Possibly Have PCOS, Supplement/diet Advice Please!

Tarmander

Thanks for sharing your friend's experience, it is difficult, I'm determined to stay away from it. Luckily ice cream is one of my only favorite things right now so I have that going for me, haha. I'll try to find another doctor that will prescribe cypro, my doctor just won't budge on letting me try it. :/

have you thought of ordering it online?

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

PCOS and heart disease is usually related to hypothyroidism but many doctors miss this. Do you feel chilled easily? Might be a good idea to get your morning temp before getting out of bed. This should give you a pretty good idea about how your thyroid is functioning. Your pulse won't be a good indicator due to the internal defibrillator. Idiopathic just means they didn't figure out the cause! OOOps. Always start with small doses of new things, for instance Pepcid says 20 mg but I'd err on the side of 10 mg to see how you react. As for thyroid glandular, I'm not a resident of the US so I don't know what you can get. I do know that American Biologics is nearly as strong as the prescription I get here in Canada. Mine is at least 6 times stronger. That being said, when you do find some start low for a week and increase slowly week by week. It takes around three weeks to determine the right dose for sure.

Here's a quote from Ray Peat's article on Heart and Hormones: Many children approaching puberty, as estrogen is increasing and interfering with thyroid function, have "growing pains," in which muscles become tense and sore after prolonged activity. When hypothyroidism is severe, it can cause myopathy, in which the painful swollen condition involves the leakage of muscle proteins (especially myoglobin) into the blood stream, allowing it to be diagnosed by a blood test. The combination of hypothyroidism with fatigue and stress can lead to the breakdown and death of muscle cells, rhabdomyolysis. I'd read some of his articles and the pieces of the puzzle will fall in to place.

Diet is huge in reversing damage. You can access the basics above in the resources section. Eat more approved fruits and increase your sugar intake in order to sleep better. Salt is important too. Be careful with the amount of plain water you drink. You need way less than you think. Make sure you get at least 80 gr. but closer to 100 grams of protein on a daily basis. You need good nutrition to have the energy to heal. Rest more if necessary. Don't expect overnight success, healing takes time. Cheers to great health!

Yes, I get cold much more easily than others and my morning temp is usually 98.1. I'm going to investigate thyroid supplements in the US as well as the PCOS/heart disease connection, my mom had both of these. Thank you so much for this, my doctor wanted me on 12.5mg of coreg (beta-blocker) 2x day, I felt awful and my BP/pulse went way down. I was on it for 6 years before I started changing my view about conventional medicine, it was hell coming off of it because I never knew what a normal pulse should feel like. Anyway, I'll up my protein, salt and sugar as much as my appetite will allow. Thanks again!

HLP

Read what Ray says about "learned helplessness" and the idea about being genetically predisposed. This will empower you to make your journey to optimal health without strings attached. Check out Haidut and Idealabs for thyroid help.

Pompadour

MCT oil can be better option then coconut oil , because it contains more capric acid (Decanoic acid). In one trial on rats they found the following:
In a letrozole-induced PCOS rat model, treatment with DA or metformin reduced serum-free testosterone, lowered fasting insulin, and restored estrous cyclicity. In addition, DA treatment lowered serum total testosterone and decreased HSD3B2 protein expression in the adrenals and ovaries. We conclude that DA inhibits androgen biosynthesis via mechanisms resulting in the suppression of HSD3B2 expression, an effect consistently observed both in vitro and in vivo. The efficacy of DA in reversing the endocrine and metabolic abnormalities of the letrozole-induced PCOS rat model are promising, raising the possibility that diets including DA could be beneficial for the management of both hyperandrogenism and insulin resistance in PCOS.
The link A Dietary Medium-Chain Fatty Acid, Decanoic Acid, Inhibits Recruitment of Nur77 to the HSD3B2 Promoter In Vitro and Reverses Endocrine and Metaboli... - PubMed - NCBI

They used decanoic acid precursor, glyceryl tridecanoate - 1g/kg twice daily. I don't know if it is equal to decanoic acid though. I am not good enough in reading such publications.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals