K2/Kuinone/ Aromatase and HAIR LOSS

sun-maid

Charger

I think Danny said growing hair via prostaglandin was a "bad way" to regrow hair. Something like hair growth from nitric oxide (prostaglandin) vs CO2 (good thyroid, progesterone, etc..)

The point is that PGE2 is associated with aromatase activity, lowering it is going to be bad for hair unless you believe that estrogen is bad for hair which is something only people on this forum believe.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

How much are we talking? And ... why so much/often?
monday 6mg, tuesday 2mg, wed 6mg, thurs 2mg, friday 6mg.....when i take aspirin on a sunday in high doses may end up taking k2 at 6mg....did this for about 1month and a half to 2 months...beginning to think it might not be k2 though, not sure

sun-maid

The point is that PGE2 is associated with aromatase activity, lowering it is going to be bad for hair unless you believe that estrogen is bad for hair which is something only people on this forum believe.

Yeah well in the second study you linked, they say this article: " Roenigk H H, Jr. New topical agents for hair growth. Clin Dermatol 1988: 6: 119–121 " found that PGE2 was good for hair and since estrogen increase PGE2 then Estrogen promotes hair growth (according to the study). However, I cant seems to find the full text of the second study. Also, their is some study showing PGE2 is associated with cancer and anagen growth.

So maybe your gonna get some regrowth, but you increase your risk for other thing. Maybe people who get hairloss from K2 have a bad metabolism or maybe they need to lower the dose. I dont know..

Charger

Yeah well in the second study you linked, they say this article: " Roenigk H H, Jr. New topical agents for hair growth. Clin Dermatol 1988: 6: 119–121 " found that PGE2 was good for hair and since estrogen increase PGE2 then Estrogen promotes hair growth (according to the study). However, I cant seems to find the full text of the second study. Also, their is some study showing PGE2 is associated with cancer and anagen growth.

So maybe your gonna get some regrowth, but you increase your risk for other thing. Maybe people who get hairloss from K2 have a bad metabolism or maybe they need to lower the dose. I dont know..

I never implied estrogen is good for everything, we're discussing hair here.

monday 6mg, tuesday 2mg, wed 6mg, thurs 2mg, friday 6mg.....when i take aspirin on a sunday in high doses may end up taking k2 at 6mg....did this for about 1month and a half to 2 months...beginning to think it might not be k2 though, not sure

Likely the K2, I've only been on 2mg a day myself.

baccheion

Are you also taking vitamin D3? Iodine? Magnesium? Getting enough salt? Calcium? K2 needs more calcium (and therefore salt?) IIRC.

The young ones on lookism forums that blasted megadoses (1 mg/kg split across 3 servings; some doing 90-150 mg) did it with 1 gallon milk and 10,000 IU vitamin D3.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Are you also taking vitamin D3? Iodine? Magnesium? Getting enough salt? Calcium? K2 needs more calcium (and therefore salt?) IIRC.

The young ones on lookism forums that blasted megadoses (1 mg/kg split across 3 servings; some doing 90-150 mg) did it with 1 gallon milk and 10,000 IU vitamin D3.
I was taking mag glycinate, 10,000 IU D3, 10,000 IU VITAMIN E, 400 IU VITAMIN E, 150MCG IODINE, 100MG B1, 100-300MG NIACINAMIDE, VERY LOW CALCIUM INTAKE MAX WAS BELOW 1G, ALSO TOOK GONADIN AND TONGKAT ALI, HAD ENOUGH SALT

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

My new theory is that I didn't lose any hair as I didn't actually see any hair fall at any time, but washing hair too frequently (I have freeform dreadlocks) results in follicle miniturization and shrinkage, not hair loss, but that's just a theory, since my hair miniturization actually started happening the day after i washed my hair at one point idk atm im puzzled

baccheion

I was taking mag glycinate, 10,000 IU D3, 10,000 IU VITAMIN E, 400 IU VITAMIN E, 150MCG IODINE, 100MG B1, 100-300MG NIACINAMIDE, VERY LOW CALCIUM INTAKE MAX WAS BELOW 1G, ALSO TOOK GONADIN AND TONGKAT ALI, HAD ENOUGH SALT
Why so low on calcium? How much phosphorus?

Cymatic

Well yeah. If you feel like it's doing a lot of damage, then drop it. But then you will probably feel worse.

I usually have to discontinue things that are making me feel great because of my hair. It's like...if I feel godawful, my hair loss is usually slow. The moment that I am full of energy and feel really androgenic and great... horrible hair loss.

I'm 29 now and been dealing with this crap since 20 or so, it always seems to be health OR hair. If it's good for your hair it's damaging you in some way and vice versa. It's a ******* joke.
Yep, feel the same. Whenever I’m full of health and energy, I start to feel tingling and then my hair sheds

Hans

Forum Supporter
Used to have extremely thick hair around 1 month ago, I have seen rapid decreasing. Think it might be k2 since I take alot daily. Apparently the fact that it inhibits aromatase is the reason why it effects hair. Is aromatse necessary for hair then. I am going to drop k2. HOW LONG do you think it will take until my hair comes back after stopping k2. I will also drop d3, taurine, glycine, vitamin e, vitamin a, gonadin and tongkat ali since they can effect aromatase.
How much K2 are you using and where are you applying it?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Scotal and oral
How much did you apply? I've seen blood work where scrotal vitamin K2 skyrocketed testosterone, but also estrogen (due to free T being very high), so I'd have a look at estradiol and prolactin. K2 is an aromatase inhibitor, but rather mild if free T is super high.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

How much did you apply? I've seen blood work where scrotal vitamin K2 skyrocketed testosterone, but also estrogen (due to free T being very high), so I'd have a look at estradiol and prolactin. K2 is an aromatase inhibitor, but rather mild if free T is super high.
k2 is the most androgenic supp ive ever taken, its also very anabolic too, masculinity in a bottle, what do you think about its propensity to cause hair loss though

Hans

Forum Supporter
k2 is the most androgenic supp ive ever taken, its also very anabolic too, masculinity in a bottle, what do you think about its propensity to cause hair loss though
Its ability to increase free T and estradiol a lot would be my guess.

serling78

Maybe people who get hairloss from K2 have a bad metabolism or maybe they need to lower the dose. I dont know..

The metabolism theory seems on point to me. I've had slow transit/bloating/constipation issues for a while and kuinone makes it worse in addition to increasing hair loss. Kuinone is positive for my libido though.

I haven't been able to find any solid evidence of kuinone causing digestion issues but it definitely does for me. Although a lot of things do for me.

In general it seems like anything that helps libido hurts my digestion (maca, k2, ecklonia cava, etc) and the reverse as well. No idea what the correlation may be but it's beyond frustrating. Standard thinking seems to be that better digestion would equal better libido but I've never found that to be true for me.

JamesGatz

I am at a LOSS because K2 helps me A LOT with processing calcium for me -

K2 only works for me if I get it from eggs and bacon (smaller dosage maybe?) which is a pain in my you-know-what because of PUFA and the like I have to deal with

Eating potatoes or taking Kuinone (even if I microdose) or any K2 supplement for that matter is asking for trouble

- first 10 minutes of consumption = reduced serotonin, very relaxed and feel like my IQ drops 20 points (maybe reduced 5AR activity?) , but reduced sensitivity all around my body for sure, I feel like Connor Mcgregor could give me his best shot and I would take it like a champ because I feel next to nothing - like if everything is blunted

After about 30 minutes I always get some sort of strong histamine reaction - triggering anxiety so I'm assuming it's doing something with my histamine and serotonin - even if I take it with coffee and a meal or Coke (my go-to's to keep things moving smooth) to get rid of the reaction it helps but the reaction is strong and lingers - ruins me for the rest of the day. Feels like I just cannot WIN everything with diet, but that's ok - part of the never-ending cycle of experimentation I guess

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals