Best treatment for my hair loss

Jonnie

Just 3 days have passed since taking 20mg of oral (sublingual) progesterone (Haidut's progestene), I don't notice any particular changes in my body, maybe I wake up a little more rested, but nothing more. Libido remained as before, hair loss the same. Surely it will still be early to see results, but so far zero sensation and I thought that progesterone could have an impact right away.
Hmm I definitely felt more calm with as little as 5mg of progest-E.

As for the hairloss, I think it takes a lot of time to fix and could take even a few months to correct itself.
But at some point the shedding should stop.

I think hairloss is as much a broad matter as it is a complicated matter.

Really the main goals in my opinion are increasing nourishment and decreasing stress to the point the metabolism can restore itself:

- Increase nourishment; nutrients, sunlight, sleep, good people etc.
- Reduce stressors; infections, lack of nutrients, bad environment, bad people, too much work load, bad habits etc.

So progesterone could definitely help with this but it’s just one of the many things needed to restore your metabolism if you see where I’m getting at.

OP
Cfgalak

Cfgalak

Hmm I definitely felt more calm with as little as 5mg of progest-E.

As for the hairloss, I think it takes a lot of time to fix and could take even a few months to correct itself.
But at some point the shedding should stop.

I think hairloss is as much a broad matter as it is a complicated matter.

Really the main goals in my opinion are increasing nourishment and decreasing stress to the point the metabolism can restore itself:

- Increase nourishment; nutrients, sunlight, sleep, good people etc.
- Reduce stressors; infections, lack of nutrients, bad environment, bad people, too much work load, bad habits etc.

So progesterone could definitely help with this but it’s just one of the many things needed to restore your metabolism if you see where I’m getting at.
Sure, I understand.

I will continue, it is still early to see results, almost a week, I have not seen any changes.

I would like to understand if the dose is okay (10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening) and if the mode of administration is okay (sublingual). I use Haidut's progestogen and on the thread I have read about many people taking it sublingually.

FitnessMike

ok so we got:
-fixing metabolism - stress and its friends as a root cause of hair loss
-taurine - fixing high adrenaline and it actually stops itching in my temple where I was successfully losing hair
-nettle leaf

Anything else?

Jonnie

Sure, I understand.

I will continue, it is still early to see results, almost a week, I have not seen any changes.

I would like to understand if the dose is okay (10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening) and if the mode of administration is okay (sublingual). I use Haidut's progestogen and on the thread I have read about many people taking it sublingually.
I think the dose depends on the needs of the individual. If you start to get estrogenic effects you might want to taper off.

Alomongerpete

Has anyone found that high dosing Magnesium can lead to hair loss? I take a lot of Mag and not so much Ca

Jonnie

Has anyone found that high dosing Magnesium can lead to hair loss? I take a lot of Mag and not so much Ca
No but I can imagine calcium will be too low.

Do like me:
> buy $30 coffeegrinder
> boil eggs and dry egg shell
> put egg shell in coffee grinder
> add calcium powder to everything

Do like me:
> buy $30 coffeegrinder
I always curbed them in those herb grinder. Coffeegrinder is a smart idea. Maybe I will pick eggshell calcium up again

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

I'm still trialing my own made hair fall stop & regrow formula. While im still struggling to get my thyroid working and temps up, but my breathing is frequently disrupted up to the point that Im hyperventilating and loosing too much CO2, this is holding the progress back significantly. Im still figuring out what is causing this. Guess my lungs are wrecked and keep having too much sticky phlegm, and asthma. Carry a paperback everywhere I go with the anxiety of an attack, is not much fun. I hope to repair it with thyroid and red light. I cannot drink coffee anymore because of this, even vaping nicotine is difficult. Need to stay hydrated. I live on bags of menthol eucalyptus candy LOL

Anyhow there are 3 components to the formula
first to stop hair fall,
second assisting hair shaft growth,
third inducing stem cell differentiation to make completely new follicles via the mitochondrial respiratory complex.

Basically the formula contains licorice extract, t4, caffeine, niacinamide, eugenol, taurine and DHEA, progesterone.
Cannot disclose any specific dosages of these sorry.

Just recently I've started using my formula in combination with a chinese herbal extract also containing licorice extract. And was working on a revision of the formula for reducing the hair grow inhibiting effects of PTH parathyroid hormone after emailing Dr Ray Peat, by addition of methylene blue, but its conflicting with my use of red light. cannot use MB with redlight together, it will cause pro-oxidant effects. So I have to think of something else for that.

So, for hairloss, if you want to use MB topical you can use 30 micrograms per 200 ml solution of some hair tonic with caffeine and niacinamide. I like to use TABAC hair tonic oil.

serling78

Is it fairly well proven the calcium helps with hair loss? In my experience all.. ALLLLLL.. forms of calcium lead to constipation which I'm sure is a big contributor to my hair loss. I can handle about 500mg a day of calcium to where the digestion issues are somewhat manageable. I've experimented with D3, magnesium, and K2 for years (all diff kinds and brands) but D3 also causes constipation for sure and K2 seems to as well. I feel like I have some issue with how my body uses calcium but that theory has never helped me in finding any solution. I've had my thyroid tested and it was within a normal range. I can't remember at the moment the exact numbers though. It's all just very frustrating.

PeskyPeater

Is it fairly well proven the calcium helps with hair loss? In my experience all.. ALLLLLL.. forms of calcium lead to constipation which I'm sure is a big contributor to my hair loss. I can handle about 500mg a day of calcium to where the digestion issues are somewhat manageable. I've experimented with D3, magnesium, and K2 for years (all diff kinds and brands) but D3 also causes constipation for sure and K2 seems to as well. I feel like I have some issue with how my body uses calcium but that theory has never helped me in finding any solution. I've had my thyroid tested and it was within a normal range. I can't remember at the moment the exact numbers though. It's all just very frustrating.
Seems to me that constipation and digestive problems with supplements could be related to thyroid issues. Trialing a liquid thyroid formulation with cascara and some antibiotics to improve gut function and absorption is a good starting point. thyroid in tablets have reduced bioavailability with food and calcium suppl. in contrast to liquid thyroid. Focus on thyroid and food first and then try pure supplements without fillers later.

serling78

Seems to me that constipation and digestive problems with supplements could be related to thyroid issues. Trialing a liquid thyroid formulation with cascara and some antibiotics to improve gut function and absorption is a good starting point. thyroid in tablets have reduced bioavailability with food and calcium suppl. in contrast to liquid thyroid. Focus on thyroid and food first and then try pure supplements without fillers later.
Sounds worth a try. Do you have any liquid thyroid you'd recommend?

PeskyPeater

Sounds worth a try. Do you have any liquid thyroid you'd recommend?
nope. only know of those products here on the forum
What about massages therapy, dermarolling and oils?
all good. massages may increase bloodflow and scalp health, dermarolling seems to reset the scalp said Dr peat and some essential oils can induce hair shaft elongation like minoxidil

DMF

First of all, are you off the SSRI's, and If so, for how long? Any other medines you take?

David PS

Apple

raising hair by electricity :)

Undoubtedly, the ultimate electrical treatment was that delivered from on high. 011 June 4, 1980, Edwin E. Robinson, 62 was out in his backyard in a Portland, Maine, suburb looking for his pet chicken, Over the years he had gone bald in the usual manner. Robinson also went blind and deaf after a head injury sustained in a 1971 traffic accident. although there was no physiological reason for it. During a thunderstorm that June day. Robinson was struck by lightning. His vision and hearing slowly returned. Then his hair grew back. Family doctor William F. Taylor agreed the hair was returning, and some days later, Robinson's wife Doris said, "It's corning ill thick." People deluged Robinson with letters and phone calls...

After unsuccessfully trying various irritants and corrosives on the scalp, MacKee hit upon his successful method: using high frequency electric current applied to the skin in the form of a spark. This produced a hyperemia which lasted for some time after the treatment was given. 'During the 6 to 12 hours the hyperemia persisted, the hair follicles received an increased blood supply and resistance to germ invasion.

Last edited:

Chophouse360

Hi everyone, 32 year old male.

I have hair loss after taking SSRIs. I have given up on SSRIs, but I believe I am still high serotonin (I have used cyprus in the past, without success).

I also have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, which I treat with T3 and T4.

What can I do to improve the health of my hair? I already take vitamin D + K2 and aspirin, but without any improvement.

What supplement can I add for my hair health?
Would it make sense to take progesterone?
Finasteride and Minoxidol and derma rolling

RealNeat

Do like me:
> buy $30 coffeegrinder
Most grocery store eggs are treated on the outside with mineral oil or something of the like. Farm fresh eggs are safe, but usually have poop, so as you said sterilizing is a good idea.