Jordan Peterson In Rehab

Frankdee20

Before watching the video I would have bet that it had something to do with him beeing on an SSRI, but I was a little surprised that it was Clonazepam that gave him the issues . After looking it up ,I know now ,it works through raising GABA levels, which is pretty peaty I would say.
It seems to have strong dependency potential in some people, though.
I had to think of Phenibut that also raises GABA levels and I remember from researching it a few years ago that some people said it was hell to get off of it . I actually use it from time to time ,so occasional use is no problem at all and probably elongates your life span through stress reduction .
Nevertheless , all good to him and his family! It's alsways sad to know that all of this could have been prevented or treated (better) if they were following a peaty lifestyle, or take some anti-serotonin medication instead of Clonazepam.

That is just a generic name for KLONOPIN here in The U.S. All benzodiazepines are agonists at GABA-A terminals. They are all addictive, and all have a propensity for withdrawal symptoms and physical dependence. They do not add or help you make any GABA, they just replace it, and shut off your own production.

Hugh Johnson

This is a good take.

That Peterson Family is Special video seems to think that trying to alleviate your anxiety with what you know does not count as picking up a burden.

Klonopin is nuts though, and I would put it along with fluoroquinolones as danger level, maybe not quite as high, but close.
Vegangains is at best crazy, at worst in the psychopathic spectrum.

Arnold Grape

The thing that baffles me is that people are so stupid when it comes to any type of medication. Rather than searching for the root cause of issues they blindly accept any poison that doctor give them. "I have depression and anxiety and stress, let's take a pill rather than look for what actually causes these feelings" .
That is, though, pretty objectively easy by comparison to: eliminating starch, eating carrot salads; shining a red light; experimenting with hormones, etc. Not sure why that is baffling to you? I’ve been at this for a bit and still do some pretty fancy footwork to clear those things.

tara

Perhaps i'm not on of those extreme Peat followers, since I just ate some boiled, then oven roasted Yam...
That sounds like food to me. :)
I'd rather die by myself than to be under the care of any doctor, although, with the practical knowledge that I have learned from Peat and from this forum, I can have a third option, should something bad happen: I can heal myself.
I'm very glad that several people I care about have been willing to go to doctors and hospital when they've needed to - otherwise some of them wouldn't still be around.

Peat's and other ideas may be able to tip the odds, but expecting to be able to completely avoid or heal every health challenge is a lot more confident than I would be.

really, why does anyone take any Pharma unless it is a super emergency.
Sometimes severe depression or anxiety is or seems like an emergency. They can sometimes be acutely life-threatening. I'm not recommending the pharma drugs, but I understand people reaching for help.
The thing that baffles me is that people are so stupid when it comes to any type of medication. Rather than searching for the root cause of issues they blindly accept any poison that doctor give them. "I have depression and anxiety and stress, let's take a pill rather than look for what actually causes these feelings" .
Knowing the causes doesn't always provide a solution that someone in depression or anxiety has the resources to resolve.
Sometimes people are in situations of real or apparent inescapable stress, with inadequate resources to lift themselves out.
Nobody (including any of us) is omniscient, and there are often factors we know nothing about with regard to other people's situations, let alone all the uncertainties in the science. Being misinformed isn't stupid; it's inevitable that all of us will be misinformed about some things.

I don't think it's fair or respectful or helpful to attack anyone for their health struggles.

thomas00

The root causes of depression and anxiety are often things that pills alleviate- hypothyroidism, high serotonin, low pregnenolone etc

The only people who disparage the taking of pills seem to be those who think everything should be a struggle and psychologists who's employment hinges on the public believing that they have the solutions to their problems.

Last edited:

Hermes

There's something Andrew Cunnanan like about Vegangains: angry, self-righteous and yeah, totally not understanding the difficult emotional situation the Peterson family is in (that they're of interest to the public only adds stress). The show about the murder of Gianni Versace depicts Andrew Cunnan who will eventually go on to kill several people. The show is totally engrossing.

Most sociopaths don't kill people though. The blog Just Not Said is very informative on the subject and the author has an entire category of articles titled "Sociopath alert". He argues Barack Obama and both Hillary and Bill Clinton to be sociopaths. Not sure, if the label actually is valid in psychiatry but then the entire field seems to be one big **** scam.

What's so interesting about sociopaths and the like?

LucyL

That is unfortunate to lie about such thing. Why take such a high risk to get caught, he refers to his cancer many times in his book about different things...
In the comments of this post I Survived Cancer and So Can You, Nathan wrote :
Yes I did not get my tumors biopsied, but along with the size and number of nodules and the symptoms they caused it's unlikely they were benign (yes I had ultrasound and had five nodes and two were around 1 cm (one over 1 cm and one just under).
So basically he never had an official lab report that said "malignant". Of course that doesn't mean he didn't have cancer, and he is very straightforward about not getting that official label, so people should make up their own mind. His actions, as he tells them, were quite Peaty :angelic:

LucyL

If he should double down on his mistake, then he will have lost any credibility.

That's too black and white. If someone is making major mistakes in their primary field of knowledge, then, yeah, it is fair to question carefully all their information. But as you point out, health/nutrition is not JPs primary area of expertise, and if he wants to indulge his confirmation bias in the tertiary realms, it's not going to negate his good ideas elsewhere.

Tarmander

You mentioned vegangain's video, and someone else used it as evidence that Peterson is literally hitler because he took medication or something.
ahh, I did not notice that the previous video was from the vegan gainz guy...did not even recognize him. Crazy guy.

D

danishispsychic

or what food allergy etc.... if i had not done genetic testing to for celiac disease and started working on healing that - i would still be on that ssri crap that drs gave me for depression caused by celiac. i solved this all on my own, no doctors .

yerrag

That's too black and white. If someone is making major mistakes in their primary field of knowledge, then, yeah, it is fair to question carefully all their information. But as you point out, health/nutrition is not JPs primary area of expertise, and if he wants to indulge his confirmation bias in the tertiary realms, it's not going to negate his good ideas elsewhere.
I'm being harsh, but if he is logical, which he has shown to be, then he should be dissuaded from believing the way he did in the soundness of psychiatric drugs based on the fraudulence of serotonin as a happy hormone.

Hugh Johnson

I'm being harsh, but if he is logical, which he has shown to be, then he should be dissuaded from believing the way he did in the soundness of psychiatric drugs based on the fraudulence of serotonin as a happy hormone.
No one is logical and Peterson definitely does not imagine he is. Whatever he is,he is a good psychologist.

yerrag

No one is logical and Peterson definitely does not imagine he is. Whatever he is,he is a good psychologist.
I find JP's arguments based on sound logic and I can't imagine he doesn't think he is. Explain why you think no one is logical.

Isn't our forum based a lot on using logic to counter the illogical and dogmatic imposition of the medical police?

tankasnowgod

I lost all respect for Jordan hearing he is not man enough to withdraw by himself.

Really? Well, when you got off your benzo, was your wife also going through a hellish battle with cancer? Were you also on some sort of prescription anti-depressant?

rei

Irrelevant. I don't subscribe to the concept of addiction as generally portrayed. If a person really is so weak in the mind that they cannot stop using something then they are too dangerous to exist in society and need serious psychological help to learn to control themselves. Addiction is a state of mind where some substance is providing some benefit and the user is not ready to give it up (even if they think they are), usually because a replacement or resolution to the underlying issue is not found. Any adult must be able to tolerate a serious hangover for a few days, or a legal guardian should be ordered.

I most certainly would find being with my family beneficial in such a process, instead of fleeing to rehab. Especially when they are amazing people like Mikhaila and his wife.

JCastro

Uh, no. And, you should be careful, because you sound absolutely paranoid, and posts like these make people very wary of your overall contributions. I say that as a favor to you. You sound ignorant right now. I'd hate to recommend someone read this board or your content, and then come across something as ridiculous as the above.

Clonazepam is very safe, and very useful. It was developed as an epilepsy medication. It is prescribed off label for just about everything else. It's easy to come off clonazepam. It is not a dirty drug. It's very "clean".

This is the best benzo for general use. End of story.
This is absolutely false and Haidut is correct. Several weeks of prescribed clonazepam use completely derailed my life and I am still compensating for the consequences and have seemingly permanent neurological damage from it years later.

Irrelevant. I don't subscribe to the concept of addiction as generally portrayed. If a person really is so weak in the mind that they cannot stop using something then they are too dangerous to exist in society and need serious psychological help to learn to control themselves. Addiction is a state of mind where some substance is providing some benefit and the user is not ready to give it up (even if they think they are), usually because a replacement or resolution to the underlying issue is not found. Any adult must be able to tolerate a serious hangover for a few days, or a legal guardian should be ordered.

I most certainly would find being with my family beneficial in such a process, instead of fleeing to rehab. Especially when they are amazing people like Mikhaila and his wife.

The idea of benzodiazepine withdrawers being "addicted" is a misnomer. You can have no psychological addiction to the substance, but coming off of it induces horrific neurological sensory mayhem that feels like your brain has been lit on fire and acid poured on it, unable to eat, and the susceptible people will definitely commit suicide because it's impossible to think straight during this. I was able to come off them at home and endured several months of hell alone; I guess anyone who is fortunate enough to have or afford support is weak or "not a man". It wouldn't really be practical to reject rehab to stay home and "support your wife and daughter" when you're going to feel and be insane (neurologically, unavoidably) for an indefinite period of time. He's being smart.

It has nothing to do with addiction and it's more likely that rehab is to prevent Peterson from killing himself since he and his family have always suffered from crippling depression.

I always see this soldier-like extremely judgemental attitude in people who grew up being belittled by harsh parents/peers and developed a pseudo-Stoic philosophy so that they won't feel completely powerless about things outside their control. To a narcissist, bully, or abuser, things outside someone's control = weakness, and in turn the abused person will adopt this mindset to survive. Then they end up being disgusted with people they perceive to be weaker when they were during their vulnerable periods in their past. It's a projection.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals