Best Way To Get Off Birth Control For 15+ Years

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
Hi,

I am asking for ways to help a woman (in her early 30's) to get off birth control after 15+ years. She is currently eating a paleo-type of diet, not low in carbs but not where she should ideally be, and she supplements nothing other than some whey protein.

For starters I suggested she add milk and gelatin protein powder to the whey, some additional orange juice to help keep her carbs and calories up, regular bone broth, 2-aspirins a day, 1,000 mg niacinamide, vitamin B1 (100mg) and B6 (10 mg). That is just what she's gonna start with for the first few weeks.

What can she take beyond that? And, what would she need to do/take to get to ideal health in, say 1 year?

Thanks.

Waynish

Great question. For how many people here are so down on estrogen, there are a surprisingly lack of guides and guidance for women using progesterone and timing as a replacement. Potentially getting pregnant is obviously a much bigger deal than just experimenting with supplements - if the Peat birth control alternative isn't used right or is ineffective...

L

lollipop

Honestly knowing how bad birth control is, I would stop it instantly and support myself with nutrient dense foods - try to use food to detox estrogen and try a protocol for 3months or so of progesterone to regain balance - not be on it forever.

L

lollipop

Great question. For how many people here are so down on estrogen, there are a surprisingly lack of guides and guidance for women using progesterone and timing as a replacement. Potentially getting pregnant is obviously a much bigger deal than just experimenting with supplements - if the Peat birth control alternative isn't used right or is ineffective...
I agree about pregnancy being more than! I think I would focus on my health and normalize my hormones before even thinking about pregnancy.

jitsmonkey

there are a 101 ways to have sexual relations without risking pregnancy
there are also more than a few reliable ways to avoid pregnancy that don't involve estrogen
taking the birth control pill is FAR from the only effective way to avoid pregnancy and still have sex.

tara

What are her aims?
To stop contraception and improve her own health with a view to conceiving a healthy child?
Or to replace one form of estrogen-based contraception with a non-estrogen-based form that is at least as reliable at preventing pregnancy, but less harmful for her own health?

L

lollipop

What are her aims?
To stop contraception and improve her own health with a view to conceiving a healthy child?
Or to replace one form of estrogen-based contraception with a non-estrogen-based form that is at least as reliable at preventing pregnancy, but less harmful for her own health?
Great questions. @Sam Suska do you know the answers? A great base to understand to know how to create a plan.

OP
Sam Suska

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
@tara and @lisaferraro the aim is to totally stop contraception right now in order to be healthy and fertile in a year or so.

L

lollipop

@tara and @lisaferraro the aim is to totally stop contraception right now in order to be healthy and fertile in a year or so.
If that is the case, personally I would again:

*have a balanced nutrient dense Peat Inspired diet/lifestyle.
*Focus on foods that decrease estrogen and Serotonin, and keep the gut/GI track healthy, *take progest-e following the exact instructions of how to start. Ray suggests 10mg a day which is good after that initial start up phase which includes more. I would use for 2-3 months following cycle with 2 weeks on 2 weeks off while monitoring temps and pulse. If all is well after a few months wean off progesterone.

Again @Sam Suska I am not a professional only experimented with myself and this is what I would do personally.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Long Natural Health sends a sheet of how to use progest-e. I think it might be in their website. This is what I mean above. Follow exactly. Very helpful info.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals