1 month post Covid and I’m developing hair loss. Help.

Peatful

Hi guys,

6 weeks ago, I’ve experienced pretty similar symptoms as above - omicron-like (though not tested, just a guess) illness - 4 days of 37.5-38.5 C fever, shallow ‘itchy’ cough, pain in the bones and somehow on the skin …
7-10 days later I’m pretty much back to normal, except some excessive hair shedding in the shower, also some (subjective) more visible scalp through the hair.

How do you guys distinguish between telogen effluvium (lesser of the two evils), and the initial signs of MPB?

I’m male, 41, pretty good hair until now (pray to god I’m actually delusional about this hair issue), although I’ve had some dandruff in the past few months (treated on-and-off with ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral)).

Thanks!
TE is diffuse.
TE is excessive.
Also- it “usually” has a white bulb on the end where the follicle was interrupted and then pushed out by the new growth.

Z

Zsazsa

ETA

Z

Zsazsa

I know there is a stody concluding that vitamin D is the best treatment for that, but couldn't find it right now

revenant

Hi guys,

6 weeks ago, I’ve experienced pretty similar symptoms as above - omicron-like (though not tested, just a guess) illness - 4 days of 37.5-38.5 C fever, shallow ‘itchy’ cough, pain in the bones and somehow on the skin …
7-10 days later I’m pretty much back to normal, except some excessive hair shedding in the shower, also some (subjective) more visible scalp through the hair.

How do you guys distinguish between telogen effluvium (lesser of the two evils), and the initial signs of MPB?

I’m male, 41, pretty good hair until now (pray to god I’m actually delusional about this hair issue), although I’ve had some dandruff in the past few months (treated on-and-off with ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral)).

Thanks!

Hair loss from TE doesn't start immediately after the fever, it takes at least a month to kick in. For me it started around 2 months after and lasted for a few months. Also I'm not sure 37.5-38.5 is high enough to shock the system that badly; otherwise people would be losing their hair from influenza all the time.

ww3not4me

I feel your pain. I had lost 79lbs. and had reversed my diabetes and was feeling good about life then I got Covid-19 are end of Feb. beginning of March 2020.

Thought I was going to die. Doctors were literally no help "Sorry it's viral come back if you turn blue!". My diabetes has been out of control since then and I gained all the weight back and had long Covid-19 for about a year I was short of breath, tired, and lifeless. I went from walking 10 miles a day and lifting weight 3-4 days a week to barley being able to do chores around my house!

I had vaccination with Pfizer hoping it would help with long Covid-19 symptoms and my body feeling and acting like someone's body other than mine but it did not help. I went from feeling young and strong to really feeling rather brittle and frail comparatively.

I have been taking a ton of supplements all the ones Ray Peat recommends and then some! I have done all the protocols and while Ivermectin helped a bit as did other things nothing seemed to be a real solution.

I caught had Omicron symptoms of Feb. 3 after attending to my father in law when he passed and then his funeral and wake so I know exactly when I and were I caught it. About 10 people that I know of also caught it at the same time. Something about catching it again seemed to help my body a lot.

A lot of people find relief with Black Seed Oil, Vitamin D3 and all the other stuff Ray Peat recommends. Ivermectin produced the most noticeable improvements for me but it is not sustainable you can not take it all the time it has never been studied or used that way medically.

I would be willing to bet that something not right with liver, pancreases, adrenals or HPTA. We know that it causes system inflammation in the body. I would imagine that treating it as an oxidative issue and auto immune issue would be the best way to approach it.

Have you had comprehensive blood work or 24hr urine and such done?

Blue Water

My girlfriend had clumps of hair falling out after Covid but it has returned after like seven months or so.

kaybb

Hair loss after Covid is very very common. I have gone through it after Covid and running a very high fever. People in the hair industry are seeing it constantly. Mine has finally slowed down. I’m taking a lot of supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals