Peaty Birth Control? Plus Libido Of Lactating Female

Discussion in 'Female Issues' started by YamnayaMommy, Sep 22, 2019.

1. YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy Member

Obviously RP does not recommend hormonal birth control. What about the copper IUD, ParaGard?

I have had three children in four years and need a break. I had the ParaGard inserted last spring after birth of #3, and have not had a menses yet (am still nursing).

I have also had a loss of libido and wonder if it’s connected to the ParaGard. I didn’t lose libido/arousedness after the first two babies, so that’s why i suspect ParaGard.

Any commentary on ParaGard and female libido is welcome.

Thanks

2. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

Non-hormonal and minimally invasive methods are probably best for contraception.

3. Homo Consumericus

Homo Consumericus Member

I'm interested in this topic too, specifically how to mitigate side effects. My gf has an IUD for 3 years but her libido is orders of magnitude higher than mine.

4. Aymen

Aymen Member

what are the chances of getting pregnant if the man didn't ejaculate into the vagina?

5. schultz

schultz Member

Condoms?

I think it depends on if there is semen in his pre-ejaculate. There was a study on this I read a while back, but I don't remember what the percentages were.

6. Aymen

Aymen Member

i saw somewhere than pre-ejaculatory fluid rarely contain semen but still there is a little chance of pregnancy to happen.

7. schultz

schultz Member

I was thinking of this study. It suggests about a 3rd of people have motile sperm in their pre-ejaculatory fluid.

Sperm content of pre-ejaculatory fluid
    "Eleven of the 27 subjects (41%) produced pre-ejaculatory samples that contained spermatozoa and in 10 of these cases (37%) a reasonable proportion of the sperm was motile. In every case where an individual subject produced more than one sample, he either did or did not have spermatozoa in all of his samples. In other words, it was never the case that a subject sometimes had spermatozoa and sometimes did not."

It also says this later on...

"One study by Ilaria et al. (1992) detected no sperm at all in pre-ejaculatory samples from 16 men. In the other by Pudney et al. (1992), 8 out of 23 pre-ejaculatory samples contained ‘a few small clumps of spermatozoa’."

"The reason why our study was able to demonstrate motile sperm in pre-ejaculatory fluid whereas other studies have failed to do so might lie in the promptness with which we examined the samples. In our IVF unit, the room where men are able to produce their samples is immediately adjacent to the laboratory. We briefed our volunteers appropriately and arranged for an embryologist to be positioned at the microscope awaiting each sample, and we are confident that samples were examined within 2 min of production. After this time, low volume samples can dry out and microscopic examination becomes extremely difficult. No previous publication reports the specific instructions given to men who were asked to collect pre-ejaculatory samples."

"We conclude that a major proportion of men leak motile sperm in their pre-ejaculatory fluid. Current advice should continue to be to wear a condom prior to any genital contact in order to minimise unintended pregnancy and disease transmission."

"It is tempting to speculate that the use of withdrawal as a means of contraception might be more successful in some men because they are less likely to release sperm with their pre-ejaculate."

8. Aymen

Aymen Member

Some men have no to minimal pre ejaculatory fluid so they have better chance than others in preventing pregnancy with the withdrawl method, so there is not a 100% guaranteed method.
    maybe withdrawing combined with a condom is the best method? if the condom is safe of course.
    this is what i found from RP in the email exchange: "Some condoms are coated with silicone lubricant, and could cause allergic or immune problems. A fitted cervical cap, as described by Barbara Seaman, is probably the ideal. Some women have had success with a plastic diaphragm coated with progesterone."
    my mother said she used the Intrauterine device ( copper IUDs type not the hormonal one) and the only side effect she had was excessive bleeding during menstruation, she didn't go to doctor since she have put it, but she reached the menopause in the age of 50, she has high estrogen now, i do not now if the Intrauterine device is safe for hormones or not but it's far better than the birth control pills.
    only the withdrawl method doesn't have side effects.

9. schultz

schultz Member

My wife and I use condoms currently. They have no lubricant on them. Pull-out method is how we she got pregnant the second time lol.

10. HDD

HDD Member

“Many factors, including poor nutrition, climate, emotional or physical stress (even excessive running) and toxins, can cause a progesterone deficiency. Use of estrogens, birth control pills and even IUDs can also bring about a deficiency. “

.”..I saw that someone had two different groups just almost at the same time had observed that an intrauterine device for contraception often caused systemic health problems and I found that that the problems were related to a falling progesterone and animal studies showed that if you put a slight wound into the uterus, signals travel up to the ovary and blocked the production. of progesterone because the animal system recognizes that it isn’t wise to get pregnant when you have a wound in the uterus. So that was recognized as the effect of the IUD or one of the effects, but at the same time another group found that men who had vasectomy often suffered very serious effects instantly and such. And they found that the men who suffered with health effects from a vasectomy had very low progesterone and that replacing their progesterone levels up to normal cured their symptoms, and very often just one dose was all that was needed to start the ovaries in woman or the gonads in the men to begin producing the normal amount.”

11. Aymen

Aymen Member

Thank you, is this from dr peat or a summary of a study?

12. Aymen

Aymen Member

congratulation for the second children and good luck in having the third :grin

13. HDD

HDD Member

These are notes I saved from interviews. Possibly from the three interviews he did about progesterone. I’m not sure how easy it would be to locate the source.

l-i-g-h-t.com used to have transcripts of all of Dr. Peat’s interviews. I’m not sure if this is accessible now. The interviews on progesterone were from 2012, Politics and Science.

14. Aymen

Aymen Member

nice, thank you for your effort, i will try to convince my mother about the danger of the IUDs so she can remove it, i hope that removing it will not cause her some problems.

15. HDD

HDD Member

I used one many, many years ago but I didn’t know anything about hormones back then so I wouldn’t have made the connection if I had any negative effects. My daughter had one a few years ago removed shortly after due to negative hormonal effects such as hair loss and weight gain.

16. Aymen

Aymen Member

so she removed it, my mother used and kept it for about 20 years and didn't remove it and now she is afraid if something happens to her if she removes it, she thinks it's too late to dot that.
    best to visit a doctor and ask him/her about her case?

17. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

18. OP
    YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy Member

“And they found that the men who suffered with health effects from a vasectomy had very low progesterone and that replacing their progesterone levels up to normal cured their symptoms, and very often just one dose was all that was needed to start the ovaries in woman or the gonads in the men to begin producing the normal amount.”

This is really intriguing. Maybe copper iud plus progesterone supplementation is the way to go?