancer, *in addition to* the high strung state the carnivore diet can cause, would feel ... Plus, one of his biggest blind spots has also been the pharmaceutical industry (he took the covid vaccine, and then had a shocked-pikachu-face moment on Twitter when he realized that no, the Canadian government wasn't just going to leave him alone after the first shots and let things go back to normal). So: strung out from carnivore diet + life stressors + naive about pharmaceuticals = catastrophe.

Last edited:

animalcule

A few years back I noticed most of the long term carnivore influencers (although not all) were people who adopted that lifestyle fairly young in their 20’s or 30’s. I think it’s a bit easier to heal in that age range compared to middle age and beyond to be perfectly honest. I eat my fair share of meat and have done strict muscle meat carnivore a few times so I’m not opposed to people trying it out at all but it can have drawbacks. It just bothers me when it’s presented as a panacea, right for everyone and when people are silenced or dismissed when they have problems eating that way.
Danny Roddy started the carnivore diet when he was young, and it still led to bad results long term. I first did the carnivore diet when I was like 23, and then tried it again when I was 27/28, off and on. Still pretty young. And still: terrible experience. I don't believe it is healing, at least not due to the exclusion of all plants. But I do appreciate the balanced position that it's not a panacea, despite your positive experience with it. It's become too cultish for many people.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Danny Roddy started the carnivore diet when he was young, and it still led to bad results long term. I first did the carnivore diet when I was like 23, and then tried it again when I was 27/28, off and on. Still pretty young. And still: terrible experience. I don't believe it is healing, at least not due to the exclusion of all plants. But I do appreciate the balanced position that it's not a panacea, despite your positive experience with it. It's become too cultish for many people.
Yeah, I just meant the ones claiming nearly miraculous results were generally younger or started when they were younger. My experience wasn’t all positive by any means even though I do my best having plenty of animals foods. I’m pretty neutral about it to be honest and think everyone has to figure out for themselves how they need to eat.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

I'm not here to defend Mikhaila Peterson. Does she look cosmetically enhanced? Maybe, but she's also a trained esthetician, has pronounced natural cheekbones, and admitted in the podcast that she has veneers due to tooth decay from her diet when younger. I have no reason NOT to believe this poor woman has suffered through some debilitating auto-immune diseases (Juvenile idiopathic arthritis), surgeries and inflammatory reactions throughout her young life. So I'm completely forgiving if she wants to make herself look and feel healthy - and if she can make a buck or two off her experience - I don't care. Do we similarly judge the people that profit from Ray Peats work??

Don't mistake my post as an advertisement for, or recommendation of the Carnivore diet - that is completely different. The Lion diet, as stated on the website, is a temporary Elimination diet.

Tell me if these two dietary recommendations aren't similar:

Modality 1:
-Eat Protein through gelatinous cuts of meat (beef, lamb, pork) and dairy (cheese) - avoid aged beef, muscle only cuts, fish, jerky, most eggs, plain yogurt and cheese w/out rennet. Eat beef liver once a week
-Drink milk that is agreeable to you. If intolerant, try lactose free or goat milk and work you way into standard milk. If you're not active, avoid full fat milk
-Balance protein intake with up to double the amount carbohydrates in the form of fruit juice (orange), honey, maple syrup or Mexican coke in an emergency
-Eat a small amount of good fat in the form of butter & coconut oil, with Olive oil as an acceptable and occasional alternative.
-Pork/Bacon is acceptable if you render the bad fat off first, dispose of it, then refry in butter or coconut oil
-Salt everything liberally
-Avoid wheat products
-Avoid starch
-Avoid Pepper and most commercial dried spices
-Drink water, but not too much
-Avoid most vegetables (including sweet potato's) accept for raw carrots with vinegar and oil
-Avoid all beans and legumes
-Only eat Potato's if cooked for 30 minutes and with butter and salt. Juiced potato's are ok but heat the juice before drinking
-Get electrolytes from coffee and salt

Modality 2
-Eat Protein through acceptable cuts of beef, bison, lamb tongue etc.
-Eat organ meat if you can tolerate it.
-Salt meat generously
-Avoid milk initially, add in goat milk, dairy milk and cheese slowly and if tolerated
-Avoid Soy and Soy products and "bad" fats
-Avoid Legumes
-Avoid vegetables at first, adding green vegetables, tubers and berries as tolerated
-Avoid processed sugar at first, adding some natural sugars like honey fruit if tolerated
-Avoid all wheat products
-Avoid Starch
-Avoid most spices
-Drink water, preferably carbonated water
-Get electrolytes from salt, magnesium and potassium

These aren't that different. And considering the fact that one is a "way of life" dietary change, and the other is an elimination diet, why can't the Lion Diet be used as a stepping stone?

By the way, can you have too much phosphorous in both diets... YES. Can you have too much tryptophan, cysteine and methionine in both diets... YES. Is she promoting a Carnivore Diet, Not Really. Would the LION diet work as a long term/permanent diet... doubtful. But as I mentioned at the start, it's only meant to be an elimination diet.

I feel like Mikhaila Peterson is doing what Dr. Peat did throughout his life... eliminating and adding foods based on how it makes her feel. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the scientific background or years of experience yet.

Dr. Peat just a few months ago said he was sick due to a product using celery juice as a preservative. After eliminating so many foods with allergenic ingredients, he was able to quickly notice the side effects when exposed to those unusual additives. When Mikhaila Peterson get's bad reactions from milk, sugar, pepper or fruit, is her system fine tuned enough to where she noticeably reacts to those additives or allergens, Like Dr. Peat did?
Who knows for sure - but there are similarities. Perceive, think, act

animalcule

I'm not here to defend Mikhaila Peterson. Does she look cosmetically enhanced? Maybe, but she's also a trained esthetician, has pronounced natural cheekbones, and admitted in the podcast that she has veneers due to tooth decay from her diet when younger. I have no reason NOT to believe this poor woman has suffered through some debilitating auto-immune diseases (Juvenile idiopathic arthritis), surgeries and inflammatory reactions throughout her young life. So I'm completely forgiving if she wants to make herself look and feel healthy - and if she can make a buck or two off her experience - I don't care. Do we similarly judge the people that profit from Ray Peats work??

Don't mistake my post as an advertisement for, or recommendation of the Carnivore diet - that is completely different. The Lion diet, as stated on the website, is a temporary Elimination diet.

Tell me if these two dietary recommendations aren't similar:

Modality 1:
-Eat Protein through gelatinous cuts of meat (beef, lamb, pork) and dairy (cheese) - avoid aged beef, muscle only cuts, fish, jerky, most eggs, plain yogurt and cheese w/out rennet. Eat beef liver once a week
-Drink milk that is agreeable to you. If intolerant, try lactose free or goat milk and work you way into standard milk. If you're not active, avoid full fat milk
-Balance protein intake with up to double the amount carbohydrates in the form of fruit juice (orange), honey, maple syrup or Mexican coke in an emergency
-Eat a small amount of good fat in the form of butter & coconut oil, with Olive oil as an acceptable and occasional alternative.
-Pork/Bacon is acceptable if you render the bad fat off first, dispose of it, then refry in butter or coconut oil
-Salt everything liberally
-Avoid wheat products
-Avoid starch
-Avoid Pepper and most commercial dried spices
-Drink water, but not too much
-Avoid most vegetables (including sweet potato's) accept for raw carrots with vinegar and oil
-Avoid all beans and legumes
-Only eat Potato's if cooked for 30 minutes and with butter and salt. Juiced potato's are ok but heat the juice before drinking
-Get electrolytes from coffee and salt

Modality 2
-Eat Protein through acceptable cuts of beef, bison, lamb tongue etc.
-Eat organ meat if you can tolerate it.
-Salt meat generously
-Avoid milk initially, add in goat milk, dairy milk and cheese slowly and if tolerated
-Avoid Soy and Soy products and "bad" fats
-Avoid Legumes
-Avoid vegetables at first, adding green vegetables, tubers and berries as tolerated
-Avoid processed sugar at first, adding some natural sugars like honey fruit if tolerated
-Avoid all wheat products
-Avoid Starch
-Avoid most spices
-Drink water, preferably carbonated water
-Get electrolytes from salt, magnesium and potassium

These aren't that different. And considering the fact that one is a "way of life" dietary change, and the other is an elimination diet, why can't the Lion Diet be used as a stepping stone?

By the way, can you have too much phosphorous in both diets... YES. Can you have too much tryptophan, cysteine and methionine in both diets... YES. Is she promoting a Carnivore Diet, Not Really. Would the LION diet work as a long term/permanent diet... doubtful. But as I mentioned at the start, it's only meant to be an elimination diet.

Dr. Peat just a few months ago said he was sick due to a product using celery juice as a preservative. After eliminating so many foods with allergenic ingredients, he was able to quickly notice the side effects when exposed to those unusual additives. When Mikhaila Peterson get's bad reactions from milk, sugar, pepper or fruit, is her system fine tuned enough to where she noticeably reacts to those additives or allergens, Like Dr. Peat did?
Who knows for sure - but there are similarities. Perceive, think, act
... At this point, I'm mostly just confused at how someone who has apparently been on this forum/in the alt health space since 2013 can think that these diets are in any way comparable, apart from the fact that they involve eliminating some similar foods and then adjusting based on how you feel (but you could say the same about many other diets...).

- The glaringly obvious difference though is that one is a 'pro-metabolic', moderate to high carb diet and the other is an extreme ketogenic diet. Like ... completely different metabolisms. Opposite ends. The carnivore diet (and the marketing term that very credulous people use: "Lion" diet) is not even remotely Peaty. Your list attempts to make the comparison seem compelling, but even when you fudge the facts, it still doesn't compare, as carnivore relies on a ketogenic metabolism, which Peat did not promote. A ketogenic diet is not a 'pro-metabolic' diet, no matter how you try to swing it. You even say so: Peat said to balance protein with carb intake. This is not a trivial difference -- it's essential. Your digestion and metabolism with carbs vs zero carbs is vastly different, and will have a vastly different impact on your health. Not the same approach, at all.

- Also: Peat was not anti-wheat or anti starch. This is misinfo. He recommended sourdough bread, masa, and other well cooked, easily digested starches, when tolerated. If you can't eat these foods, it's not because the foods are bad for you, it's because your gut is messed up. Removing starches was only recommended as a short term thing, until you could improve your digestion. He was not ever anti starch. He was not even anti-wheat, when prepared as sourdough. Mikhaila Peterson thinks that wheat is evil and plants are unnecessary and toxic.

- Peat did not encourage large amounts of muscle meat. Mikhaila Peterson lives off of muscle meat.

"These aren't that different." ---> I'm crying laughing. Where are my emojis... You want to ignore significant differences, fudge facts to make them seem more similar, and then pounce on the few similarities to make your point ... Odd.

"I feel like Mikhaila Peterson is doing what Dr. Peat did throughout his life... eliminating and adding foods based on how it makes her feel. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the scientific background or years of experience yet." ---> Yea man, almost everyone does this after a certain point. If you're waiting for some public figure to tell you this, or you find it significant when you see someone saying this, after so many years, I don't know what to say. It doesn't mean she's like Peat ... it just means she's discovered the impact diet has on health, she's not a moron, and she's experimenting. She could be doing literally any other diet and say the same thing.

The most a reasonable person could say is that both RP and MP encourage elimination diets and experimentation to see what feels right. Awesome. But their principles and orientations are very, very different.

And to be clear: I'm not a Peat acolyte. I'm not here trying to defend Peat, I just think it's a dumb comparison. I've got my own new experiment going, seeing very good results, and hope to write a post about my anti-Peat diet results here in a couple of months. No shade to the guy, but I'm seeing very good improvements for both digestion and weight by incorporating moderate-to-large amounts of legumes daily, along with lots of fish and cod liver oil supplementation (high PUFA). Feeling pretty good. But ... I wouldn't try to claim that, "Oh, no, really, see, my high PUFA, high legume diet is actually similar in principle to Peat's, cause I'm also eliminating XYZ! I also eat what feels right!"

Just to finish:
Does she look cosmetically enhanced? Maybe, but she's also a trained esthetician, has pronounced natural cheekbones, and admitted in the podcast that she has veneers due to tooth decay from her diet when younger. I have no reason NOT to believe this poor woman has suffered through some debilitating auto-immune diseases (Juvenile idiopathic arthritis), surgeries and inflammatory reactions throughout her young life. So I'm completely forgiving if she wants to make herself look and feel healthy - and if she can make a buck or two off her experience - I don't care. Do we similarly judge the people that profit from Ray Peats work??

"Maybe" she looks cosmetically enhanced?? She's outright admitted to multiple procedures, has interviewed a plastic surgeon about procedures to stay looking young, and has classic influencer face (note: few influencers w/such faces eat only meat... wonder how they all look that way, hmm...). And your original post included how she "looks good" after 5 years on her diet, to support the idea that her diet is a good one. Of course people are going to come on here with a raised eyebrow to bring up the fact that she's cosmetically enhancing herself to look good, regardless of diet. You hedge, now, that you don't care if she's gotten procedures done -- fair enough. But unfortunately her looks cannot be used as evidence that her diet is a good one.

And yea, I absolutely do judge people who profit from Ray Peat's work, because I strive not to be a credulous idiot in the internet era. Always be skeptical of people trying to make a buck, especially in the diet world... Haidut hawks supplements. Everyone should at least raise an eyebrow at that before deciding if they trust him (personally: I don't buy any, never plan to, but I always appreciate his posts about scientific studies). But if Haidut were to go on Roddy's podcast with hairplugs, facial surgery, liposuction, etched abs AND THEN hawk his supplements, pushing them as a pathway to his own new health and vitality? All eyebrows should be raised, and none should ever come down.

How can someone be so sensitive to all foods that they turn into a wreck from ingesting a flake of black pepper, yet not be sensitive to plastic surgery, fillers, tons of makeup, hair bleaching chemicals, fake tans and fake nail glue?

Lol, that's a good point. Personally I think she's mostly full of ***t with the health claims she's making about the Lion diet. The whole "lion diet" feels like a "stick it to the vegan libz" gimmick, like she's trying to make diet a culture war issue.

animalcule

Lol, that's a good point. Personally I think she's mostly full of ***t with the health claims she's making about the Lion diet. The whole "lion diet" feels like a "stick it to the vegan libz" gimmick, like she's trying to make diet a culture war issue.
The “Lion Diet” *is* a marketing gimmick, but it wasn’t done to stick it to the vegans or whatever. She did it to end joint deterioration and a host of other issues brought on by undiagnosed Lyme Disease that she contracted as a child. I completely believe it helped her. And then she met Andrew Tate and tried to capitalize off her diet in a skeezy way. She’s settled into an influencer model. I find her manipulative and money hungry. I find her diet incredibly bad long term (Esme la Fleur is another example of a woman with Lyme disease who did carnivore, improved dramatically, and then crashed hard years later. But all she did was run a free carnivore website, not try to squeeze hundreds out of the plebs). But she’s not faking the improvements she’s seen since going carnivore. Just a matter of time before it stops working.

username

Do you think it is a superior approach to fat loss as well?
That's a hard one. I think it worked pretty good for me in regards to weight and physique, but I didn't find that it worked well when I was pushed too hard with stress. I couldn't handle caffeine at all, for instance. Carnivore in a really low stress environment feels good to me.

I have been working with Peat principles for the past 2 years and I THINK that I do a little better than carnivore in all regards if I just add fruits and a little honey on top of the carnivore diet.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's a hard one. I think it worked pretty good for me in regards to weight and physique, but I didn't find that it worked well when I was pushed too hard with stress. I couldn't handle caffeine at all, for instance. Carnivore in a really low stress environment feels good to me.

I have been working with Peat principles for the past 2 years and I THINK that I do a little better than carnivore in all regards if I just add fruits and a little honey on top of the carnivore diet.
Yep, I think this is true for me as well. I definitely get carb deficiency symptoms if I only consume fatty meat and other animal products for too long despite the fact most people in carnivore circles will claim carbs aren’t necessary.

GreekDemiGod

Some thoughts:

1) No. There is almost no overlap between a carnivore diet and Ray Peat's dietary principles/philosophy. It seems like you're trying to force a merge between two camps that you like and want to be true. But it just doesn't fit. For starters: Peat is pro sugar. Carnivore is anti.

2) Let's stop calling it the Lion Diet. The "Lion Diet" is just the carnivore diet, but Mikhaila Peterson needed to rebrand it so that she could link it to herself, and then monetize it. It is a marketing term. Full stop. Few people seem to remember, but when she first started the carnivore diet, she launched a $600/year membership program for the "Lion Diet." It was an egregious amount of money to charge for information that is basic/free and "support" that could also be found on other forums for free (but of course, you wouldn't be able to interact with Mikhaila on those forums). She needed to brand what she was doing, and so the "Lion Diet" was born. It's just the carnivore diet, people, and when you use the marketing term that she coined, you're telling me (and everyone else) that you're buying into post-2017 marketing terms for a diet that has been around for centuries.

(I hate to be all "back in my day," especially because I definitely would never encourage anyone to do a carnivore type diet, not after my disastrous experience, but ... back in my day, not even that long ago, we didn't have hardly any 'influencers' in this space, trying to make a buck off of their carnivore 'expertise').

3) "She looks good." Yes, she does! But she also: has lip injections, botox, a lip lift, probably other fillers, wears makeup, does facial procedures, and possibly has additional plastic surgery (and she'll definitely get some in the future, from what I can tell, she's open about this). She's got $$$$ and she puts a lot of effort into her appearance. It's true that the carnivore diet can give a sort of glow to the skin -- I experienced this glow, and received compliments about it, until I crashed and burned. However, Mikhaila Peterson has also enhanced her looks through cosmetics and cosmetic procedures.
💯

mamakitty

How can someone be so sensitive to all foods that they turn into a wreck from ingesting a flake of black pepper, yet not be sensitive to plastic surgery, fillers, tons of makeup, hair bleaching chemicals, fake tans and fake nail glue?
Boggles the mind, eh

mamakitty

... At this point, I'm mostly just confused at how someone who has apparently been on this forum/in the alt health space since 2013 can think that these diets are in any way comparable, apart from the fact that they involve eliminating some similar foods and then adjusting based on how you feel (but you could say the same about many other diets...).

- The glaringly obvious difference though is that one is a 'pro-metabolic', moderate to high carb diet and the other is an extreme ketogenic diet. Like ... completely different metabolisms. Opposite ends. The carnivore diet (and the marketing term that very credulous people use: "Lion" diet) is not even remotely Peaty. Your list attempts to make the comparison seem compelling, but even when you fudge the facts, it still doesn't compare, as carnivore relies on a ketogenic metabolism, which Peat did not promote. A ketogenic diet is not a 'pro-metabolic' diet, no matter how you try to swing it. You even say so: Peat said to balance protein with carb intake. This is not a trivial difference -- it's essential. Your digestion and metabolism with carbs vs zero carbs is vastly different, and will have a vastly different impact on your health. Not the same approach, at all.

- Also: Peat was not anti-wheat or anti starch. This is misinfo. He recommended sourdough bread, masa, and other well cooked, easily digested starches, when tolerated. If you can't eat these foods, it's not because the foods are bad for you, it's because your gut is messed up. Removing starches was only recommended as a short term thing, until you could improve your digestion. He was not ever anti starch. He was not even anti-wheat, when prepared as sourdough. Mikhaila Peterson thinks that wheat is evil and plants are unnecessary and toxic.

- Peat did not encourage large amounts of muscle meat. Mikhaila Peterson lives off of muscle meat.

"These aren't that different." ---> I'm crying laughing. Where are my emojis... You want to ignore significant differences, fudge facts to make them seem more similar, and then pounce on the few similarities to make your point ... Odd.

"I feel like Mikhaila Peterson is doing what Dr. Peat did throughout his life... eliminating and adding foods based on how it makes her feel. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the scientific background or years of experience yet." ---> Yea man, almost everyone does this after a certain point. If you're waiting for some public figure to tell you this, or you find it significant when you see someone saying this, after so many years, I don't know what to say. It doesn't mean she's like Peat ... it just means she's discovered the impact diet has on health, she's not a moron, and she's experimenting. She could be doing literally any other diet and say the same thing.

The most a reasonable person could say is that both RP and MP encourage elimination diets and experimentation to see what feels right. Awesome. But their principles and orientations are very, very different.

And to be clear: I'm not a Peat acolyte. I'm not here trying to defend Peat, I just think it's a dumb comparison. I've got my own new experiment going, seeing very good results, and hope to write a post about my anti-Peat diet results here in a couple of months. No shade to the guy, but I'm seeing very good improvements for both digestion and weight by incorporating moderate-to-large amounts of legumes daily, along with lots of fish and cod liver oil supplementation (high PUFA). Feeling pretty good. But ... I wouldn't try to claim that, "Oh, no, really, see, my high PUFA, high legume diet is actually similar in principle to Peat's, cause I'm also eliminating XYZ! I also eat what feels right!"

Just to finish:

"Maybe" she looks cosmetically enhanced?? She's outright admitted to multiple procedures, has interviewed a plastic surgeon about procedures to stay looking young, and has classic influencer face (note: few influencers w/such faces eat only meat... wonder how they all look that way, hmm...). And your original post included how she "looks good" after 5 years on her diet, to support the idea that her diet is a good one. Of course people are going to come on here with a raised eyebrow to bring up the fact that she's cosmetically enhancing herself to look good, regardless of diet. You hedge, now, that you don't care if she's gotten procedures done -- fair enough. But unfortunately her looks cannot be used as evidence that her diet is a good one.

And yea, I absolutely do judge people who profit from Ray Peat's work, because I strive not to be a credulous idiot in the internet era. Always be skeptical of people trying to make a buck, especially in the diet world... Haidut hawks supplements. Everyone should at least raise an eyebrow at that before deciding if they trust him (personally: I don't buy any, never plan to, but I always appreciate his posts about scientific studies). But if Haidut were to go on Roddy's podcast with hairplugs, facial surgery, liposuction, etched abs AND THEN hawk his supplements, pushing them as a pathway to his own new health and vitality? All eyebrows should be raised, and none should ever come down.
+1

EJG2112

For the last 5 years I have been doing fruit and meat diet due to health reasons. Tons of fruits and some meat, eggs, seafood, liver, fish( but not more than 100 grams of protein daily). I tried both carnivore and frutarian. Non of them was sustainable for me long term. They just left me feeling deprived and miserable. With fruit and animal protein I feel balanced. I resolved many health issues. Feeling great. For me there is no coming back to ”regular diet”, since I am intolerant to most foods. However, like Michael I resolved debilitating arthritis, which occurred to be crazy reaction of my immune system to regular foods. Unfortunately, milk proved to be the worst offender. So I have to supplement eggshells daily for my calcium. But that is ok as long as I do not suffer any more.
I am glad I do not have to be that strict, I hated my carnivore experiment. My heart was pounding all the time, I could not sleep and I had epic constipation. But that’s just me…
Thanks for sharing what has worked for you. I have moderate autoimmune arthritis and general inflammatory issues. I loved the easy weight loss of a low carb diet, but constipation was quite unpleasant, similar issues as you experienced.

You do not consume any carrots or well cooked vegetables at all? Can you handle any coffee or tea? Gelatin? White sugar?

Any idea how many grams of fat are you getting? Can you use butter or ghee without any symptoms, or are you using coconut oil?

Do you mostly eat whole fruits or do you consume juices as well. Can you handle all fruits well, including bananas, as they have a bit of starch? For some reason, Dates, apricots, and other dried fruits seem to cause issues for me.

I think the meat and fruit approach is my best option at this point. Starches and dairy are problematic for sure. Nuts and seeds are even worse. Protein in excess of 150 g a day as well causes issues. Not sure how much of a negative effect, if any that small amounts of well cooked non starchy vegetables are having on me though. Guess I could try to reintroduce later.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals