Jordan Peterson Is Recovering From A Severe Addiction To Benzodiazepine Tranquilizers

Luann

I also just thought he was a weird, untrustworthy sort.

Take your pick. His dumb, reductionist comment about women wearing lipstick in the workplace. His daughter's odd blog. The time the daughter said her baby stopped drinking her breast milk (I think that was her). His daughter taking a bikini picture of Mrs. Peterson to promote the diet on social media. The diet itself. His conversion to Christianity. The "200 Soviet Union paintings". The fact that he's a hero in this day and age... and this is not an age of heroes.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

A comment on his interview with Ben Shapiro:
"I'm a young woman. I've been battling severe depression and anxiety for a few years now and started to contemplate suicide. Then I found Jordan Peterson. He's the father I wish I had. I've been putting to use his strategies and now I don't want to die anymore. I can see a better future for myself. I feel more empowered than ever. I will never NOT defend this man to the Left."

He brings order to a world in chaos.

Luann

Well, I am happy that that woman found a path.
You know, it's ironic how he gets called a father figure given occurrences like this with his own child. And that's not the only picture like that that she has on public display. Her quote about her current relationship, "Took me four years to trust this Russian man." That same man is now part of their family business. Why date someone that you don't trust for four years?
I have nothing against Russia, just seeing some patterns.

ThinPicking

Patterns, yep.

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F9152fd84-5fd9-11eb-b001-28cdd5386b3b.jpg
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F3667f47e-5cd7-11eb-9757-b51ef053b3e2.jpg
q0vzvcgnogp41.png
EfKzUkHWAAEkI_E.jpg

Last edited:

InChristAlone

He is vocally against leftism/marxism/communism. So I don't see a connection. And he is now paired up with the Daily Wire who is the most conservative voice in the country. He did get treatment in Russia. So he is not so dissimilar to Ray Peat who is pro Russian science. He may feel alt right to those who are used to the fluffiness of liberals.

InChristAlone

Well, I am happy that that woman found a path.
You know, it's ironic how he gets called a father figure given occurrences like this with his own child. And that's not the only picture like that that she has on public display. Her quote about her current relationship, "Took me four years to trust this Russian man." That same man is now part of their family business. Why date someone that you don't trust for four years?
I have nothing against Russia, just seeing some patterns.
The one she married this summer? He's a Christian white dude.

ThinPicking

Beware of the word magic.

Liberalism - a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.

InChristAlone

Liberalism - a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.
Libertarianism is considered liberal by that definition and it is when you consider this political spectrum:
bothaxes.gif

But a left liberal is very different from a right liberal.

Luann

While Russia is predominantly white and Christian, I think you're right about it not being her current relationship. Andrey was the baby daddy, then.
"He may feel alt right to those who are used to the fluffiness of liberals."
Ah, just remember, I never called him Alt right. I called him "weird and untrustworthy."

ThinPicking

Libertarianism is considered liberal by that definition and it is when you consider this political spectrum:
It is the definition of liberalism. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that if they ever knew. The libertarian simply purports it can be achieved in steady state privately with minimal state intervention. I'm not disagreeing with that position, just separating the two things.

But a left liberal is very different from a right liberal.
In a saner world where funds are more difficult to misappropriate, somewhat ma'am, somewhat. The differences have been dragged to extremes.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

While Russia is predominantly white and Christian, I think you're right about it not being her current relationship. Andrey was the baby daddy, then.
"He may feel alt right to those who are used to the fluffiness of liberals."
Ah, just remember, I never called him Alt right. I called him "weird and untrustworthy."
I think anyone in the public eye is not completely trustworthy, they have PR teams to stay in the forefront.
I am less paranoid about this now. Full on Peatarian I was untrusting of anyone who appeared to be an 'authority figure'. After becoming a Christian and a libertarian/conservative I realized I was just a chaotic paranoid person, and I was becoming bitter and resentful of everyone and anything just like JP says of leftists. I see JP as someone who got too far up in his head, I can relate. His story with benzos is freaking horrifying. It could have been me had I not been a Peatarian and skeptical of those drugs. He needed more skepticism within the medical establishment and I think he is there now.

InChristAlone

It is the definition of liberalism. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that if they ever knew. The libertarian simply purports it can be achieved in stead state privately with minimal state intervention. I'm not disagreeing with that position, just separating the two things.

In a saner world where funds are more difficult to misappropriate, somewhat ma'am, somewhat. The differences have been dragged to extremes.
Yes the definitions are now extreme. I do not like the division between left and right, but we do need a distinction between those liberals who want things like universal healthcare and schooling and those who want it to be free market and lower taxes.

Luann

I think anyone in the public eye is not completely trustworthy, they have PR teams to stay in the forefront.
Definitely.
And yeah I empathize with the benzo withdrawal. I've seen a parent and a close friend go though it.
As a family-values-type person myself, the Petersons' family values seem very sus. That's all 😅
Good luck to all on their health journey

InChristAlone

Definitely.
And yeah I empathize with the benzo withdrawal. I've seen a parent and a close friend go though it.
As a family-values-type person myself, the Petersons' family values seem very sus. That's all 😅
Good luck to all on their health journey
Oh I agree with you there. I have questioned his daughter's moral values! But I myself was similar at her age, so I can't judge too much haha.

Morgan

He may feel alt right to those who are used to the fluffiness of liberals.
I have never seen a group so easily "triggered" then the "alt right". In terms of analytics they are far more obsessed with identity than the so called "snowflake liberals" they consistently talk about. The word "trans" is like throwing bread to a bunch of hungry ducks to the so called "alt right", they eat it up, and the media loves them for it.

Exactly, language is used to control peoples perception of reality, and when used properly it is much like "magick". Who defines language? Who defines what system of duality we choose to live under? Even the notions of so called "right" or "left" is a system of control imposed upon us. Liberal now means nothing at all, and when we let someone else define for us what something means we are allowing them to control our reality. This is where identity politics comes into the equation, people wish to control the lives of others or even how they see themselves, and they wish to control how we indoctrinate children.. beginning with the religion we impose upon them. These systems of control have existed far.. far longer than any current pointless debate.
The one she married this summer? He's a Christian white dude.
Interesting choice of words, as if what we define as race matters at all? At what point do we begin to judge people? Should we judge them for their past mistakes? In the case of Jordan Peterson, what harm could he be causing to people that believed in his life style choices?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mGV9ZoEYUA
"Peterson is a sophist. Debating with him is like chasing your own tail."
"Listening to Jordan Strawman Peterson is enough to convince me of antinatalism. Endless suffering right there."
"This is a really brilliant conversation. This greatly captures both the philosophy, and an expression of the angst it can cause. It is frustrating on one level because it does appear that Peterson shifts arguments any time he runs up against a wall, but in another sense, these shifts speak precisely to what makes Peterson a charismatic and interesting communicator. He is attempting to step outside of the trees and see the forest, in my estimation, however you gauge his success in doing so."

Last edited:

InChristAlone

I have never seen a group so easily "triggered" then the "alt right". In terms of analytics they are far more obsessed with identity than the so called "snowflake liberals" they consistently talk about. The word "trans" is like throwing bread to a bunch of hungry ducks to the so called "alt right", they eat it up, and the media loves them for it.

Exactly, language is used to control peoples perception of reality, and when used properly it is much like "magick". Who defines language? Who defines what system of duality we choose to live under? Even the notions of so called "right" or "left" is a system of control imposed upon us. Liberal now means nothing at all, and when we let someone else define for us what something means we are allowing them to control our reality. This is where identity politics comes into the equation, people wish to control the lives of others or even how they see themselves, and they wish to control how we indoctrinate children.. beginning with the religion we impose upon them. These systems of control have existed far.. far longer than any current pointless debate.

Interesting choice of words, as if what we define as race matters at all? At what point do we begin to judge people? Should we judge them for their past mistakes? In the case of Jordan Peterson, what harm could he be causing to people that believe in his life style choices?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mGV9ZoEYUA
"Peterson is a sophist. Debating with him is like chasing your own tail."
"Listening to Jordan Strawman Peterson is enough to convince me of antinatalism. Endless suffering right there."
"This is a really brilliant conversation. This greatly captures both the philosophy, and an expression of the angst it can cause. It is frustrating on one level because it does appear that Peterson shifts arguments any time he runs up against a wall, but in another sense, these shifts speak precisely to what makes Peterson a charismatic and interesting communicator. He is attempting to step outside of the trees and see the forest, in my estimation, however you gauge his success in doing so."

I guess then you are still part of the left/ right ideology because you don't want people like JP controlling how we indoctrinate children. And people on the right don't want the left controlling it either. I mean we could go back and forth for hours on who is right and who is wrong. But if you truly listen to the man speak he talks about the psychology of identity far deeper than I've ever heard anyone else talk. When it comes to the SJWs they prefer to just erase any meaning of anything it's totally subjective to the person which creates absolute chaos within young people. And we are seeing this today. He perfectly describes what we are seeing in young people due to this chaos. Women chopping off their boobs at 16. Men wanting to be women and taking estrogen and chopping off their dicks. Puberty blockers. The list goes on. Having an ordered society is scary to people who feel rejected by that same society I get that. We need to learn how to help those people. But I don't think it's helping by affirming that you can be whoever you want to be without any consequences. A 9 yr old can have an emotional meltdown that they aren't a mermaid. Should we say 'oh I'm so sorry hunny you can be a mermaid if you really want to be'? That type of devouring compassion is utter chaos.

If you feel rejected by your family for your chosen behaviors that is very sad and families shouldn't be rejecting. They should love their children regardless while having firm boundaries. Those boundaries will be different for everyone. And there is no right answer. We are still navigating what it means to love someone who has a desire to be trans without affirming and without be rejecting. That's a very tough situation for people who want to see the whole person and not affirm mental traumas.

gunther

JPs voice and speech patterns are flippin amazing. He could talk about the house cats of Sentinel island and people would take notes. Plus he’s got a sneaky way of pandering to different points of view before deflating them.

I’m sus of his meteoric rise to stardom. He went viral and the situation seemed a tad contrived. He blew up like Billy Eilish (who writes her own music for sure)

He seem a’ight though. Who can argue with telling teenage boys to clean their rooms.

InChristAlone

JPs voice and speech patterns are flippin amazing. He could talk about the house cats of Sentinel island and people would take notes. Plus he’s got a sneaky way of pandering to different points of view before deflating them.

I’m sus of his meteoric rise to stardom. He went viral and the situation seemed a tad contrived. He blew up like Billy Eilish (who writes her own music for sure)

He seem a’ight though. Who can argue with telling teenage boys to clean their rooms.
Apparently because he was outspoken against affirming the 150 new identities. His talks would get SJW protests. One of them was in a church with stained glass windows and they were banging on the windows the entire time shouting burn it down. He said they sounded demonic. They really thought he was going to become some kind of alt right hate leader. He just put out the conservative manifesto where he specifically calls it about center right classic liberals. I don't know how anyone can call that alt right hate speech.

Wanderer

What are the side effects you experience? A friend of mine has post benzo syndrome and has the same typical side effects as post finasteride syndrome. Zero libido, anhedonia, no more drive, etc. He took Xanax for years btw.

I started typing and unfortunately got way too long winded as I listed potential complications, and the different stages of side effects over the years. So I guess I'll save it for its own thread and keep it simple and focus just on the side effects that I still have currently.
I was prescribed Clonazepam (klonopin generic) for PTSD at the age of 19. Prior to this, I had great erection quality, quite far above average semen volume and penis size and a seemingly quite high libido despite my anxiety/stress issues and my horrible diet full of grain and pufa, sedentary lifestyle, and underweight physique. While I was on the drug I had no issues with these areas either. I got taken off cold turkey twice, in the span of a few weeks and experienced kindling (intensifying of post withdrawal syndrome by shocking the body with cold turkey withdrawals repeatedly) since my idiot doctor went on vacation for a month and refused to pick up the phone and benzos are regarded as dangerous narcotics that make it impossible to get refills during emergencies.

It's been around 6 or 7 years and these are the symptoms that are still with me.

Exercise intolerance: easy to ramp up my cortisol and hard to bring it back down. Stay sore longer than seems reasonable and hard to bring my body temp back down after exercise.
Very little drive to seek out the opposite sex or date, (may be mostly psychological due to years of sexual dysfunction side effects robbing me of confidence.)
Generally low motivation (again, likely ties to low expectations for relationship success due to lost sexual confidence and feelings of hopelessness)
Very weak to mild libido (sometimes seems high, but may be just me seeking stimulation in hopes that the right stimulation may psychologically prove to myself I can return to former level of erectile function)
Initially zero morning erections/nocturnal erections, but nowadays I generally get both but they are not half as strong/full as before.
Anhedonia, at least partially. Complication: I've smoked marijuana off and on and to some degree it helps with this (and seemingly with libido/sexual function) but may be part of why I experience anhedonia still.
Greatly weakened sensation in penis.
Erectile dysfunction, severe at first, now I can mostly reliably get a partial erection but it doesn't feel right... by this I mean, I don't get as long or full & engorged and it doesnt feel as though my erection is extending to the portion of my penis that is within my body like before, seems as though most of the erect tissue is near the middle of my penis, and little is at the base and tip. Also requires constant stimulation to maintain whereas before I didn't need any manual stimulation to maintain.
Penile shrinkage, both erect and flaccid. Hard to determine how much is due to erectile dysfunction, sometimes I get very close to my former healthy size. (greatly effects me psychologically and as a result makes it hard to determine to what degree my condition is psychological vs physical)
Testicular atrophy, primarily on my left testicle, right may be nearly the same as before or slightly smaller, but hard to tell.
Change in semen consistency and reduced volume. Thick white consistency had changed to watery consistency on average. Distressing as I generally had an unusually 'healthy' volume and consistency prior.
Occasional feelings of stifled or difficult urination seemingly indicating a prostate issue.
Hair loss/thinning - seemingly brought on by the stress of all this. Seems to have stabilized after the first year but has not returned to original thickness
Seborrheic dermatitis - scalp, beard and eyebrow area. (worsened by sweating, and probably by eating grain)
Regularly feeling as though my body is

I'll probably elaborate in a dedicated thread about what I have tried so far and any potential complication. I feel that I've been very, very slowly restoring my ability to get an erection but things are still not quite right.

Pertaining to Peterson: the red flags for me besides his quick rise to fame are that he was employed by the UN as I recall, and if you are Christian, then his sympathies for Christianity aren't exactly worth much because he, at least in the past, seemed to view Christianity purely in a Jungian point of view. Maybe this has changed in recent years, I haven't paid much attention to him in a long time.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals