Peat diet and low oestrogen

Violet

I have a friend who is interested in eating Peat, but she's reticent to try it because of the oestrogen lowering aspect of the diet. She has low oestrogen, low progesterone, low cortisol, low DHEA. I told her that Peat's approach is hormonal balance in general, but perhaps someone could give me more info on how Peat's diet would help her?

Thanks!

J

j.

The production of all those things requires good thyroid function, cholesterol, pregnenolone, and vitamin A. The Peat diet aims to provide that.

Violet

Thanks for replying!

Ironically, out of all her results, her thyroid function is the one thing that's okay!

Mittir

Your friend is most likely in good health with low cortisol, low estrogen and good thyroid function.
It is possible she is already on a healthy diet. Do you know what kind of diet she is on?
RP recommendations keep stress hormones in check by increasing anti stress hormones.
It is about the ratio of estrogen and progesterone, in healthy person
progesterone goes up when estrogen is high to bring the balance.
In unhealthy person estrogen goes unopposed. Low progesterone may mean
lack of sugar in diet. Sugar provides cholesterol, a precursor to progesterone.

Violet

Mittir said:
Your friend is most likely in good health with low cortisol, low estrogen and good thyroid function.
It is possible she is already on a healthy diet. Do you know what kind of diet she is on?
RP recommendations keep stress hormones in check by increasing anti stress hormones.
It is about the ratio of estrogen and progesterone, in healthy person
progesterone goes up when estrogen is high to bring the balance.
In unhealthy person estrogen goes unopposed. Low progesterone may mean
lack of sugar in diet. Sugar provides cholesterol, a precursor to progesterone.

Thanks for your reply Mittir! She's not in good health, as most of her hormones are rock bottom and she suffers a lot from having no energy. But, the good news is she's decided to switch to Peat and is already feeling better :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AJC Very Low Fat Peat Diet And Physical Changes Diet 40
Daimyo Switching from Low Carb, "insuline resistance" diet to peat diet? Diet 12
J cholesterol is low but thyroid levels improving on Peat diet Cholesterol 7
haidut One Reason Why Ray Peat Recommends Low(er) Fat Diet Scientific Studies 80
Hgreen56 Ray Peat (high Sugar) Diet Works Only Temporarily (?) Diet 0
youngsinatra Bodybuilding Diet With Ray Peat Principles Discussing Dietary Models 31
Hgreen56 Has Anyone Ever Actually Heard Dr Peat Recommend A High Carb Diet? Diet 64
Brundle Would The Optimal Peat Diet Be Mostly Raw Animal Products And Fruit? Diet 38
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat "Ray Peat Diet Put Me In Hospital" Debate - Anti-Peat 18
Z Elite OCR Training On Peat Diet? Exercise 2
D Another Peat Inspired Diet On The Horizon Diet 33
M How The Fluck Can I Get A High Calorie Diet On Ray Peat „guidelines“?and Ask For Help or Advice 33
L Anti-Peat I Think Eating A Ray Peat Style Diet Messed Me Up Debate - Anti-Peat 58
theLaw Live Stream #23: Thoughts On "The Ray Peat Diet" With Emma Sgourakis (The Nutrition Coach) Danny Roddy 0
ddjd Peat Approach To Gall Bladder Problems? Diet/ Nutrition/ Exercise? Ask For Help or Advice 22
Fat&Furious Peat Style Diet For An Exhausted Newbie? Metabolism 7
ScurveDream Does Following A Peat-inspired Diet/" Make One Orthorexic? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 11
G Something To Keep In Mind About Peat And His Diet Diet 9
Francisco How To Gain Weight/get Enough Calories On A Peat Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 8
N My Results With A Ray Peat Inspired Diet So Far Diet 0
N Bodybuilding To Vegan To Carnivore To The Vertical Diet & Ray Peat & MORE Ask For Help or Advice 17
NHF TSH Levels And Ray Peat Diet Blood Work, Labs 24
A.R Keto Diet Ray Peat Modification? Ask For Help or Advice 3
F I've Just Started A Peat Style Diet And Am Very Impressed With The Results Meet & Greet 3
Highserotonin90 Ray Peat Diet / Body Recomp / Lean Body Mass Diet 5
K Plant Based Diet Was Best For Me. Is Ray Peat A Bunch Of Bs? Diet 107
bboone Introduction And Experience (so Far) With A Peat-inspired Diet Approach Meet & Greet 0
D Peat Diet And Inflammation Diet 22
L Vitamin B Deficiency In Ray Peat Diet Vitamins 7
K New To Ray Peat Diet. I Have A Lot Of Constipation Last Couple Days Ask For Help or Advice 12
F Ray Peat’s 8000 Calorie Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 28
N Resting Heart Rate Dropping Alot After Starting Peat Enthused Diet Metabolism 71
Ryan AIP Works When Peat Diet Doesn't, Why? Diet 24
A Modified Mcdougall/Peat Diet Diet Seems To Be Very Efficient For Weight Loss Ask For Help or Advice 18
SolRosenberg Can A Marathon Runner Be On Peat Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 9
Hans Anyone Have Success Building Muscle On A Peat Diet? Exercise 55
mayweatherking Your Biggest 'peat Diet' Mistake? Ask For Help or Advice 101
W I Have Insomnia, Is The Ray Peat Diet For Me? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 21
O A Peat-Inspired Transition Diet? Diet 13
I How To Do The Dr Ray Peat Diet While Traveling/vacation To A Big City? Eating Out, On The Run, Restaurants, Grocery Store 7
L The Milk Diet And Ray Peat Discussing Dietary Models 14
I What Is The Role Of Aspirin And Vitamin E When Eating Dr. Ray Peat Diet? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
I I Am New To Dr. Peat Diet- Afraid To Gain Weight Weight 38
P 30 Years Old Woman - Ray Peat Inspired Diet (Please Advise) Diet 5
CJ_87 Alcoholism. Curable By The Peat Diet? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 4
J Having A Hard Time Understanding The Peat Diet Diet 32
Lee Simeon How Did You Lose Weight On A Ray Peat Diet? Weight 42
encerent 1-year On Ray Peat/Pro-metabolic Diet With Some Bad Results Blood Work, Labs 166
A Ray Peat Diet And Food Sensitivity Diet 3
Pointless STILL INTERESTED IN A RAY PEAT DIET AFTER THIS? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 7