Is there hope for recovering from birth control?

Peachy

It’s so sad how many women have dealt with this! @curious_anthro I second the honey mask. And would you mind describing the high estrogen symptoms you had with lower dose progesterone?

Mathgirl

Find the Generative Energy Podcast and listen to all the interviews with Danny Roddy, Ray Peat and Georgi. And I think you'd like the The Strong Sistas too. They may be more relate-able in your situation. You will heal. Sunshine, good nutrition and time.

LadyRae

Agree with @Peachy and @Advocate2021 . Vitex added 5 days to my luteal phase-i love it. I'm 45 but I really like my 5mg DHEA, I think it makes my skin better/ more energy.

I also love tretinoin topical cream on my face at night but I know that not everybody is into that. After about a year of usage though it definitely reduces fine lines and it is also recommended for mild acne.

When I went off the pill about 18 years ago, I got pregnant right away but I had a miscarriage. Now I have four kids but it took a while to balance out after going off the pill.

After my 4th child I had the mirena ring for 10 months until my husband got a vasectomy. Literally I spotted the entire time! And I was Moody.... It was awful and I was so happy to get it out. I have some bitterness that my first year with my last baby was clouded in the evil shroud of mirena 😐.

I think that you are doing all of the right things, and you are young so you will heal.....before you know it this will be in the distant past and you will just shake your head and throw up your hands 💕

It’s so sad how many women have dealt with this! @curious_anthro I second the honey mask. And would you mind describing the high estrogen symptoms you had with lower dose progesterone?
At too low dose of progesterone my acne worsened, heart palpitations, anxiety, cold hands/feet, feeling clammy and nausea. Once I hit a high enough dose, I get a feeling of zen come over me and my sleep is good.

@antiqua I would also focus on minerals as spironolactone can throw off mineral balance. Adrenal cocktails can be helpful and just getting enough salt. I used to get dizzy spells and low blood sugar quite easily and getting enough minerals helped. Also helped hair/nails grow back.

Advocate2021

I disagree with the fear of using too much progesterone- crisis warrants generous use. Saved my life and my hormones these last 25 years. listen to your body rather than any rules about dosing. it has no negative side effects as far as I know and once you are over the hump you can evaluate how to use it, if at all, ongoing since you are young - and perhaps revisit when needed again if your issues resolve. thyroid could be helpful getting you through this as well as those pharma hormones suppress it and might help you get back more quickly as I said. But just get yourself out of this suffering and the progest-e is a quick fixer and will give you relief so that you can move forward with an ongoing plan.

Last edited:
I disagree with the fear of using too much progesterone- crisis warrants generous use. Saved my life and my hormones these last 25 years. listen to your body rather than any rules about dosing. it has no negative side effects as far as I know and once you are over the hump you can evaluate how to use it, if at all l ongoing since you are young and perhaps revisit when needed again if your issues resolve. thyroid could be helpful getting you through this as well as those pharma hormones suppress it and might help you get back more quickly as I said.
I agree, I think its impossible for a woman to use too much progesterone personally. I think Peat has said this too.

The only "danger" is that it can be sedating for some but it does not seem to do this to everyone. I have heard of women (and men for that matter) that have used a whole bottle of progest-e in one sitting and they were fine.

Advocate2021

I agree, I think its impossible for a woman to use too much progesterone personally. I think Peat has said this too.

The only "danger" is that it can be sedating for some but it does not seem to do this to everyone. I have heard of women (and men for that matter) that have used a whole bottle of progest-e in one sitting and they were fine.
ive gone through a bottle in a week in crisis - had one in my late thirties and docs wanted to put me on psychiatric meds. after the bottle in a week, my depression was gone.

ive gone through a bottle in a week in crisis - had one in my late thirties and docs wanted to put me on psychiatric meds. after the bottle in a week, my depression was gone.
Wow! Out of curiosity, how did you take it? Orally or topically?

Advocate2021

Wow! Out of curiosity, how did you take it? Orally or topically?
I've always just squirted it on my gums I usually just peel my lower lip down and squirt it in there right between the lower lip and the teeth

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals