K2/Kuinone/ Aromatase and HAIR LOSS

AndrogenicJB

Used to have extremely thick hair around 1 month ago, I have seen rapid decreasing. Think it might be k2 since I take alot daily. Apparently the fact that it inhibits aromatase is the reason why it effects hair. Is aromatse necessary for hair then. I am going to drop k2. HOW LONG do you think it will take until my hair comes back after stopping k2. I will also drop d3, taurine, glycine, vitamin e, vitamin a, gonadin and tongkat ali since they can effect aromatase.

Aromatase is necessary in small amounts for hair, normally.. The problem is that it mildly offsets the horrible androgen imbalance in balding follicles and as such when you inhibit it without addressing the androgen issue everything just gets that much worse.

Men who don't have MPB can typically run steroids and AI's with no hair loss, because the steroid cascade works properly in their HF's and they synthesize endogenous antiandrogens which balance out the androgens.

I don't know how much longer we can go on saying that all these supplements are great for hair when we see ALL of the time in people with actual MPB a worsening of hair loss.

If you've actually receded notably there is no guarantee it will come back. Diffusing might.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Aromatase is necessary in small amounts for hair, normally.. The problem is that it mildly offsets the horrible androgen imbalance in balding follicles and as such when you inhibit it without addressing the androgen issue everything just gets that much worse.

Men who don't have MPB can typically run steroids and AI's with no hair loss, because the steroid cascade works properly in their HF's and they synthesize endogenous antiandrogens which balance out the androgens.

I don't know how much longer we can go on saying that all these supplements are great for hair when we see ALL of the time in people with actual MPB a worsening of hair loss.

If you've actually receded notably there is no guarantee it will come back. Diffusing might.
I haven't receded it all, just lost volume in my hair, still have decent volume but not near what it used to be, hairline is still great. I think taking these vitamins/minerals/supplements in high doses just isn't worth it anymore. You are messing around with stuff you don't know the consequences of. You're taking things in super high doses not found in food which can upset the balance of the body. One thing I will say is that K2 is extremely anabolic for gaining muscle.
Since my hair has reversed, how long after stopping k2 do you think I can gain back volume, I am 17 and b4 k2 was able to grow extremly dense hair

I haven't receded it all, just lost volume in my hair, still have decent volume but not near what it used to be, hairline is still great. I think taking these vitamins/minerals/supplements in high doses just isn't worth it anymore. You are messing around with stuff you don't know the consequences of. You're taking things in super high doses not found in food which can upset the balance of the body. One thing I will say is that K2 is extremely anabolic for gaining muscle.
Since my hair has reversed, how long after stopping k2 do you think I can gain back volume, I am 17 and b4 k2 was able to grow extremly dense hair

How much were you taking? Maybe find a supplement that has like 100-200 mcg (0.1 - 0.2 MG) of K2 MK4 and try that.

It might take a few months I'd say.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

How much were you taking? Maybe find a supplement that has like 100-200 mcg (0.1 - 0.2 MG) of K2 MK4 and try that.

I was on it for a month, max 8mg a day, not every day but most days of the week, would that possibly reduce the time

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Sometimes I would only take 2mg a day, I would only take more on workout days, do you think I should drop all pro-androgen supps or just the k2. Im thinking of after taking a break from the k2, taking it once a week with one drop . What do you think about that

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Sometimes I would only take 2mg a day, I would only take more on workout days, do you think I should drop all pro-androgen supps or just the k2. Im thinking of after taking a break from the k2, taking it once a week with one drop . What do you think about that
which would also include niacinamide/b1/magnesium/iodine not just ones mentioned above

Well yeah. If you feel like it's doing a lot of damage, then drop it. But then you will probably feel worse.

I usually have to discontinue things that are making me feel great because of my hair. It's like...if I feel godawful, my hair loss is usually slow. The moment that I am full of energy and feel really androgenic and great... horrible hair loss.

I'm 29 now and been dealing with this crap since 20 or so, it always seems to be health OR hair. If it's good for your hair it's damaging you in some way and vice versa. It's a ******* joke.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Well yeah. If you feel like it's doing a lot of damage, then drop it. But then you will probably feel worse.

I usually have to discontinue things that are making me feel great because of my hair. It's like...if I feel godawful, my hair loss is usually slow. The moment that I am full of energy and feel really androgenic and great... horrible hair loss.

I'm 29 now and been dealing with this crap since 20 or so, it always seems to be health OR hair. If it's good for your hair it's damaging you in some way and vice versa. It's a ******* joke.
Haha yeah I understand where your coming from, I think if I do take anything it will be sporadic and low dose at least once a week. I think since I was only on k2 for a month-2 months I should be fine to regrow. I think the solution is to have a pro-androgen diet instead of using supps. Moderate saturatef fat, moderate protein especially coming from organ meats, high carbs coming from fruit and potatoes. The classical peat diet just minmizing supps

johnysummer

Do you have other symptoms of decreased aromatization ? Are you leaner, harder etc. Just because K2 should decrease aromatization doesnt mean it does because other factors come in place also. Is your face leaner during this time you saw a decrease in hair density ?

sun-maid

Its so hard to say since any change in hair would take months to be properly observe. If you start taking something, I would give it a least 8 weeks (maybe even more like 3 months) to really determine if its good or not. I think a change in hair texture or feel is quicker to appear then any change in thickness. High dose K2 dont seems to help my hair also tho, I feel like vitamin E is better

Charger

Do you have other symptoms of decreased aromatization ? Are you leaner, harder etc. Just because K2 should decrease aromatization doesnt mean it does because other factors come in place also. Is your face leaner during this time you saw a decrease in hair density ?

K2 is definitely anti-estrogenic, I'm currently running it again, and as usual, I look and feel more androgenic yet my hair becomes noticeably thinner and frizzy.

Beard also looks thicker.

I think a change in hair texture or feel is quicker to appear then any change in thickness.

This is what people mostly mean. Obviously major regrowth and deminiaturization doesn't happen for a few months... but something DOES change about hair in the span of a day or two when you take certain substances. Something about the feel and behaviour of the hair. Could have to do with the electrical charge, or something about the tissue around the dermal papilla expanding and allowing more bloodflow to reach the follicle which then reflects on the tactile characteristics of the hair shaft itself.

I also noticed that hairs on the very corner of the hairline, particularly the front, when they are taking damage they tend to fall over like a snowglobe and lose unison with the healthier hairs around them, as if growing in separate directions.

You might also notice hairs which at some point along the hair shaft have a very sharp bend to them at almost a right angle, this is generally damage caused by fibrosis and TGF-beta, looks something like this:

1622917702653.png

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Started taking K2 when the gyms reopened. At that point I had never eaten over 2500 calories without fat gain, was decently lean, took k2 started bulking, now eat around 3500 calories, physique is still lean, not as lean as before but very close, face isn't lean though. Thing is I never noticed any hair fall off my head anywhere. All I noticed was a dramatic decrease in volume and size. I think the follicle's maybe shrinked. I spoke to my barber and they said that it is probably because I wash too frequently. Might not be the k2 don't know

johnysummer

K2 is definitely anti-estrogenic, I'm currently running it again, and as usual, I look and feel more androgenic yet my hair becomes noticeably thinner and frizzy.

Something else is causing your hair condition. Square and lean face equals higher metabolic activity and adrogens and also better hair. At least this is the case for me. Also, sometimes increased adrogenic appearence is due to stress response. Maybe your adrenals are hyperactive. Have you checked inflamatory markers ?

Charger

Something else is causing your hair condition. Square and lean face equals higher metabolic activity and adrogens and also better hair. At least this is the case for me. Also, sometimes increased adrogenic appearence is due to stress response. Maybe your adrenals are hyperactive. Have you checked inflamatory markers ?

I know what a stressed state feels like, I'm completely opposite of stressed. I keep dopamine high, serotonin/cortisol low, etc.

I've posted my bloodwork here before.

Ben.

Think it might be k2 since I take alot daily. Apparently the fact that it inhibits aromatase is the reason why it effects hair.

How much are we talking? And ... why so much/often?

sun-maid

I agree, maybe the K2 cause hypoglycemia. Increasing the adrenal output. Do you take your K2 with a meal. I usually take it after a big fatty meal since its a fat soluble vitamin.

sun-maid

Same experience here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals