Has Anyone Ever Actually Heard Dr Peat Recommend A High Carb Diet?

KTownSatfats

So you just make stuff up and expect people to figure it out? If you had quoted directly as most people do it would prevent misleading statements and confusion.

You do know that eating PUFA does not automatically equal PUFA overload, right? In the Patrick Timpone interview you paraphrased from it was even mentioned that the liver can process small amounts of PUFA. It is impossible to eat a completely PUFA free diet outside of a lab or hospital setting. The body can deal with some.

None of the things we have spoken about include being "optimal" Peat mentioned a low fat diet for the removal of PUFA, he never mentioned that was optimal, he just responded to the question of how you reduce levels of PUFA in the body. I would argue his response to my question is closer to the question of being optimal. Of course there are slight variations from person to person.
Dude! Or Dudette, as the case may be! Dang, what do you have against tallglass? Are you having a bad day, or what? All he did was provide some info he'd found to contribute to the discussion at hand. FYI, that's what we do here. By no means is everything here required to be a quote. And just like anywhere else, that something is not a direct quote does not make it 'made up'. Can't figure out why you're aggressively on the attack, but it's pretty nasty.

KTownSatfats

I don't think I'm very important, hence finding your obsession weird. Just sperg at someone else or keep writing your thesis on Ray Peat's 20 inch schlong, I really do not care so long as I'm not tagged
Yeah you do. Think you're important. I'm pretty sure you're mistaken about that though.

KTownSatfats

There is no need to be so emotional. What have I said that is incorrect? As @snacks said above, it is important to be precise with what we say. If everyone paraphrased to a low accuracy we would not get anywhere. I am merely trying to improve the quality of the information on the forum.

It is also useful to know that the body can naturally detox a small amount of PUFA. Eating some PUFA doesn't = pufa overload straight away.
Your aggressively adversarial tone over basically nothing seems overly emotional to me.
Here's a quote for ya. "It is important to be precise with what we say". Okay, Karen.

Samya

I recall an interview where Ray said 'at least 300 grams' which I think most would consider on the high carb end of the spectrum.

The Keto researcher Volek also said that if you're using carbs for energy around 300 grams would probably be best, rather than an in between state where you're not optimizing fats or carbs for energy.

Ainaga

It's not ideal, but from my understanding lipogenesis is a very insufficient pathway (in humans). From the studies that I've seen cited by Haidut, you would need to consume upwards of 500+ grams of carbohydrate a day just to generate a couple grams of fat. So, in theory, for every 1,000 gram of carbs you would make roughly a teaspoon of fat. And it's saturated, so it wouldn't adversely effect the liver as much as unsaturated fats present in dietary sources of fat.

You would also be bypassing the possible intestinal issues from eating large amounts of dietary fat. Which, I realize is somewhat controversial to certain members here, but from everything I've seen dietary fat increases the chance of endotoxemia. This is irrespective of if it's saturated or unsaturated. In fact most studies I've seen concluded saturated fat is worse at pulling LPS into the bloodstream. Bear in mind most these studies consider lard to be a "saturated" fat, when in reality it's far more monounsaturated.

But even if you're not convinced high saturated fat diets will increase LPS absorption, the fact it lowers CO2 and pushes us closer to that reductive state is enough to prioritize carbohydrate over fat imo.
isn't it taxing precisely because it is so insufficient?
We are overthinking it way too hard and put too much irrational trust in contemporary cartoons of energyproduction.
what would be the correct way to think about energy production that defers from the cartoon of carb vs fat as fuel? in your opinion
I believe he said 100% of energy, not 100% of the diet.

We make small amounts of it depending on our PUFA intake. It's not an on/off switch but more of a gradient. We make more as the PUFA drops. You don't have to be EFAD to make it. They define EFAD as a certain ratio between triene/tetraene but before that ratio is achieved you are still making Mead acid. So I assume many forum members are making it. Also it could vary during the day. You'd probably make less at night when you're not eating and releasing FFA but perhaps more during the day when you're suppressing FFA and eating a lot of carbohydrates.

Fruit is low GI relative to something like white rice. He drinks 1% milk I believe.

Actually I was just looking and skim is listed as a lower GI than full-fat milk. 37 is pretty low GI. Orange juice is 50 and a boiled potato is 78.
that's an interesting point about mead acid production continuing beyond efad. in any case, what do triene and tetraene represent?
mead then is an acid created from oleic acid and other monos in order to counter the effects of glucose metabolism? or is it created in response to pufas? or, how are these two mechanisms related, other than by glucose and pufa being inversely related in terms of energy efficiency?

from the point of view of the aforementioned fat vs glucose energy metabolism debate, the Cantonese diet, rich in pufa and high in rice consumption (and wheat, sugar, beans, roots, fruits, etc.), lean meats and white fish, no butter or coconut oil, some fatty cuts, and plenty of medicinal herb soups to support detox, added the modern practice of drinking milk, does it seem to you reasonable?
Indeed, an other striking example of synchronicity
Think the context is makes us confused and this is what peat really means.
Healthy people vs not healthy..
why exactly does limiting fat intake to below 20% support thyroid synthesis and conversion?

why exactly does limiting fat intake to below 20% support thyroid synthesis and conversion? because kickstarting it is achieved better with carbs, but then the organism can ease into higher fat? why would it want to? what would you then be getting from higher fat, more nutrition in the form of fat soluble vitamins? or just more enjoyment? less tear?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals