Supplements to prevent gynecomastia?

faxmulder

Hi guys,

I'm male 35 and lately I've been dealing with some low T/thyroid symptoms, such as low body temperature (chilling hands), anxiety, overthinking, worrying and brain fog.
Last year I took bloodworks and they showed low vit D and low LH, so I've started vitamin D and magnesium. I'm going to retake exams them in March and see if the levels improved.

In the meantime, considering my issues, I'm thinking about doing a trial with one among: tongkat ali, shilajit, ashwagandha, cordyceps. If I've understood well, they could help in boosting testosterone, thyroid and LH.

However, I've seen that in some cases the increase in testosterone could lead to an increase in estrogen via aromatase, thus potentially causing gynecomastia.

According to your opinion, which supplements could be useful in preventing gynecomastia?
I was thinking about the following stack, alongside vit D and magnesium: vit E, vit K (MK-4), glycine, Co-Q10, lysine, agmatine, niacinamide (or a B complex) and maybe boron (cycled). Do I have to add, or drop, anything?

I'm considering also brewer's yeast, since it seems to be a natural source of B vitamins and uridine - do you have any experience with it?

Thanks a lot!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi guys,

I'm male 35 and lately I've been dealing with some low T/thyroid symptoms, such as low body temperature (chilling hands), anxiety, overthinking, worrying and brain fog.
Last year I took bloodworks and they showed low vit D and low LH, so I've started vitamin D and magnesium. I'm going to retake exams them in March and see if the levels improved.

In the meantime, considering my issues, I'm thinking about doing a trial with one among: tongkat ali, shilajit, ashwagandha, cordyceps. If I've understood well, they could help in boosting testosterone, thyroid and LH.

However, I've seen that in some cases the increase in testosterone could lead to an increase in estrogen via aromatase, thus potentially causing gynecomastia.

According to your opinion, which supplements could be useful in preventing gynecomastia?
I was thinking about the following stack, alongside vit D and magnesium: vit E, vit K (MK-4), glycine, Co-Q10, lysine, agmatine, niacinamide (or a B complex) and maybe boron (cycled). Do I have to add, or drop, anything?

I'm considering also brewer's yeast, since it seems to be a natural source of B vitamins and uridine - do you have any experience with it?

Thanks a lot!
So you just want to prevent gyno and you don't currently have it?
Tongkat ali is an aromatase inhibitor. Shilajit and cordyceps are pro-dopamine and can help to keep prolactin low.
Vit D is also anti-estrogenic so I think you should fine without adding anything else.

schultz

Aspirin, Orange Juice, Carrot Salad, Thyroid and Progesterone.

OP
F

faxmulder

So you just want to prevent gyno and you don't currently have it?
Tongkat ali is an aromatase inhibitor. Shilajit and cordyceps are pro-dopamine and can help to keep prolactin low.
Vit D is also anti-estrogenic so I think you should fine without adding anything else.
Thanks man, yeah I don't have gyno. So I'll take the stack I've assembled and add tongkat ali + shilajit and/or cordyceps.

Since I have some worrying, overthinking and OCD-like symptoms, and high histamine (I have hay fever and a TH2-dominant autoimmune disease), I'm wondering if the root cause of my issues could be undermethylation. Do you think that supplementing with TMG could help? It is best to take it together with a B complex?

I was thinking about trying ashwagandha since it seems to be helpful for anxiety (without lowering testosterone), but I know that it is cholinergic and I've seen some bad reviews about loss of motivation or anhedonia after extended usage.

OP
F

faxmulder

...and B Vitamins
thanks man. Yeah I'm suspecting I have low thyroid since lately I'm having cold hands, dry skin and brain fog.

Which is the best way to raise thyroid without medications? I was thinking about trying ashwagandha but I've seen that according to this forum it's not so good.

schultz

thanks man. Yeah I'm suspecting I have low thyroid since lately I'm having cold hands, dry skin and brain fog.

Which is the best way to raise thyroid without medications? I was thinking about trying ashwagandha but I've seen that according to this forum it's not so good.

Focusing on PUFA restriction would be important as PUFA blocks thyroid in several ways.

I don't know anything about ashwagandha so I can't help you there.

ilhanxx

letrozole is most effective(if you have gyno). If you take one or two low dose per week, it has no cumulative effect. supplements or herbs just a waste of time.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals