Jordan Peterson In Rehab

yerrag

What mistake? The mistake of being stressed out when his wife was going through a harrowing six month medical ordeal?
Fate is not a choice to be considered a mistake.

Hugh Johnson

Listening to someone whose expertise lies elsewhere is unhealthful. JP knows his subject matter, but knows just enough to be dangerous when it comes to biochemical and physiological matters. He gets serotonin wrong so I've taking his carnivore ideas seriously. He took harmful mess and he messed himself up, but that's not surprising given his belief in the mainstream dogma of serotonin and of the happy hormone idea of it.

JP survived and when he's back he should have learned this lesson the hard way.

If he should double down on his mistake, then he will have lost any credibility.
The problem here is he himself was listening to the so called experts. It was a psychiatrist that gave him those drugs. I would rather believe haidut than almost any MD on those drugs and he is just some honest dude that enjoys reading science.

I like JBP , I think he has helped a lot of people take responsibility and fix their lives. He has however always been naive about how trustworthy our dominance hierarchies are. Medicine is utterly corrupt.

It's understandable considering how successful he has been, teaching at Harvard and so on, but now he is paying for his blindness.

tankasnowgod

Trusting psychiatry.

It's a good point, I just think it sucks that when someone is going through a very stressful time, the industry that is supposed to help instead decides to knowingly sign that person up for an extended living hell. It's supposed to be the "right" way to deal with things, but it would actually be safer to try self medicate with alcohol or illegal street drugs.

yerrag

The problem here is he himself was listening to the so called experts. It was a psychiatrist that gave him those drugs. I would rather believe haidut than almost any MD on those drugs and he is just some honest dude that enjoys reading science.

I like JBP , I think he has helped a lot of people take responsibility and fix their lives. He has however always been naive about how trustworthy our dominance hierarchies are. Medicine is utterly corrupt.

It's understandable considering how successful he has been, teaching at Harvard and so on, but now he is paying for his blindness.

He's a reasonable and smart dude. Consider this an initiation for him, where he falls flat on his face and gets a piece of humble pie. He loses enough of himself so that he can be molded again like clay. And he will be ready to question his belief system, the one drilled on to his being - the idea of serotonin being the happiness hormone. This belief has betrayed him, and I hope he emerges a changed man with a mind and heart softened to accepting ideas consistent with Peat's.

tankasnowgod

And he will be ready to question his belief system, the one drilled on to his being - the idea of serotonin being the happiness hormone. This belief has betrayed him, and I hope he emerges a changed man with a mind and heart softened to accepting ideas consistent with Peat's.

Except that clonazepam doesn't have anything to do with raising serotonin.

Herbie

JP said he used to be an alcoholic, instead of going back to drinking he took a prescribed medicine for the gaba issues which seemes reasonable based on his knowledge base and cirlces he is in.

It would be agonizing for him and his family to only have the very limited mainstream medicine and rigid carnivore diet to get through without knowing about geletin, sugar, aspirin, pregnenolone, progesterone, dhea, niacinamide, thiamine and so on.

yerrag

Except that clonazepam doesn't have anything to do with raising serotonin.

Maybe so, but this is a directional and foundational question as well.

Vinny

It came out on a Ray Peat Facebook group a year ago or so that Nathan never had cancer. Peat’s work just helped him improve his health. Diet Gurus and self help psychologists like Jordan Peterson are all prone to exaggerating how their ideas helped them personally. I’ve caught myself doing it. It’s a really easy habit to fall into, I guess to boost your reputation and self esteem. It takes a lot of humility and accountability to admit it.
+1

broozer

Uh, no. And, you should be careful, because you sound absolutely paranoid, and posts like these make people very wary of your overall contributions. I say that as a favor to you. You sound ignorant right now. I'd hate to recommend someone read this board or your content, and then come across something as ridiculous as the above.

Clonazepam is very safe, and very useful. It was developed as an epilepsy medication. It is prescribed off label for just about everything else. It's easy to come off clonazepam. It is not a dirty drug. It's very "clean".

This is the best benzo for general use. End of story.

what does a drug need to be to be considered a clean drug? is it that it influences only 1 receptor/ is rather selective? or does it mean it doesent have active metabolites? eg clonazepam has no active metabolites . diazepam has psychoactive metabolites like temazepam,oxazepam and nordiazepam.

I still can't believe Mikhaila's mother had her kidney removed. Cutting out a tumor instead of trying to heal the body, medicine never ceases to terrify me. I'd rather die by myself than to be under the care of any doctor, although, with the practical knowledge that I have learned from Peat and from this forum, I can have a third option, should something bad happen: I can heal myself. And I got this knowledge "for free", all I had to do was read as much as could, didn't have to pay for doctors to give me useless and dangerous treatments with zero science behind them.

Peterson thinks there is nothing behind the curtains controlling basic aspects of society for their own satisfaction, even after seeing how bad schools, hospitals, etc. are. That's very similar to futile patience, driven by serotonin.

Uh, no. And, you should be careful, because you sound absolutely paranoid, and posts like these make people very wary of your overall contributions. I say that as a favor to you. You sound ignorant right now. I'd hate to recommend someone read this board or your content, and then come across something as ridiculous as the above.

Clonazepam is very safe, and very useful. It was developed as an epilepsy medication. It is prescribed off label for just about everything else. It's easy to come off clonazepam. It is not a dirty drug. It's very "clean".

This is the best benzo for general use. End of story.
Are you a sheep or a wolf disguised as one?

Ridiculous is thinking that, just because a drug was "developed for" something, it's perfectly safe.

Dobbler

It came out on a Ray Peat Facebook group a year ago or so that Nathan never had cancer. Peat’s work just helped him improve his health.
That is unfortunate to lie about such thing. Why take such a high risk to get caught, he refers to his cancer many times in his book about different things...

Tarmander

This is a good take.

That Peterson Family is Special video seems to think that trying to alleviate your anxiety with what you know does not count as picking up a burden.

Klonopin is nuts though, and I would put it along with fluoroquinolones as danger level, maybe not quite as high, but close.

tankasnowgod

That is unfortunate to lie about such thing. Why take such a high risk to get caught, he refers to his cancer many times in his book about different things...

Why would you automatically assume Nate lied? How could a Facebook Group have proof of such a thing? The comment offered no direct proof. I have no idea either way, but a rumor about a rumor isn't good evidence of anything.

rei

Clonazepam is one of the most dangerous drugs you can use. It is known even in pharma circles as a "dirty drug" - i.e. not really justified for human use unless the person is terminally ill and long term health is not a concern. It is virtually impossible to withdraw from. Just Google for "clonazepam withdrawal Youtube" (no quotes when you search) and you will see what I mean. It was developed as a more addictive version of Valium/Xanax since the pharma companies thought those older drugs were not drawing in enough patients-for-life (i.e. addicts).
Don't be overly dramatic. I quit alprazolam (way worse withdrawal than clonazepam, i would like a reference for your claim of the opposite) from 3mg daily down to zero in 3 days. After hitting zero I was dizzy and kept vomiting for 3 days but it was certainly not impossible. I have felt worse from alcohol, but at least it does not continue for as long. Alprazolam is being phased out in the healthcare system over here due to the horrible withdrawal but clonazepam is commonly used.

Well, Stevie Nicks would disagree with you. In her own words, she said that Klonopin was more deadly than cocaine-

That's because cocaine is not deadly while benzos can be.

I lost all respect for Jordan hearing he is not man enough to withdraw by himself.

Last edited:
Why would you automatically assume Nate lied? How could a Facebook Group have proof of such a thing? The comment offered no direct proof. I have no idea either way, but a rumor about a rumor isn't good evidence of anything.
That's what I was thinking, people shouldn't believe something without quality proof, especially one so condemning as lying about having had cancer.

D

danishispsychic

really, why does anyone take any Pharma unless it is a super emergency. all anti depressants are garbage, period.

Dobbler

really, why does anyone take any Pharma unless it is a super emergency. all anti depressants are garbage, period.
The thing that baffles me is that people are so stupid when it comes to any type of medication. Rather than searching for the root cause of issues they blindly accept any poison that doctor give them. "I have depression and anxiety and stress, let's take a pill rather than look for what actually causes these feelings" .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals