Jordan Peterson In Rehab

Frankdee20

Clonazepam is a much longer acting benzo than alprazolam, I am surprised it is not touted as easier to withdraw from than XANAX and ATIVAN (shorter acting).

lampofred

According to RP progesterone acts just like benzodiazepines, particularly valium...

tankasnowgod

Regarding benzos though, I have a question. Is it habitual use that leads to physical dependence an issue or is rare use on some really hard days also just as bad? They've saved me from some intense panic attacks.

In the testimonial I posted from Gary Halbert above, he stated its usually from longer term habitual use, but cautioned it could happen in as little as 15 days. Truly rare use **might** be okay, but I have been wary of them ever since reading that. Personally, I wouldn't even risk a single time use.

Runenight201

In the testimonial I posted from Gary Halbert above, he stated its usually from longer term habitual use, but cautioned it could happen in as little as 15 days. Truly rare use **might** be okay, but I have been wary of them ever since reading that. Personally, I wouldn't even risk a single time use.

If a drug is correcting some deficiency in the body so that one feels normal, good, or great while on it, then it’s much easier for an addiction to form. Sober life is deficient again, and rather than seeking the correct treatments, the drug is used as the band-aid. Repeated use occurs until a physical dependence is formed. Someone in a chronic state of anxiety is going to feel immediate relief from benzos and then subsequently get hooked, where as someone with zero anxiety could take benzos for fun and then never need to take it again.

I think otherwise normal people can play around with certain drugs and avoid addiction, although certain substances may require more care than others. The need to experiment with drugs is already signaling that one isn’t experiencing prime health to me. I think even the desire to want to do such a thing already signals that one is not in prime health. Now, certain drugs can induce certain patterns of behavior, and perhaps a healthy individual may intellectually choose to enter into such states knowing that they wish to behave/think/perceive in certain manners.

Kunstruct

Do you think Jordan Peterson uses Finasteride or Dutasteride?
He had at least one hair transplant which is obvious as he had less hair before (google and see his before surgery) and whenever I look at these doctors they all want the patient to be on either of those drugs even before the surgery.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

I would not follow JPs advice / wisdom on Self Improvement. His whole worldview has been altered from depression. Always pay attention to these details.

rei

Recently JP almost died several times from being mistreated by his doctors, and then fled to Russia to get properly treated, at which point he was put into coma because he was on the brink of death from bilatelar pneumonia resulting from his previous treatment. But he seems to have survived, almost paralysed but regaining function slowly. GG western medicine and convincing rationality demonstrated by the man who teaches to "just tough it out". Perhaps he found a new perspective that toughing through sociopathic treatment is not very wise, and so sad it had to be learned through a series of meetings with our creator.

Last edited:
I would not follow JPs advice / wisdom on Self Improvement. His whole worldview has been altered from depression. Always pay attention to these details.
I agree with this. It's something that I thought about when I was starting to see some of his interviews. Not that I think he only says useless things, but it's important to think before following what he says.

homyak

Recently JP almost died several times from being mistreated by his doctors, and then fled to Russia to get properly treated, at which point he was put into coma because he was on the brink of death from bilatelar pneumonia resulting from his previous treatment. But he seems to have survived, almost paralysed but regaining function slowly. GG western medicine and convincing rationality demonstrated by the man who teaches to "just tough it out". Perhaps he found a new perspective that toughing through sociopathic treatment is not very wise, and so sad it had to be learned through a series of meetings with our creator.

Hopefully the Russian system can help him. I remember getting sick in Moscow and a pharmacist gave me charcoal. I was like, 'charcoal, wtf.' 20 minutes later I felt great. It's hilarious that Russians believe the West has such superior medicine. I would rather be in Russia if I had a chronic illness, but in the West if I had a traumatic accident. I feel they attempt to target the problem, rather than the symptoms.

Tenacity

I agree with this. It's something that I thought about when I was starting to see some of his interviews. Not that I think he only says useless things, but it's important to think before following what he says.
I agree in principle, but he's someone with an Aristotelian orientation, just like Peat. Context is important, but his philosophy as a whole fits neatly with Peat's and supports everything we're doing on this forum. Nobody is infallible.

SOMO

but I was a little surprised that it was Clonazepam that gave him the issues . After looking it up ,I know now ,it works through raising GABA levels, which is pretty peaty I would say.
It seems to have strong dependency potential in some people, though.
I had to think of Phenibut that also raises GABA levels and I remember from researching it a few years ago that some people said it was hell to get off of it . I actually use it from time to time ,so occasional use is no problem at all and probably elongates your life span through stress reduction .

Instead of Phenibut, why not just use GABA?

SOMO

Perhaps, a viable strategy & solution (for general withdrawal) would be to employ a synergistic variety of pharmacological mechanisms, known to reset drug tolerances & effectively dampen patterning associated with 'drug-habituation'.

Iboga possess many of these mechanisms, but legality is an issue. Iboga 'pushes' the user to face their emotional/mental 'issues', whilst performing the necessary physical rewiring. It's ideal for heroin 'addicts'... (but i doubt the iboga clinics use Peat-style substances to strengthen metabolism!)
(NMDA antagonism is a prime approach for dampening the neuro-patterns of 'drug-habituation'. Ketamine/memantine are also useful tools for resetting accumulated drug tolerances. Ketamine promotes neurogenesis via mTOR)

Perhaps a more OTC approach would involve:
  • Agmatine (NMDA antagonist, neurogenesis via mTOR, allopregnanolone increase, Opioid potentiation, cannabinoid potentiation)
  • Palmitoylethanolamide (endocannabinoid properties, allopregnanolone increase, PPAR involvement)
  • Magnesium (NMDA antagonist etc)
  • Memantine (alpha 7 NACh antagonist, D2 agonist)
  • GABA Positive Allosteric Modulator's (PAM) (many to choose from, including essential oils)
  • Blue Lotus/Corydalis Yanhusuo (upregulates & balances the dopamine system)
  • Optional: KOR agonist - this stimulates upregulation of the D2 reward system. the dysphoria/fear from Kappa 'receptor stimulation' might be OTT/undesirable though... (eg Hesperidin, Menthol)
  • Some typical Peat-style substances to block cortisol/serotonin, promote ATP/mitochondria etc

• ...and strong potent will-power!

Iboga and Blue Lotus are both opiod agonists.

I don't think opiod agonists are ever beneficial, unless they're being used to wean someone off stronger opiates.

rei

In this recent video of JP you can see the chronic damage that can be caused from just normal medical treatment. Completely twisted spine, tilted shoulder line, the rest we cannot see.

I have been talking for the past 2 years about how posture is the most basic measure of your general health, and in that video you can see JP shriveled and contorted in his chair after going through several medically induced comas and bed rest to save his life. If you lay in a bed while being really sick, any postural misalignement will become incorporated as chronic.

This same effect probably is what damages 99% of people that get vaccinated, it causes whole-body fever-like inflammatory situation, and it solidifies into chronic damage unless you take care to lay completely flat while recovering, sleeping.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals