Peat diet and low oestrogen

Violet

I have a friend who is interested in eating Peat, but she's reticent to try it because of the oestrogen lowering aspect of the diet. She has low oestrogen, low progesterone, low cortisol, low DHEA. I told her that Peat's approach is hormonal balance in general, but perhaps someone could give me more info on how Peat's diet would help her?

Thanks!

J

j.

The production of all those things requires good thyroid function, cholesterol, pregnenolone, and vitamin A. The Peat diet aims to provide that.

OP
Violet

Violet

Thanks for replying!

Ironically, out of all her results, her thyroid function is the one thing that's okay!

Mittir

Your friend is most likely in good health with low cortisol, low estrogen and good thyroid function.
It is possible she is already on a healthy diet. Do you know what kind of diet she is on?
RP recommendations keep stress hormones in check by increasing anti stress hormones.
It is about the ratio of estrogen and progesterone, in healthy person
progesterone goes up when estrogen is high to bring the balance.
In unhealthy person estrogen goes unopposed. Low progesterone may mean
lack of sugar in diet. Sugar provides cholesterol, a precursor to progesterone.

OP
Violet

Violet

Mittir said:
Your friend is most likely in good health with low cortisol, low estrogen and good thyroid function.
It is possible she is already on a healthy diet. Do you know what kind of diet she is on?
RP recommendations keep stress hormones in check by increasing anti stress hormones.
It is about the ratio of estrogen and progesterone, in healthy person
progesterone goes up when estrogen is high to bring the balance.
In unhealthy person estrogen goes unopposed. Low progesterone may mean
lack of sugar in diet. Sugar provides cholesterol, a precursor to progesterone.

Thanks for your reply Mittir! She's not in good health, as most of her hormones are rock bottom and she suffers a lot from having no energy. But, the good news is she's decided to switch to Peat and is already feeling better :)