Question: does natural progesterone use in males suppress gonadal (testicular) and / or adrenal production? (Plus, yet another hair loss thread)

Explorer

My thinking is that negative hormonal profiles associated with pattern hair loss are:

1) elevated estrogen / estradiol -> Solution: general health and dietary improvements, plus avoiding plastics / detergents and endocrine disruptors, progesterone use.
2) elevated serotonin -> Solution: promote gut health (avoid food sensitivities) and possibly some cypro use etc.
3) elevated prolactin -> Solution: possibly lisuride, and semen retention**
4) elevated cortisol / adrenalin -> Solution: lifestyle improvements / stress management, carbohydrate intake
5) elevated parathyroid hormone -> Solution: Ca:P Ratio - Calcium supplementation and sensibly reducing muscle meat intake to limit phosphorus

** In short, male orgasm is associated with elevations in prolactin shortly afterwards. These prolactin levels are supposed to return to base-line within a few hours to one day. However, if the male is constantly "spilling his seed" on a daily basis, then it is likely that prolactin will remain elevated above the natural baseline indefinitely - or at least, be constantly spiking. This may be especially true with masturbation - which *apparently* has slightly worse impacts on hormonal profiles compared to sex with a partner, due to the absence of bonding hormones that are released w. a partner.

In addition to hair loss, high prolactin has been associated with a number of other conditions such as gynecomastia, low energy, low mood etc.

Whether this strategy will help or not, I cannot say. But I think that quitting masturbation and viewing sex as an activity to produce children, rather than just for physical pleasure, may be beneficial for me in general.
Good health and metabolism makes this prolactin spike practically insignificant - drink more milk, take Vitamins ADEK to boost calcium metabolism which will boost dopamine and lower prolactin, abstinence can be a stressor too just like too much ejaculating especially if you feel horny and get erections and feel like indulging but keep denying it

OP
BigShoes

BigShoes

Quick Update:

- Hair fall appears to have slowed significantly - not sure what's really caused it though (this is the problem with "Kitchen Sink" approaches).

- Currently have relatively low libido - not sure if due to the progesterone use - but I am also under-sleeping / over-training / tired all the time, so this could be the main reason. Testosterone was around 650 - 700 the last time I measured, but this was c. 6 months ago.

- Crown doesn't appear to have filled in much, but some may argue that there is very little thinning anyway (see pics in OP).

- I will continue the current regimen (my Peat-y diet, Oral ADEK, Oral B Complex (the vitamins - not the toothpaste), Oral Calcium + Magnesium + Copper, Topical K2 & Progesterone, trying semen retention as best as I can).

- I have also been experimenting with Lisuride topically on nipples, in an attempt to reduce some very mild gyno / puffiness - hasn't worked, but may be contributing to the lowering of libido / tiredness??

- Also going to experiment with Nettle Root in an attempt to reduce some very slight greying I have observed in the past two years (@Rinse & rePeat 's recommendation - I really hope this is an easy fix ).

- Also going to really increase the massage and red light to reduce any fibrosis / calcification from the outside too - I haven't done much of this, honestly.

- From what I can tell (and from what many others have said), "male pattern" baldness is a fibrosis + calcification issue, that is exacerbated by hormonal dis-regulation. I am viewing Estrogen, Serotonin, Cortisol, Adrenalin, Prolactin, PTH as "bad" (to be reduced), and Dopamine, Testosterone as "good" (to be increased), but I do not fully understand the mechanism of how this affects the fibrosis and calcification.

- I am still doing my best to up-regulate metabolism & circulation through general Peat principles & diet - but I still frequently experience cold hands and feet. Could be caused by: stressful job (which I try my best to mitigate / control), too much cold food bringing down core temps (I drink chilled OJ / Cola, cold raw meat etc. straight from the fridge), large meals (I believe that heavy digestion pulls blood towards the digestive system and away from the extremities). I'd love to solve this one.

I hope this is somewhat interesting, I know there are many threads around this topic. Any input you could give would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

OP
BigShoes

BigShoes

Update 1.jpg

Photographic Evidence taken today - Pre-Washing (sorry) & Pre-Styling. Notes:
- Thinning around the crown still remains. Whilst there is technically a reasonable level of coverage (not a complete disaster), you can definitely tell that there is not much hair or volume when playing around with the parting. If my hair stayed like this forever, then it wouldn't be such a bad thing. But, as we all know, things degenerate...
- You can also see how much more hair there is at the back of the head compared to the crown.
- You may spot the occasional grey hair (especially alongside the right ear) - I am hoping the aforementioned nettle root will help with this.

This is only c. 12 weeks from the OP, so I wouldn't necessarily expect a miracle in this timeframe. But I don't see any real improvements apart from the aforementioned reduced hair fall, which may or may not be a result of the protocol. I'll keep going and see what happens, since things do not appear to be accelerating / getting worse.

Cheers.

johnwester130

View attachment 35133
Photographic Evidence taken today - Pre-Washing (sorry) & Pre-Styling. Notes:
- Thinning around the crown still remains. Whilst there is technically a reasonable level of coverage (not a complete disaster), you can definitely tell that there is not much hair or volume when playing around with the parting. If my hair stayed like this forever, then it wouldn't be such a bad thing. But, as we all know, things degenerate...
- You can also see how much more hair there is at the back of the head compared to the crown.
- You may spot the occasional grey hair (especially alongside the right ear) - I am hoping the aforementioned nettle root will help with this.

This is only c. 12 weeks from the OP, so I wouldn't necessarily expect a miracle in this timeframe. But I don't see any real improvements apart from the aforementioned reduced hair fall, which may or may not be a result of the protocol. I'll keep going and see what happens, since things do not appear to be accelerating / getting worse.

Cheers.

if your carotid artery is blocked - you would need pauling therapy to unblock it

OP
BigShoes

BigShoes

if your carotid artery is blocked - you would need pauling therapy to unblock it

I will look into Linus Pauling more - I was unaware of this. Funnily enough, I have just revisited the forum for the first time in a while because my hair fall has increased substantially in the past fortnight - no idea why. Very scared / worried - awful way to live.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals