Dandruff Overload

GorillaHead

I want to add once a week liver helps so much to making sure dandruff stays away. But the moment i miss a week it all comes back. Why is this? I mean do i really need that much retinol?

SamYo123

Dandruff is usually due to a poorly-functioning immune system. A common cause of that is a lack of zinc relative to copper. That's why Head and Shoulders shampoo works in many instances (it is rich in zinc).

Too much sugar can cause dandruff. Sugar does raise the metabolic rate, but at the same time, you are draining vitamins and minerals at a faster rate, so consuming a lot of sugar as Peat says will lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies unless you're eating a good amount of liver. But liver has more copper than liver, so it's not good for the zinc/copper situation.
So ya would have to go low carb/ Keto, then until the situation is fixed?

SamYo123

Just an update to my comment above re dandruff and estrogen. Everything that strongly reduces estrogen has stopped my dandruff. Extremely effective. I would say high estrogen is the key cause of dandruff now.
What mechanism does sugar cause estrogen to rise?

GorillaHead

Adding to this but ya calcium seems to make my dandruff insane! Wtf. Like insane! Its crazy how many annecdotes regarding this is out there.

People need to look into the mechanism of this

Last edited:

GorillaHead

I have more to add to this. Many people claim salt cures their seb derm. And interestingly enough calcium and sodium have an intricate relationship in the body. Perhaps high calcium means we need high sodium

L_C

Adding to this but ya calcium seems to make my dandruff insane! Wtf. Like insane! Its crazy how many annecdotes regarding this is out there.

People need to look into the mechanism of this
Have you had your PTH checked?

How are taking your calcium?...via dairy?

GorillaHead

Have you had your PTH checked?

How are taking your calcium?...via dairy?
Calcium carbonate. Didnt get my pth checked but since i started supplementint calcium. My serum calcium dropped dropped which good