Jordan Peterson Is Recovering From A Severe Addiction To Benzodiazepine Tranquilizers

OP
Dessert_All_Day
It makes you wonder how many people go through something similar but don’t have the resources to travel around the world to get treatment?

Absolutely.

Although the alternative treatment he received may have ultimately backfired, point taken.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Absolutely.

Although the alternative treatment he received may have ultimately backfired, point taken.
I’m sorry, I missed the details on the alternative treatment. The story itself seems fishy although I truly mean no disrespect to the Peterson family or anyone who has suffered from benzo withdrawals.

Mauritio

He always was so proud of his "neurochemistry " and I remember an interview where he asked the interviewer if he really wanted to challenge him on that topic.
Looks like he was way off on that topic . He was talking about serotonin beeing the good /happy hormone and we all know how wrong that is.
So I guess he has to feel it on his body how it is when his biochemistry is of . I'm sure serotonin plays a big part in the symptoms that he momentarily has.

I wish he would realize the facts about serotonin/ carnivore diet . I think he and his family have big serotonin / endotoxin problems and that's why the carnivore diet worked for him - at least at the start.

Imagine if a public figure with his reach would talk about the serotonin -endotoxin- depression connection . That would be a game changer.

Nevertheless much love and support to him and his family !!

OP
Dessert_All_Day
He always was so proud of his "neurochemistry " and I remember an interview where he asked the interviewer if he really wanted to challenge him on that topic.
Looks like he was way off on that topic . He was talking about serotonin beeing the good /happy hormone and we all know how wrong that is.
So I guess he has to feel it on his body how it is when his biochemistry is of . I'm sure serotonin plays a big part in the symptoms that he momentarily has.

I wish he would realize the facts about serotonin/ carnivore diet . I think he and his family have big serotonin / endotoxin problems and that's why the carnivore diet worked for him - at least at the start.

Imagine if a public figure with his reach would talk about the serotonin -endotoxin- depression connection . That would be a game changer.

Nevertheless much love and support to him and his family !!

Yes. It's sad that it had to get this extreme for him to realize he was wrong about serotonin.

I hope he fully recovers.

S-VV

So the Russians had to >induce a ******* coma< to save him. I wonder what dose of clonazepam he was taking, and what anti-seizure medications he is taking.

tankasnowgod

Yes. It's sad that it had to get this extreme for him to realize he was wrong about serotonin.

I hope he fully recovers.

Benzos work by binding to the GABA receptor (officially). These drugs don't seem to have anything to do with Serotonin.

tankasnowgod

I don’t think he has realized it. He will just purely blame it on the Benzos.

The Benzos are pretty much to blame for his condition. It isn't even controversial. They are an absolute hellish class of drug. Go to youtube and look up people tapering off benzos. It's really depressing. I think they might be a far worse class of drug than SSRIs.

Tarmander

Benzos work by binding to the GABA receptor (officially). These drugs don't seem to have anything to do with Serotonin.
I think part of why he got on benzos was probably the prolonged use of SSRIs and then switching to no carb. The chain of cause and effect starts with serotonin

InChristAlone

Benzos are hell for thousands of people. Getting off is usually more hellish than why you got on them.

InChristAlone

Xanax was found in 70% of donor blood. Hope I never need a transfusion!

milkboi

The Benzos are pretty much to blame for his condition. It isn't even controversial. They are an absolute hellish class of drug. Go to youtube and look up people tapering off benzos. It's really depressing. I think they might be a far worse class of drug than SSRIs.

Yeah, I know that. His diet and the SSRIs probably didn't help tho.

akgrrrl

After multiple reconstructive surgeries, skin grafts,etc I discovered the teeny white pill my needlepushermedic had prescribed to me for ten years was a benzo. It WAS hell to get off. Took 18 months of very little sleep, personality pains, and gaba receptor rebuild. No other doctor would even talk to me about it. I was so lucky to find the Ray Peat forum for support and information.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I don't think it has been revealed fully what treatment he got in Russia but I would wager it was radically different then what he experienced in the west. Russia and the former USSR countries are not as restrained by the Western Dogma in terms of medicine so perhaps they were able to find a better solution.

TheSir

I don't think it has been revealed fully what treatment he got in Russia but I would wager it was radically different then what he experienced in the west. Russia and the former USSR countries are not as restrained by the Western Dogma in terms of medicine so perhaps they were able to find a better solution.
Chuckled at this comment in the National Post article:

upload_2020-2-10_1-1-4.png

S-VV

Imagine Dr. Boris Petrovsky pumping Dr. Peterstein with massive amounts of Cytoflavin, Mildronate, and obscure actoprotectants used by Afghanistan era Spetsnaz commandos, all while the former carnivore slumbers in a Afobazole induced “coma” (aka ultra strong simga-1 receptor activation for supraphysiological synaptic plasticity, and mega-rapid endoplasmic reticulum stress alleviation).

In the background, Zizeck awaits with the forbidden racetams, never released to the public due to their enourmos power.

Suddenly, Peterstein awakenes. The man hath crossed the rope, and is no more.

Der übermensch ist hier.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals