How Do I Get Back The Silk Straight Hair I Had When I Was On A Combination Birth Control?

megan17

Growing up I had curly frizzy unmanageable hair that I wore in a pony tail every day. After starting birth control (Wera norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol 0.5mg/0.035 mg) my hair became much silkier, straighter, and smoother. I was on birth control for two years but then stopped it because I thought it might be causing hair loss (also could have just been due to stress). After stopping BC I did not get a period for close to a year (my hair remained straight during that time). At that time I went to a naturopath who helped me get my period back. Once I started getting a period my hair returned to the curly frizzy unmanageable hair it once was. Is there a way to get the silk soft hair birth control gave me without going back on it??

baccheion

Growing up I had curly frizzy unmanageable hair that I wore in a pony tail every day. After starting birth control (Wera norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol 0.5mg/0.035 mg) my hair became much silkier, straighter, and smoother. I was on birth control for two years but then stopped it because I thought it might be causing hair loss (also could have just been due to stress). After stopping BC I did not get a period for close to a year (my hair remained straight during that time). At that time I went to a naturopath who helped me get my period back. Once I started getting a period my hair returned to the curly frizzy unmanageable hair it once was. Is there a way to get the silk soft hair birth control gave me without going back on it??
Thyroid/progesterone is associated with straighter hair in women, likely due to faster growth. Estrogen is associated with curly hair. In some, they have the opposite effect.

There are hair forums featuring the effects of MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C (4g:1g MSM:C). If you search for some of them, you can see effects and other stacks/treatments that have been tested.

Do you have any nutrient deficiencies?

OP
M

megan17

Thyroid/progesterone is associated with straighter hair in women, likely due to faster growth. Estrogen is associated with curly hair. In some, they have the opposite effect.

There are hair forums featuring the effects of MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C (4g:1g MSM:C). If you search for some of them, you can see effects and other stacks/treatments that have been tested.

Do you have any nutrient deficiencies?
Not that I know of. I take a multi vitamin, vitex, DIM, vitamin D, and fish oil. I also take supplemental progesterone during the second half of my cylce. Any supplement recommendations for MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C? Is that all one supplement? thanks for the help!

baccheion

Not that I know of. I take a multi vitamin, vitex, DIM, vitamin D, and fish oil. I also take supplemental progesterone during the second half of my cylce. Any supplement recommendations for MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C? Is that all one supplement? thanks for the help!
I'd say research the stack before considering, as it may be underwhelming or unlike what you're seeking. There are many forums with conversations about MSM and many anecdotes/reviews on Amazon.

MSM flakes (Happy Body, H2O Air Water Americas, msm-msm), Orgono Living Silica, and Doctor's Best Quali-C.

Add 1g MSM each week until taking 2g 2x/day. Some protocols go up to 10g 2x/day before dropping to maintenance (add 500-1,000 mcg molybdenum if taking this path, as it's needed for sulfur metabolism).

Off topic: did DIM affect you physically (ie, changing curves/shape or anything else)?

This forum seems to be anti-PUFA (ie, fish oil).

dreamcatcher

Fish oil is bad for you. It is best to get your nutrients from food.
Ray Peat talks about the detrimental effects of fish oil and he doesn't like MSM either.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Several postmenopausal women reported to me that eating even a spoon of gelatin a day returned their shiny, strong hair they had in their 20s. Some people experience the same when eating liver or taking biotin but so far the reports seem most consistent in regards to gelatin and I have some reports from men commenting on their shiny...chest hair...which apparently was noticed by people around them when they were at the pool/beach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom