tankasnowgod

I think alcohol would just make any bacterial or viral infection worse by increasing gut permeability. Alcohol probably just fools the body into thinking everything is ok since it raises GABA levels.

You are really overthinking my thought experiment.

Pope Tupung

What about music addiction?

Would a man deteriorate his health if he just quit and ignored the very intense cravings?

morgan#1

It might not be so easy to recover with the overeaters anonymous. Following their plan, they think sugar should be banned, and they have a grey (or some color) sheet, and it specifies what foods to eat and not eat. I’m sure it’s underfed. Most people would think I’m being brutal (but I think it’s brutally honest), a lot of them look so gaunt and unhealthy, especially when their older. It’s a shame though, it’s a huge organization that really wants to help others; and their bylaws free it from greed $.

Anyway, so it seems the OA recovery is sort of doomed from the get go. I’ve been to OA and so many people have slips, partly because their bodies won’t let them not have any sugar. I didn’t buy into their system, so I’m fully recovered. My mind is not, lol. But that’s society’s fault.

So I wonder if food addiction would be cured on its own. There’s a lot of variables to consider, stimulation to the mind, as in all drugs. And there’s the entertainment (food is fun, and friendly and it doesn’t talk back,) factor. There’s a lot of stigma, and body image. I would think that food addiction in this society and with these rules of society, might be tough to “grow out of”. Possibly in the future we’ll really know what chemicals are involved, and manipulate them.

But there was a point in any addiction where it’s no fun anymore, and food is the same. And you try earnestly. It takes bottoming out to finally finish it for good. But you can’t abstain from food as from other drugs.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

It might not be so easy to recover with the overeaters anonymous. Following their plan, they think sugar should be banned, and they have a grey (or some color) sheet, and it specifies what foods to eat and not eat. I’m sure it’s underfed. Most people would think I’m being brutal (but I think it’s brutally honest), a lot of them look so gaunt and unhealthy, especially when their older. It’s a shame though, it’s a huge organization that really wants to help others; and their bylaws free it from greed $.

Anyway, so it seems the OA recovery is sort of doomed from the get go. I’ve been to OA and so many people have slips, partly because their bodies won’t let them not have any sugar. I didn’t buy into their system, so I’m fully recovered. My mind is not, lol. But that’s society’s fault.

So I wonder if food addiction would be cured on its own. There’s a lot of variables to consider, stimulation to the mind, as in all drugs. And there’s the entertainment (food is fun, and friendly and it doesn’t talk back,) factor. There’s a lot of stigma, and body image. I would think that food addiction in this society and with these rules of society, might be tough to “grow out of”. Possibly in the future we’ll really know what chemicals are involved, and manipulate them.

But there was a point in any addiction where it’s no fun anymore, and food is the same. And you try earnestly. It takes bottoming out to finally finish it for good. But you can’t abstain from food as from other drugs.

I think the idea of "food addiction" is severely flawed, if not outright wrong. You could live a long, healthy life without drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or other substances that people get "addicted" to. Not possible to live long without food, unless you have really transcended far beyond a normal human existence.

I have a coworker that lost a serious amount of weight (well over 100 pounds, maybe over 200). He absolutely looks frail when I see him now, and looks to have aged 20-30 years in the span of less than a decade. The past week, I saw him walk with a cane. I don't think he's near as old as he now looks, and he did look much younger when he was really big.

As for what "chemicals" are involved, I think it's pretty obvious that two of the main things driving this disaster are industrial waste products fed to the general public in the form of high PUFA "vegetable" and fish oils (the biggest waste products from agriculture and maritime industries) and iron shrapnel (aka "iron fortification"). The first step is, let's stop deliberately poisoning people on a mass scale. That would solve a lot of problems.

morgan#1

Well I’m so glad you’ve never had a food addiction, per se. It’s not really the “food”. I would throw up 20 cups of pineapples, it’s the feeling that I’m completely distracting myself from my thoughts. And removing myself from anything that could hurt, feelings. And I’m destroying myself in the process

I do think, in retrospect, that it might be possible to grow out of, or something to that effect. But it would take 1. not repeating what I did and will do. Repetitive action, our brain loves that; then there’s “order”. Addiction is addiction. The issue with food IS the issue that we need it, and cannot do without it so our minds can regenerate healthy. I think it takes a lot of time and energy getting past an addiction. It seems that time apart is key.

I went to 2 inpatients, of my own accord. Did nothing. I continued for a long time, in my mind I’d stopped struggling, and just resigned myself to this dirty life, secrets, stealing. I’ve used a lot of alcohol. Did a lot of drugs (lsd, coke, mushrooms, ecstasy) in college. I’m not including weed, I picked that up later. Those things had their time and place. Food is a different animal for me. Pick your poison. We’re all different. But when you have anorexia/bulimia, that is a struggle I wouldn’t wish on my enemy. Some people have no problem with food, those people are lucky. But it all evens out. The issues we have they should be nameless, it’s our facing them that’s the crux

Last edited:

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I think if more people knew about progesterone, alcohol usage would drastically go down. Especially for the people who drink mainly to relieve stress as opposed to the people who drink to party. Alcohol is nothing but imitation progesterone if you think about it.
I feel this is so true. Women lose a lot of progesterone as they age and we hear so much about "wine" and not enough about what progesterone can do. Natural progesterone has helped me so much and stressful situation much better. Thank you for sharing this.

Hairfedup

Indeed. Not surprising to be honest. As we move toward a world filled with narcissist individuals [women in particular] rates of addiction will continue to sky rocket. Those who overcome addiction ultimately defeat the 'mother-god' be it subconsciously or consciously. Until then, the cognitive cycle is repeated in the form of a myriad of life-events. Life traps, some could say. I don't think it will get any better for our, or the next generations - in fact only worse.

Runenight201

A quote from Ray

Ray peat, spiking drinks before it was taboo to do so.

I'm not suggesting anyone attempt to treat a bacterial infection with a liter of vodka a day. But, alcohol does have antibacterial properties. I don't know how effective it would be, but it could certainly have an effect against some types of infections or bacteria. It would certainly take a toll on a person. My point is that there is likely some benefit to "addiction," even if comes with a heavy price to other aspects of health and life.

Anyway, people have tried more extreme measures on their own.... Man drinks gasoline for 42 years|OfChina|chinadaily.com.cn

I can feel the anti-bacterial effects of alcohol, and it’s quite nice. Anyone who takes a shot whiskey can feel the burning sensation as it goes down the throat, and then when it drops into the stomach, there is a warm spread of comfort as the alcohol does its work. It quickly eases any stomach upset or pain and can even push off hunger.

American food preparers know how to combine sugar, salt, and flavorings to produce a literal drug like opiate response to food consumption.

I had Taco Bell, and upon biting into the seasoned taco shell, I immediately felt drugged, like I had taken an painkiller, which was then followed by anxiety and overstimulation.

The next morning, I was preparing ground beef tacos, and used some jarred salsa from the store. Upon biting into the salsa, I had the exact same drug like response to it. I thus concluded that we are drugging our population at large with tbe combination of salt and flavorings to make the food taste extra good, possibly resulting in the plethora of mood disorders and addictions as well.

Aside from severe physiological disorders, I believe addiction can purely be cured from a physiological standpoint, as it’s quite possible to feel incredibly good from just proper nutrition, and people aren’t able to feel that way from the food they eat, and so turn to abusing alcohol and drugs.

lampofred

Indeed. Not surprising to be honest. As we move toward a world filled with narcissist individuals [women in particular] rates of addiction will continue to sky rocket. Those who overcome addiction ultimately defeat the 'mother-god' be it subconsciously or consciously. Until then, the cognitive cycle is repeated in the form of a myriad of life-events. Life traps, some could say. I don't think it will get any better for our, or the next generations - in fact only worse.

Defeat the mother-god?? What??

What does addiction have to do with narcissism?

And not to be some white knight but plenty of men are just as narcissistic as women (if not more so). It's just that for women, it's usually in terms of weight and skin, for men it's in terms of muscle, hair, money.

And some degree of narcissism is probably healthy as long as you don't raise yourself at the expense of others imo.

But maybe the fact that I reacted so much to this post means that deep down I know I am a narcissist...

Hairfedup

Defeat the mother-god?? What??

What does addiction have to do with narcissism?

And not to be some white knight but plenty of men are just as narcissistic as women (if not more so). It's just that for women, it's usually in terms of weight and skin, for men it's in terms of muscle, hair, money.

And some degree of narcissism is probably healthy as long as you don't raise yourself at the expense of others imo.

But maybe the fact that I reacted so much to this post means that deep down I know I am a narcissist...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals