Idea Labs Supplements To Lower Trait Agreeableness?

Opioidus

Interesting post thanks. Though I found it strange that cocaine did not give you what you were after. Had a friend on ritalin and it made him exactly how you say you want to be. Didnt take ***t from no one. Its possible his serotonin levels were in the right spot and he just needed the dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake inhibition to actualize.

I think a good part could be the fact that excess serotonin reduces empathy. I think a good word to describe what you seek is disinhibition.

American College of Emergency Physicians

"Serotonin imbalance has been described as the impetus for disinhibition and the inability to control socially unacceptable behavior."

Article talks about paradoxical disinhibition from benzodiazepines and its suspected to be related to serotonin "imbalance" (probably excess).

Paradoxical disinhibition - Wikipedia

"It is thought that blockage of presynasptic GABA receptors of GABAergic neurons induce stimulation as a net effect, because the action of the most powerful inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA, is blocked.[3]"

NMDA antagonists seem to reverse it. So clearly NMDA is doing something here as well. Something for you to look into. Perhaps NMDA hypofunction?

Consolidation of fear extinction requires NMDA receptor-dependent bursting in the ventromedial prefrontal cortex. - PubMed - NCBI

NMDA receptors and fear extinction: implications for cognitive behavioral therapy. - PubMed - NCBI
This absolutely confirms my experiences with benzos made me more docile. I think people often mistake being confident and outgoing with being able to appear like a jerk. I'm usually confident and outgoing, I always rate very high on extroversion tests, but firing someone or protesting minor injustices or what you aptly called disinhibition of socially unacceptable behavior(or even just mean behavior) goes against my very being. I would rather endure a significant amount of pain instead of doing that.

Cocaine gave me a lot of energy and made me extra talkative but I still let the guy to cut in front of me on the road. On venlafaxine I acted like a psychopath, not felt, I felt even more anxious, but I completely disregarded my feelings and acted on status. Whatever challenged my status even slightly I immediately engaged it with open aggression. In fact sometimes it felt I was going out of my way to grt challenged so I can assert myself.

I've tried memantine as well, it does eliminate fear and anxiety a lot but it still didn't give me the drive to assert myself, not at all. That's why I say it's not a fear of fear but a lack of mental energy of sorts.

redsun

This absolutely confirms my experiences with benzos made me more docile. I think people often mistake being confident and outgoing with being able to appear like a jerk. I'm usually confident and outgoing, I always rate very high on extroversion tests, but firing someone or protesting minor injustices or what you aptly called disinhibition of socially unacceptable behavior(or even just mean behavior) goes against my very being. I would rather endure a significant amount of pain instead of doing that.

Cocaine gave me a lot of energy and made me extra talkative but I still let the guy to cut in front of me on the road. On venlafaxine I acted like a psychopath, not felt, I felt even more anxious, but I completely disregarded my feelings and acted on status. Whatever challenged my status even slightly I immediately engaged it with open aggression. In fact sometimes it felt I was going out of my way to grt challenged so I can assert myself.

I've tried memantine as well, it does eliminate fear and anxiety a lot but it still didn't give me the drive to assert myself, not at all. That's why I say it's not a fear of fear but a lack of mental energy of sorts.

Yeh benzos make most people docile via gaba, but in some cases the opposite happened (which shouldnt happen) despite the fact that gaba should make the benzo patient more inhibited. So they also needed to antagonize NMDA in these disinhibited patients to successfully sedate them. So I am saying things like memantine would do the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

Thats why I am suggesting perhaps NMDA agonism or dealing with possible NMDA hypofunction may be part of the answer.

Opioidus

Yeh benzos make most people docile via gaba, but in some cases the opposite happened (which shouldnt happen) despite the fact that gaba should make the benzo patient more inhibited. So they also needed to antagonize NMDA in these disinhibited patients to successfully sedate them. So I am saying things like memantine would do the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

Thats why I am suggesting perhaps NMDA agonism or dealing with possible NMDA hypofunction may be part of the answer.
Oh okay sorry, so what substances woukd you suggest?

redsun

Oh okay sorry, so what substances woukd you suggest?

No problem, you just misunderstood my post.

NMDA agonism via supplementing sarcosine and D-aspartic acid. You can search online for more info about them.

Also good protein intake in the diet is necessary because glutamate and glycine are both necessary for NMDA and a few other amino acids help agonize NMDA.

Opioidus

No problem, you just misunderstood my post.

NMDA agonism via supplementing sarcosine and D-aspartic acid. You can search online for more info about them.

Also good protein intake in the diet is necessary because glutamate and glycine are both necessary for NMDA and a few other amino acids help agonize NMDA.

I have some sarcosine laying around, I've taken doses of less than one gram brfore. It only gave me a slight boost in energy. I've never tried D aspartic acid, will add that to my shopping list. I already take amino pills and one scoop of whey.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom