Jordan Peterson In Rehab

thomas00

If a person really is so weak in the mind that they cannot stop using something then they are too dangerous to exist in society and need serious psychological help to learn to control themselves.

the topic of this thread is probably the best example you'll ever get of the vacuity of 'psychological help'

yerrag

the topic of this thread is probably the best example you'll ever get of the vacuity of 'psychological help'

Considering how much less subjective medical/health topics are mired in falsehood and still manage to escape the clarity of well-educated minds, merely by the weight of marketing methods, such as brute force advertising and repetitive reinforcement in academia and medical associations, and how the inane and the unsound gets legitimized, and put on a pedestal, it becomes natural that psychiatry and its equivocations manage to lead many minds towards guiding their patients to the road to perdition.

aquaman

This goes to show that eating nothing but meat doesn't make you a superman or immune to effects of stress and depression. On the contrary probably. Both Mikhaila and Jordan have told that eating this way cured them of all their health problems at first. Stress hormones will catch up to them eventually.

Yes!

thomas00

Rehab centres are disaster capitalism in action

The free ones are a modern replacement for abusive state boarding schools

tankasnowgod

I most certainly would find being with my family beneficial in such a process, instead of fleeing to rehab. Especially when they are amazing people like Mikhaila and his wife.

Mikhaila stated in her video that part of the reason he checked himself into rehab was to not stress his wife out (she talks about this at the three minute mark). Are you implying, or outright stating, that considering the needs of your family makes you less of a man? That the only way to be a man is to subject loved ones to your suffering, and make them suffer in the process?

rei

Yes, they saw you when you were on those pills, they need to see you come off.

aussiebaldguy

He spends his life in confrontation. Probably doing drugs so he can suppress his emotions and maintain rational discourse. He needs a holiday, make travel videos. He is paying a price standing up to madness.

DaveFoster

Before watching the video I would have bet that it had something to do with him beeing on an SSRI, but I was a little surprised that it was Clonazepam that gave him the issues . After looking it up ,I know now ,it works through raising GABA levels, which is pretty peaty I would say.
It seems to have strong dependency potential in some people, though.
I had to think of Phenibut that also raises GABA levels and I remember from researching it a few years ago that some people said it was hell to get off of it . I actually use it from time to time ,so occasional use is no problem at all and probably elongates your life span through stress reduction .
Nevertheless , all good to him and his family! It's alsways sad to know that all of this could have been prevented or treated (better) if they were following a peaty lifestyle, or take some anti-serotonin medication instead of Clonazepam.
Benzodiazepine users have greater chances of developing dementia over the long-term, and the risk increases in step with longer-acting benzodiazepines, as well as for a greater cumulative total dosage consumed. In other words, the greater the blood level and longer duration that you have a benzodiazepine circulating in your body, the higher the chance of becoming demented later on in life.

Risk of Dementia in Long-Term Benzodiazepine Users: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies

Background and Purpose
There is conflicting evidence in the literature on the association between benzodiazepines (BDZs) and the risk of dementia. This meta-analysis aimed to determine the relationship between the long-term usage of BDZs and the risk of dementia.

Methods
The PubMed and Embase databases were systematically searched for relevant publications up to September 2017. The literature search focused on observational studies that analyzed the relationship between the long-term use of BDZs and the risk of dementia. Pooled rate ratios (RRs) with 95% confidence interval (CI) were assessed using a random-effects model. The robustness of the results was checked by performing subgroup and sensitivity analyses.

Results
Ten studies were included: six case–control and four cohort studies. The pooled RR for developing dementia was 1.51 (95% CI=1.17–1.95, p=0.002) in patients taking BDZ. The risk of dementia was higher in patients taking BDZs with a longer half-life (RR=1.16, 95% CI=0.95–1.41, p=0.150) and for a longer time (RR=1.21, 95% CI=1.04–1.40, p=0.016).

Conclusions
This meta-analysis that pooled ten studies has shown that BDZ significantly increases the risk of dementia in the elderly population. The risk is higher in patients taking BDZ with a longer half-life (>20 hours) and for a longer duration (>3 years).

Wendy B

Uh, no. And, you should be careful, because you sound absolutely paranoid, and posts like these make people very wary of your overall contributions. I say that as a favor to you. You sound ignorant right now. I'd hate to recommend someone read this board or your content, and then come across something as ridiculous as the above.

Clonazepam is very safe, and very useful. It was developed as an epilepsy medication. It is prescribed off label for just about everything else. It's easy to come off clonazepam. It is not a dirty drug. It's very "clean".

This is the best benzo for general use. End of story.

It's definitely not the "end of the story" unfortunately...I encourage you and anyone who is taking a benzo or has a loved one who is taking one, to check out the Benzo Information Coalition, created by those harmed by benzos, including clonazepam (Klonopin) to spread awareness of the myths around and potential harm from these medications - taken exactly as prescribed and never abused. Most of us took our meds exactly as prescribed, never got high or abused them. Withdrawals can be horrific and dangerous and should be tapered extraordinarily slowly. (See Heather Ashton Manual). Many of us years after taking them are suffering "post withdrawal syndromes" with devastating life consequences. Have a peak at this video posted by B.I.c. and please watch all the way through.... Oh, and please do not cold turkey or rapid taper. I was fine doing that for years until one day straw broke camels back. See Heather Ashton for extremely slow tapers...

ArtIt

I have had for many years problems with alcohol. I did not go to rehabs, or doctors. But I have wasted a lot of time and money for my love for wine and beer. Eventually, I have overcome the addiction, but it took me 6 years of trying to drink just one drink a day. Sometimes I still got drunk, but on average the alcohol consumption became so low, that my brain did not need it anymore. Interesting was that I stopped thinking about the alcohol, and about the joys and problems it brought. I do not crave it anymore, nor I consider it as a poison. I just don't waste my time anymore thinking about it.

tankasnowgod

He spends his life in confrontation. Probably doing drugs so he can suppress his emotions and maintain rational discourse. He needs a holiday, make travel videos. He is paying a price standing up to madness.
He was specifically prescribed those drugs because of the stressor that was his wife's six month cancer and treatment ordeal.

Taotatoes

If only people could/would try an appropriate strain of cannabis and/or therapeutic psilocybin first before resorting to addictive poisonous pharmaceuticals. :greedy:

Runenight201

If only people could/would try an appropriate strain of cannabis and/or therapeutic psilocybin first before resorting to addictive poisonous pharmaceuticals. :greedy:

Jordan Peterson has talked extensively about the mystery between the alleviation of addiction and hallucegenic experiences. Perhaps he has/is/will consider this option.

boris

Empathy is not VG's stronger side but he does bring up a few fair points in this video, something is not quite right about the Petersons.

Lol, what's up with his arm in the end :hilarious:? Synthol?

idrf4cgvxjzn.jpg

ampersand

That sounds like food to me. :)

I'm very glad that several people I care about have been willing to go to doctors and hospital when they've needed to - otherwise some of them wouldn't still be around.

Peat's and other ideas may be able to tip the odds, but expecting to be able to completely avoid or heal every health challenge is a lot more confident than I would be.

Sometimes severe depression or anxiety is or seems like an emergency. They can sometimes be acutely life-threatening. I'm not recommending the pharma drugs, but I understand people reaching for help.

Knowing the causes doesn't always provide a solution that someone in depression or anxiety has the resources to resolve.
Sometimes people are in situations of real or apparent inescapable stress, with inadequate resources to lift themselves out.
Nobody (including any of us) is omniscient, and there are often factors we know nothing about with regard to other people's situations, let alone all the uncertainties in the science. Being misinformed isn't stupid; it's inevitable that all of us will be misinformed about some things.

I don't think it's fair or respectful or helpful to attack anyone for their health struggles.