OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Just curious where all that proposedly „toxic copper“ comes from.

„However, if the US RDA were raised to meet minimum European Union guidelines of 1300 μg/d, ∼70% of Americans would fail to meet the RDA for copper (according to NHANES 2012 data). Establishing copper RDAs is also complicated by the fact that accurately assessing copper intakes is quite challenging.“
Nutrition Information Brief—Copper

Also copper supplementation up to 10mg/d does not even change copper status much at all.
Lack of effects of copper gluconate supplementation - PubMed

„The seven subjects receiving copper gluconate (10mg/d for 12 weeks) had no change in the level of copper in the serum, urine, or hair. There was also no change in the levels of zinc or magnesium. There was also no significant change in levels of hematocrit, triglyceride, SGOT, GGT, LDH, cholesterol, or alkaline phosphatase.“
"The excretion of copper occurs primarily through the bile, placing much of the burden upon the liver, although detectable copper is present in the urine " Seems your tissues including your brain will fill up with copper and you may not even see it in your blood work until the situation is intense.

"Massie and Aiello (44) found that increased ingestion of copper in the form of gluconate reduced the survival time as much as 14.4% in male rats. Copper, thus may play an integral role in the degenerative processes of aging."

"Additional research by Horwitt and his coworkers (53) revealed the rise in Ceruloplasmin and blood pressure exhibited by oral contraceptive users is directly related to the potency of the estrogen contained in the contraceptive."

So an increase of ceruloplasmin probably means estrogen excess.

"Previously, schizophrenic patients had been shown to present an unusually high copper burden. Results revealed that chronic schizophrenics have a high incidence of type A blood. It appears that those individuals with blood type A have a difficult time eliminating copper and require prolonged therapy to ameliorate their psychosis."

I believe I am type A. :(

Lollipop2

"The excretion of copper occurs primarily through the bile, placing much of the burden upon the liver, although detectable copper is present in the urine " Seems your tissues including your brain will fill up with copper and you may not even see it in your blood work until the situation is intense.

"Massie and Aiello (44) found that increased ingestion of copper in the form of gluconate reduced the survival time as much as 14.4% in male rats. Copper, thus may play an integral role in the degenerative processes of aging."

"Additional research by Horwitt and his coworkers (53) revealed the rise in Ceruloplasmin and blood pressure exhibited by oral contraceptive users is directly related to the potency of the estrogen contained in the contraceptive."

So an increase of ceruloplasmin probably means estrogen excess.

"Previously, schizophrenic patients had been shown to present an unusually high copper burden. Results revealed that chronic schizophrenics have a high incidence of type A blood. It appears that those individuals with blood type A have a difficult time eliminating copper and require prolonged therapy to ameliorate their psychosis."

I believe I am type A. :(
I am also Type A. So what is the solution? Balance out zinc and copper foods?

youngsinatra

Impaired bile flow (cholestasis), aswell as certain genetic disorders such as Wilson’s disease are definitely the most dangerous things in regards to copper homeostasis, in my opinion.

I think in otherwise normal healthy people, copper balance is usually maintained by the auto-regulation of absorption rate and increased biliary excretion.
If one has problems with either one, then copper definitely accumulates and can cause issues, so I am not saying that copper cannot possibly be harmful. Depends on the context, as always. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals