113 years old woman who eats 1 kg of sugar daily

bendis

113'lük Zeliha Nine tıbbı şaşırttı!
In this post I would like to share one of the many illuminating moment of my life when I read about a Turkish woman who's 113 years old and she eats tons of sugar daily from the very early age. She also said she eats very little she drinks lot of milk and yoghurt she doesnt eat meat walks a lot and all her blood results for blood sugar and cholesterols turned out to be at ideal range. Doctor claimed she has the body of a 30 years old woman. As you can see she has a very beautiful skin for her age and she talk properly and understand everything said to her with no hearing or understanding issues. People in Turkey believes she's a miracle a rare lucky genetic type of situation but after knowing the principals of Ray Peat I'm suspicious to that..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5i-BZR8JFw&ab_channel=ZahideYeti%C5%9F%27le

InChristAlone

I wonder in what form the sugar takes? It's kinda hard to sit down and start chowing down on some white sugar.

Vileplume

Holy ***t, she's just taking straight spoonfuls of white sugar from the bowl.

What a legend.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: On second look, it's yogurt not sugar. Whoops.

InChristAlone

There's always more to the story of these centurians. A lot of times they live a very carefree lifestyle and involved in their community. Modern life is anything but carefree these days. And we don't live close to family. We all live separated and alone which is completely deadly for longevity.

Vileplume

There's always more to the story of these centurians. A lot of times they live a very carefree lifestyle and involved in their community. Modern life is anything but carefree these days. And we don't live close to family. We all live separated and alone which is completely deadly for longevity.
Absolutely. I guess that's why "blue zones" around the world can have radically different diets and each have exceptionally long lifespans.

OP
B

bendis

Holy ***t, she's just taking straight spoonfuls of white sugar from the bowl.

What a legend.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: On second look, it's yogurt not sugar. Whoops.
its sugar in the video but I translated the news she claimed she eats lots of yoghurt too which is consumed widely in Turkey

P

Peatness

I bet she's never been vaccinated

Comment 46 of this article

Nothing new under the sun Malcolm. On the subject of quinine, my grandmother is 100 (and a half, that half strangely important to her), not vaccinated for covid (is anyone?) and hale and hearty, other than registered blind. The only medication she is on is quinine, been taking it for leg cramps for a decade. Takes two buses and two trains to her holiday home, alone. Likes a beer and a cigarette of an evening. I took her to minor injuries last week for what looked like an infected leg wound from a fall. Doctor asked if she’d had her booster. She said “I’ve never had a vaccine in my life and I’ve never been inside a hospital either, my grand-daughter dragged me here on the promise of a trip to M&S afterwards. He high fived her and took a selfie.

OP
B

bendis

Is it typically full-fat yogurt?
she didnt give explanation on that but it can be expected to be home made full fat yoghurt when you consider her age. But in general I believe she is on very low fat diet bc she also doesnt consume any kind of meat too only milk and yoghurt

Orome

Forum Supporter
Doctor claimed she has the body of a 30 years old woman.
Well she does look good for her age but I don't see the body of a 30 year old woman to be honest. ;)
Although her skin is definitely one of the best I have seen in a centenarian. I doubt though that it has a lot to do with the sugar. The important thing is: Sugar is not the bad guy and is not killing you as they want us to believe (especially the white sugar).
Hope she stays around.

laleto12

In Turkey people use a lot of PUFA oils for cooking mostly sunflower and margarine. I would not be surprised if she consumed a lot of PUFA. That borek in that video for example is definitely cooked with shitty oils.

mayku-T-meelo

It looks to me she does not give a damn about that burek. I don't know Turkish, but I imagine the reporter is asking her to choose between burek and sugar around 2 minute mark lol and she goes for sugar.

Coderr

I am Turkish. I researched this woman. She is known as sugar granny. She died in 2021. According to official records, she is 92 years old. But his own claim is that he is 115 years old.

InChristAlone

I am Turkish. I researched this woman. She is known as sugar granny. She died in 2021. According to official records, she is 92 years old. But his own claim is that he is 115 years old.
If that's true then my own Grandpa lived longer at 96. And my Step Dad's Father at 98 who lived on dollar store food.

OP
B

bendis

it's possible that she maybe way older than whats written on her id. most of the childeren registered way later than the year they born previosuly. Its higly probable they mentioned the biological age of her.

laleto12

this is n
I wonder this too given the Randle Cycle! If her only sources of fat are yoghurt and milk though, she is probably eating much more carbs than fat
its definitely full-fat fyoghurt. Practically no one eats no-fat yoghurt in Turkey

Elie

Forum Supporter
brilliant. love those centenarian stories.