My Sister Cured Hashimotos, Type 2 Diabetes And PCOS Diagnose Within A Month

Perry Staltic

Peat states that 2x the MDR of iodine can be carcinogenic

MDR is 150 mcg/day. Japanese reportedly eat many times that amount, mainly from seaweed. I've read it can be as much as 12,000 mcg/day. This comment suggests even more.

I wish to comment and clarify one simple thing based on my own personal experience, how much iodine did or does the japanese consume without adverse effects. Also to serve as a direct counter to the rather uninformed and limited argument this dr. Gaby makes.

I am chinese, born in northeastern part of china, by local culture people from this part of china is used to seafood and seaweed and jap style seaweed snacks, I can tell you for a fact that as a whole, we dont consume as much as the japs do.

Take a popular seaweed snack for example, dried seaweed, pressed into these super thin sheets, lightly salted, sometimes loaded with oil and sometimes not. The dry weight of a typical uncut sheet is roughly 3.5 grams without loading it with oil. By the equation provided here that dried seaweed contain roughly 0.3 percent of iodine by weight, this translates to 10.5mg iodine per sheet give or take.

How many of these sheets do we normally eat? As kids, I remember drowning anywhere between 5-10 sheet of the stuff in a single day, occasionally more, now granted we dont do this every day since they are both delicious and somewhat expansive, but a couple times a week is not uncommon when we had the extra allowances to spend. No one I know of ever had any issues that would be traced by to eating the stuff.

Perry Staltic

Peat states that 2x the MDR of iodine can be carcinogenic

I listened to the video, and Peat doesn't say that 2x MDR can be carcinogenic. He says various studies show it can cause antibody attacks on the thyroid and thyroiditus.

ALS

'using coconut oil, olive oil, avocado and the meat fat as her only fat sources.' Peat says not to use avocado at all. 'Focusing on eating clean unprocessed meat, high fat fish like salmon' He does not recommend salmon because of the PUFA. 'and some fruits like bananas' Peat doesn't recommend bananas unless they are overripe, on account of the starch content.

Re: New world vegetables (potatoes, tomatoes) - They have lectins, however, according to Dr. Gundry (famous on the internet) you can destroy the lectins in those by pressure cooking. He said the only lectins that cannot be destroyed by pressure cooking are the ones in grains. I've been wanting to use potatoes as a protein source, so I'll be pressure cooking the juice and seeing how that works.

I've got Hashimoto's and MTHFR issues, with the MTHFR comes histamine overload problems. Genetically, I don't make enough of the histamine degrading enzyme (DAO). You create histamine every time you eat, so at the moment I'm taking histamine blockers occasionally.

DAO supplements are from pork kidney. Pigs can eat just about anything because of the high level of histamine degrading enzyme in their system.

Shrimp tends to cause a lot of issues, histamine and Hashimoto's together makes my choices for protein limited Eggs and dairy give me eczema, which is also histamine related

When I was a kid, I got bit by a mosquito and the bite would produce an uncommonly large swelling. This swelling reaction stopped around age 15, the age when the hormones kick in. Once I got past 40 (and the hormones dropped), I ended up having other histamine issues, namely follicular conjunctivitis (look up the images for that) which was causing blurred vision.

I've been wondering if Hashimoto's has a connection with this histamine sensitivity issue.

I once tried to dose with iodine (about 1-5 drops) but all it did was bring back more symptoms and make me extremely tired.

"MDR is 150 mcg/day. Japanese reportedly eat many times that amount, mainly from seaweed. I've read it can be as much as 12,000 mcg/day. This comment suggests even more."

I lived in Japan nearly a decade. Both their consumption of soy and their consumption of iodine via seafood is overrated and misreported. Curry rice (has a lot of PUFA) is a big time favorite dish in Japan. They also like to deep fry a lot (and not just tempura). Hashimoto, who was behind the discovery of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, discovered it in women who lived along the coast who ate a higher amount of seaweed than normal. And this was back in the early 20th century, before their diet changed.

I've never had a TSH that high (84). I have had TPO antibodies as high as 1600 (normal is below 35). TSH at the moment is 1.8 but I still have symptoms and can't lose weight easily. Latest TPO is about 230.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals