Dr. Robert Young - And Tom Brady- Practicing Very Anti-Peat Diet and Claims To Be Staying Healthy and Young WTF?

yerrag

Came across Dr. Robert Young in a recent Pat Timpone Interview. He says Tom Brady practices his nutritional lifestyle and believes Brady will keep playing on well till his 50's:

Just look at what he eats. Here's a few notable foods that I picked out for its anti-Peatness: cabbage, broccoli, soy nuts (soaked soybeans, then air-dried), pure soy lecithin,butter beans, lima beans, soy beans, navy beans, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, flax oil, grapeseed oil, hemp oil, pH miracle omega 3, 6,9 oil.

And a few notable that is Peaty that he eats- Himalayan Salt, Real Salt, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil

And a few notable for its Peatiness that he does not eat - Coffee, Black Tea, Fruit Juice, Beef, Chicken Eggs, Pork, Shellfish, Cheese, Dairy, Mushroom, Ocean Fish, Butter, Orange

And a few notable for its anti-Peatiness that he does not eat - Artificial Sweeteners, Brown Rice, Wheat, Wholewheat Bread, Black Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Oatmeal, Soybeans, Brazil Nuts, Sunflower Oil

He claims to have a very high success rate with cancer patients as well. He is also very much anti-vaccine and he does not believe in the existence of viruses and is against the germ theory.

He has some far out ideas such as the idea that HCl is just the by-product of salt and water and CO2 producing the main product bicarbonate, which is used in digestion (huh?) and that the ecf pH should be 8.4 and for this reason, our urine pH should optimally be 8.4 (HUH???!!!) These two ideas jars my world tbh. If he's right about this, then I have to erase many things I know and then start all over again. For example, because afaik optimal ecf pH is 7.4, and urine pH does not reach 8.4 unless there are some real issues so this is effing out of this world (Lest I'm misunderstood, I'm not saying optimal urine pH is 7.4).

Still, I'm like how does he get the best NFL QB of all time to follow his nutritional lifestyle and why doesn't Ray Peat have a champion in the sports world?

Sorry, I can't find this video of ORN as I have no effing clue where Pat Timpone's interviews are on a video platform. I thought he said he's on bitchute but I can't find this interview. And Patrick's own website isn't up to date with his recent interviews. I use the Castbox Player android app to listen to ORN.

But anyway, I don't know if you should waste your time on this though, but if you're very, very open-minded go give it a listen.

Last edited:

Comstock

Here's a few notable foods that I picked out for its anti-Peatness: cabbage, broccoli, soy nuts (soaked soybeans, then air-dried), pure soy lecithin,butter beans, lima beans, soy beans, navy beans, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, flax oil, grapeseed oil, hemp oil, pH miracle omega 3, 6,9 oil.

Wow, it certainly isn't an exaggeration to call his diet anti-Peat.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if diet turns out to be a really minor factor in health. My current guess is immediate environment is much more important, but who knows.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Wow, it certainly isn't an exaggeration to call his diet anti-Peat.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if diet turns out to be a really minor factor in health. My current guess is immediate environment is much more important, but who knows.
Or maybe it is a biology of belief. If you believe it is healthful, then your mind will follow. If the mainstream media wanted us all to die by all living to 200 years and in this way the population balloons to 100 billion and then we die like deer that overpopulates because no wolves are around to eat them, then it could do so by telling us there is no such thing as disease and we will all believe that as well.

Last edited:

Comstock

Or maybe it is a biology of belief. If you believe it is healthful, then your mind will follow. If the mainstream media wanted us all to die by all living to 200 years and in this way the population balloons to 100 billion and then we die like deer that overpopulates because no wolves are around to eat them, then it could to do by telling us there is no such thing as disease and we will all believe that as well.

Let me try believing that I'll be healthy forever. Will report back in 100 years

mrchibbs

Or maybe it is a biology of belief. If you believe it is healthful, then your mind will follow. If the mainstream media wanted us all to die by all living to 200 years and in this way the population balloons to 100 billion and then we die like deer that overpopulates because no wolves are around to eat them, then it could do so by telling us there is no such thing as disease and we will all believe that as well.

I think Ray has said multiple times that if someone grows up eating and feeling good on certain foods, something like peanut butter for instance, they'll probably do far better sticking with what they like and what works rather than stressing themselves out to eat a different way.

Tom Brady is a driven and extremely passionate dude who's still doing what he loves in his 40s, and moreover he's enjoying tremendous success. This has an incredibly powerful anabolic and anti-stress effect which I'm sure has a lot more to do with his health than his diet.

He has a loving wife, children, parents, teammates, gets tons of sunshine and probably focuses heavily on sleep quality.

Regarding his diet, I'm willing to bet he sprouts/soaks his seeds/beans and gets the freshest high quality products which have limited rancidity and probably sufficient naturally occuring vitamin E. In these circumstances the effect is probably not truly deleterious.

He's also avoiding all sources of commercial PUFAs from cheap vegetable oils, and that's a big one. Avoiding nightshades is another potential irritant out of the way.

He drinks lots of smoothies with fresh ripe fruits I'm sure...that's very good. He also gets ample electrolytes in magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium and that fixes a lot of problems at a very fundamental level.

When you look at it from this perspective, it's really not bad at all. You could say the beans/seeds are problematic but if they're prepared properly/fresh and not rancid that removes a lot of the most egregious factors. And they do provide a lot of vitamins/minerals and other compounds.

Diet is important, but probably no more so than sunshine, great sleep, passion/purpose, love/companionship etc.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I think Ray has said multiple times that if someone grows up eating and feeling good on certain foods, something like peanut butter for instance, they'll probably do far better sticking with what they like and what works rather than stressing themselves out to eat a different way.

Tom Brady is a driven and extremely passionate dude who's still doing what he loves in his 40s, and moreover he's enjoying tremendous success. This has an incredibly powerful anabolic and anti-stress effect which I'm sure has a lot more to do with his health than his diet.

He has a loving wife, children, parents, teammates, gets tons of sunshine and probably focuses heavily on sleep quality.

Regarding his diet, I'm willing to bet he sprouts/soaks his seeds/beans and gets the freshest high quality products which have limited rancidity and probably sufficient naturally occuring vitamin E. In these circumstances the effect is probably not truly deleterious.

He's also avoiding all sources of commercial PUFAs from cheap vegetable oils, and that's a big one. Avoiding nightshades is another potential irritant out of the way.

He drinks lots of smoothies with fresh ripe fruits I'm sure...that's very good. He also gets ample electrolytes in magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium and that fixes a lot of problems at a very fundamental level.

When you look at it from this perspective, it's really not bad at all. You could say the beans/seeds are problematic but if they're prepared properly/fresh and not rancid that removes a lot of the most egregious factors. And they do provide a lot of vitamins/minerals and other compounds.

Diet is important, but probably no more so than sunshine, great sleep, passion/purpose, love/companionship etc.
I don't know how Brady overcomes some deficiencies such as calcium not drinking milk but maybe he eats a lot of cooked greens but there is no evidence he does that, but even if he does he may still be deficient as there's a limit to the amount of cooked greens you can eat, especially when he eats with his family which includes children that are likely to hate eating cooked greens, and he or Giselle would have to be really stern parents to enforce the eating of cooked greens. He doesn't drink milk and doesn't eat cheese so he's left to eat eggshell powder or bones. The way out of that is to supplement a lot but supplementing calcium is realling bothersome because you can't just take one tablet. So extra effort needed but if he supplements, then that is not really a good lifestyle for someone who can afford to have his food be complete as he can afford a nutritionist/chef to do that for him.

Then on to magnesium - Not seafood really - not farmed, not fish from the ocean. So he's left with wild catch from lakes and rivers. Maybe, but it's possible as he can afford to buy it, but for us normal people it's a bit pricey with that lifestyle, especially living in the city and not where you can flyfish. He can get his magnesium from green leaves, but then this goes back to eating cooked greens. If it's not cooked greens, that leaves the question of whether the magnesium is bound to oxalates and simply gets excreted.

On potassium- he doesn't drink fruit juices and a lot of fruits are verboten. He doesn't eat meat so there goes another significant source of potassium. That leaves him to rely on veggies for potassium. To get that much, he has to juice veggies or else he'll have to eat lots of veggies, which is impractical. But veggie juicing is devoid of sugar mostly, he'll be taking a lot of potassium without accompanying sugar, so this would leave him with a blood sugar low as potassium increase sugar absorption into the tissues but there's not much sugar there to be absorbed. So he'll easily exhaust his glycogen stores and rely on burning fat and converting muscle to sugar with cortisol. So he would be chronically on a stress hormone which also shrinks the thymus, and this would affect his immunity, given that t-lymphocytes mature in the thymus.

And since he would be burning fat, and he takes plenty of PUFAs, he would have to take plenty of vitamin E to keep his tissues from being destroyed by oxidative stress. He would probably be on vitamin E supplementation, but like I said earlier, why supplement this much when you can do without supplementation when you have the money to get the best food and the best nutritional science and the best cook to do it all for you?

You'll notice sugar is bad also for him. So what carb is good? No white rice. No brown rice. No wheat, not even wholewheat. Granted, these are starch. So what's left? Many fruits are bad. White sugar and honey is bad. So then, where is he getting his carbs? Doesn't he need sugar for his energy? Doesn't he have to convert protein to sugar because no one can survive on fat metabolism alone?

So he isn't paleo, he isn't Peaty. So what is he? Keto? Yet he eats sprouted beans and freshwater fish, and perhaps? And his oil is PUFA.

He does get plenty of salt though. But since meat is bad, where does he get his vitamin K2? Where does he get iron? How about his b vitamins? Won't he be lacking in enzymes? Where does he get collagen? He gets a lot of phosphate from beans, but where is the calcium/phosphate balance? How does he make internal glutathione when he is low on glycine and even cysteine?

I don't know.

But I think that the article may be misleading. For example, it gives the impression that Brady doesn't eat meat. But that may not be true. It says Brady doesn't eat meat beef, chicken, and pork. But does he eat duck, geese, lamb, buffalo? It doesn't say that he does or doesn't. So maybe there is a lot this article is not telling us that leads us to think a veggie-like lifestyle is producing an NFL greats like Tom Brady.

Last edited:

PaRa

"Brady’s chef Allen Campbell says that 80 per cent of his diet is green vegetables and the rest of his diet is grass-fed organic steak and wild salmon" from the link

so if he consume some fruits on the side... it's just a paleo low carb

it's really no THAT bad

OP
yerrag

yerrag

"Brady’s chef Allen Campbell says that 80 per cent of his diet is green vegetables and the rest of his diet is grass-fed organic steak and wild salmon" from the link

so if he consume some fruits on the side... it's just a paleo low carb

it's really no THAT bad
Steak and wild salmon-isn't consistent with what Robert Young is saying. The impression Young is giving us is that Brady is closer to a vegetarian. But I believe more in what the chef says, as I can't imagine Brady can be eating a lot of beans. Haven't heard of news of his flatulence either lol

mrchibbs

There are videos of Brady going over his diet and training, pretty sure he mentioned chicken.

Daniil

Hmm, I was also a vegetarian and went on an alkaline diet at one time. I think it was at this moment that I ruined my health. And I'm pretty sure the nuts and fish oil supplements were the problem. I know people, who eat a very acidic diet and are very healthy. If he really eats green vegetables, steaks and salmon, then he does not have a lot of PUFA, a good ratio of omega 3 to 6, good phosphate:calcium. He also avoids many toxins from grains, like gluten. Very Peaty. I also think a lot depends on how the food is prepared.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

The problem I see with the alkaline diet espoused by Robert Young is that he seems to feed on the common and wrong perception that acidic foods are categorically bad, and that alkaline foods are categorically good. This is very simplistic thinking. Isn't meat acidic but why do we eat it? Is everything bad about meat when it provides us with useful amino acids as building blocks for building tissues and enzymes and hormones? And if there is acidic content in this and there's too much of it, don't the lungs and the kidneys work together to regulate acid-base balance? And don't we also eat alkaline foods that provide some balance? And if too much acidity is bad, isn't too much alkalinity bad as well?

He seems like a charlatan to me that rides on the bandwagon of being a virus denier, bunching himself with the likes of Dr. Kaufmann and Dr. Cowan, to put some shine on his credibility. He promotes himself as the author of the "topselling" book on biochemistry, which I don't care to verify if true or not. When he said in the interview with Pat Timpone that our urine has to be at 8.4 to be optimal, I could not believe what he was saying as that easily makes him lose credibility. Is he like some kind of Nicolas Copernicus telling the unwashed masses that the earth revolves around the sun, when everyone believed otherwise? I could not believe Pat Timpone did not even question him on this statement. Pat must have given him the benefit of the doubt just because he agrees with Tom Cowan that viruses do not exist, and let him spout nonsense.

Last edited:

lilsticky

Anyone who says sugar is toxic is an ***hole. Not even jack kruse pulls that logical fallacy crap

Jerkboy

Let's see how he does in 10 years.

I think you can do fine on diets like this, for a while. I ate like this for 3 years or so. Eventually became more and more reclused and health declined. Personality declined. Etcetera.

Maybe if you keep very active on a diet like this you can ride the stress hormones to oblivion. I did for a while. It is not for me. If I die a bit younger, that is alright.

Daniil

By the way, there was a thread somewhere... The bottom line is that humans have enzymes that saturate unsaturated fats. And the activity of these enzymes drops when a person eats a lot of fructose, or a high-glycemic diet(maybe because excess sugars are converted to saturated fat).Therefore, you can eat green vegetables and pufa and be healthy. Or eat sugar and saturated fat and be healthy(which do you like best?). But when you eat PUFA and sugar, you will get sick and die.

Daniil

By the way, peating with a low glycemic index is working very well for me right now. I eat common peaty food such as sugar, beef, coconut oil, coffee, mushrooms. But I'm very low glycemic index. That is, I eat no more than two tablespoons of sugar in one meal. My dandruff is almost gone and my concentration is much better.

Daniil

The problem I see with the alkaline diet espoused by Robert Young is that he seems to feed on the common and wrong perception that acidic foods are categorically bad, and that alkaline foods are categorically bad. This is very simplistic thinking. Isn't meat acidic but why do we eat it? Is everything bad about meat when it provides us with useful amino acids as building blocks for building tissues and enzymes and hormones? And if there is acidic content in this and there's too much of it, doesn't the lungs and the kidneys work together to regulate acidity? And don't we also eat alkaline foods that provide some balance? And if too much acidity is bad, isn't too much alkalinity bad as well?

He seems like a charlatan to me that rides on the bandwagon of being a virus denier, bunching himself with the likes of Dr. Kaufmann and Dr. Cowan, to put some shine on his credibility. He promotes himself as the author of the "topselling" book on biochemistry, which I don't care to verify if true or not. When he said in the interview with Pat Timpone that our urine has to be at 8.4 to be optimal, I could not believe what he was saying as that easily makes him lose credibility. Is he like some kind of Nicolas Copernicus telling the unwashed masses that the earth revolves around the sun, when everyone believed otherwise? I could not believe Pat Timpone did not even question him on this statement. Pat must have given him the benefit of the doubt just because he agrees with Tom Cowan that viruses do not exist, and let him spout nonsense.
As far as I know, too much alkali is bad too. I have known people on an alkaline diet, who say they should sometimes eat meat to get acidic.

Daniil

It is possible that insulin surges due to milk are also problematic. I am now also low in vitamin A, trying to sit on all the chairs. But I don't think the low A worked that fast for me. More precisely, it didn't work until I lowered my carbs.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

By the way, peating with a low glycemic index is working very well for me right now. I eat common peaty food such as sugar, beef, coconut oil, coffee, mushrooms. But I'm very low glycemic index. That is, I eat no more than two tablespoons of sugar in one meal. My dandruff is almost gone and my concentration is much better.
You mean you eat little table sugar?

Peat doesn't like to classify carbs into low or high glycemic index, something which puzzles me, he would do his own classification between starch and non-starch carbs, which is his own way of classifying carbs into bad and good, respectively.

As far as I can tell, starch can be either high or low glycemic. Usually, the starch with fibers are low glycemic. And those without or without much are high. And all non-starch carbs are high glycemic.

Not agreeing with Peat, I think it matters whether carbs are high or low glycemic. As one who has optimal blood sugar regulation (because of optimal sugar metabolism) would do well with both low and high glycemic carbs. But one with poor blood sugar regulation is better off with low-glycemic carbs. The higher the fiber content in the carb, the lower the glycemic index, and the slower the carb is turned into simple sugars, and the more slowly it assimilates into blood, and the longer the bolus of carbs in a meal is exhausted. This helps keep blood sugar from yoyoing from high to low. blood sugar, for people who aren't insulin-deficient.

But gut problems have to be considered, as the more soluble fiber
a starch has, the more likely it feeds gut microbes and increases serotonin, and so a person with gut issues and blood sugar issues is caught between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:

Daniil

You mean you eat little table sugar?

Peat doesn't like to classify carbs into low or high glycemic index, something which puzzles me, he would do his own classification between starch and non-starch carbs, which is his own way of classifying carbs into bad and good, respectively.

As far as I can tell, starch can be either high or low glycemic. Usually, the starch with fibers are low glycemic. And those without or without much are high. And all non-starch carbs are high glycemic.

Not agreeing with Peat, I think it matters whether carbs are high or low glycemic. As one who has optimal blood sugar regulation (because of optimal sugar metabolism) would do well with both low and high glycemic carbs. But one with poor blood sugar regulation is better off with low-glycemic carbs. The higher the fiber content in the carb, the lower the glycemic index, and the slower the carb is turned into simple sugars, and the more slowly it assimilates into blood, and the longer the bolus of carbs in a meal is exhausted. This helps keep blood sugar from yoyoing from high to low. blood sugar, for people who aren't insulin-deficient.

But gut problems have to be considered, as the more soluble a starch has, the more likely it feeds gut microbes and increases serotonin, and so a person with gut issues and blood sugar issues is caught between a rock and a hard place.
A large tablespoon. In Russia, usually a tablespoon is understood as a large tablespoon)

Yes, I prefer to eat sugar, because I definitely have problems with endotoxin. I recently had a bad experience with oat and will no longer eat starch.

Hoodlt

For a "treat" he will occasionally have chocolate avocado ice cream. Imagine being those children growing up on that diet. Yuck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom