Jordan Peterson In Rehab

Korven

Empathy is not VG's stronger side but he does bring up a few fair points in this video, something is not quite right about the Petersons.

lampofred

Man WTF that thumbnail terrified me. Literally my heart started pounding and I had to turn the light on in my room. That is some horror movie sh*t.

sunraiser

He strikes me as the kind of guy that could turn into a hitler type character if he got the chance.

The guy has absolutely no ability to feel empathy - but that's probably partly a side effect of the drugs if they've been longterm.

Hugh Johnson

Mikhailas story is still very impressive that she was basicly a walking corpse for the first 20 years of her life who was taking 10 different meds including adderal and SSRIs and cortisol and what else and she dropped all of them and healed herself with the beef only diet. That's remarkable and i don't think i've ever heard such a success story from Peat world.
It's impressive, but not that uncommon. It's just that people who listen to MDs rarely get better. Nathan Hatch was dying of cancer before he found Peat, and I too would probably be dead or worse had I not found Peat.

Kartoffel

He strikes me as the kind of guy that could turn into a hitler type character if he got the chance.

The guy has absolutely no ability to feel empathy - but that's probably partly a side effect of the drugs if they've been longterm.

He surely would take care of all the "bloody Marxists" he sees behind every corner.

thomas00

Empathy is not VG's stronger side but he does bring up a few fair points in this video, something is not quite right about the Petersons.

yikes!

hopefully his greatest contribution will be damaging psychology's undeserved reputation

GreekDemiGod

This goes to show that eating nothing but meat doesn't make you a superman or immune to effects of stress and depression. On the contrary probably. Both Mikhaila and Jordan have told that eating this way cured them of all their health problems at first. Stress hormones will catch up to them eventually.
Exactly, I remember reading how JP got off all antidepressants because of the Carnivore Diet.
This is a blow to their community.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Exactly, I remember reading how JP got off all antidepressants because of the Carnivore Diet.
This is a blow to their community.
Yes. It doesn’t seem like anyone is shouting from the rooftops that he ended up back on meds and in rehab. I’m sure the situation was pretty stressful but it does blow the image created around carnivore about it being so helpful for mental issues.

sunraiser

He surely would take care of all the "bloody Marxists" he sees behind every corner.

According to the UK media you're a marxist-stalinist-leninist traitor if you don't want a no deal brexit - perhaps peterson is onto something.

Sativa

the image created around carnivore about it being so helpful for mental issues
hilarious, people actually believe this? ... I suppose people are free to believe anything they choose! Vegans still believe peanut butter/nuts/seeds gifts them with sufficient protein, whilst others believe they absolutely need a minimum amount of protein... others even believe glyphosate & fluoride are harmless, estrogen is beneficial, fish oils are a miracle supplement, eating meat is absolutely immoral & 'anti-environmental', iron oxide fortified grains are good for you, or even a keto (aka cortisol) diet is the best thing since electricity (they are probably just high from the adrenaline rush & catabolic processes which likely produce endorphins/endocannabinoids to numb them to the inner-cannibalism taking place) ... essentially anything authoritative entities spew, there will be people who will eagerly subscribe to and believe it.

This actually cues me to create a thread to address one of the core aspects of a Peat approach - the consumption of damp/mucus forming foods - notably sugar & dairy.

In more advanced systems, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, they take into account the underlying non-physical nature of foods and flavours, as well as the non-physical dynamic occurring in the human body. This allows a TCM-inspired approach with greater insight, foresight and strategical aptitude compared to a purely physical approach (i'm aware that Peat mentions/factors in the energetic aspects of the organism, so do I)

Last edited:

lampofred

hilarious, people actually believe this? ...

people are just doing their best to do what they think is right

anyone who hasn't read RP articles is probably thinking the same thing about us when we say sugar is healthy and starch is not

Sativa

is probably thinking the same thing about us when we say sugar is healthy and starch is not
I am fully in accordance with Peat's fundamental tenants.
But, as mentioned in my post edit above, the liberal use of sugar is irresponsible & self-sabotage without taking the necessary TCM counter-measures. TCM is strategic in the sense that it factors in the non-physical nature of sugar, where-as most western minded & physical-orientated would have no CLUE if you mentioned that sugar & dairy have a damp energetic quality to them, but that's mostly due to social and cultural conditioning.

A healthy dose of TCM principles would more than complement a Peat approach, and the TCM aspect would more than illuminate any issues that might arise. It's a far better diagnostic tool than just the basic physical approach (ie blood tests etc).

Perhaps i'm not on of those extreme Peat followers, since I just ate some boiled, then oven roasted Yam...

Last edited:

Sheik

I'm interested in the idea of a beef-based elimination diet. I bet you could learn a lot from that.

I wonder how Jordan and Mikhaila would react to pure white sugar. Or a pure calcium supplement. They said they couldn't handle greens... I wonder if they could handle kale broth.

Arnold Grape

I'm interested in the idea of a beef-based elimination diet. I bet you could learn a lot from that.

I wonder how Jordan and Mikhaila would react to pure white sugar. Or a pure calcium supplement. They said they couldn't handle greens... I wonder if they could handle kale broth.
There is a clip where JP talks about taking a sip of apple cider and then feeling some type of earth shattering low for several days. Let’s face it: none of this stuff is easy. Probably, dietary considerations go a long distance, although not every ailment is going to be solved with food or the lack thereof. My own observations tell me that despite talking it up, JP’s presentation while prattling about an all meat diet did not strike me as very convincing. Although, to be fair, I think the same thing about Roddy, so whatever. Let’s wish JP well in lieu of trying to be right about whose diet is best.

Nebula

Nathan Hatch was dying of cancer before he found Peat, and I too would probably be dead or worse had I not found Peat.
It came out on a Ray Peat Facebook group a year ago or so that Nathan never had cancer. Peat’s work just helped him improve his health. Diet Gurus and self help psychologists like Jordan Peterson are all prone to exaggerating how their ideas helped them personally. I’ve caught myself doing it. It’s a really easy habit to fall into, I guess to boost your reputation and self esteem. It takes a lot of humility and accountability to admit it.

yerrag

people are just doing their best to do what they think is right

anyone who hasn't read RP articles is probably thinking the same thing about us when we say sugar is healthy and starch is not

Listening to someone whose expertise lies elsewhere is unhealthful. JP knows his subject matter, but knows just enough to be dangerous when it comes to biochemical and physiological matters. He gets serotonin wrong so I've taking his carnivore ideas seriously. He took harmful mess and he messed himself up, but that's not surprising given his belief in the mainstream dogma of serotonin and of the happy hormone idea of it.

JP survived and when he's back he should have learned this lesson the hard way.

If he should double down on his mistake, then he will have lost any credibility.

opson123

hilarious, people actually believe this? ... I suppose people are free to believe anything they choose! Vegans still believe peanut butter/nuts/seeds gifts them with sufficient protein, whilst others believe they absolutely need a minimum amount of protein... others even believe glyphosate & fluoride are harmless, estrogen is beneficial, fish oils are a miracle supplement, eating meat is absolutely immoral & 'anti-environmental', iron oxide fortified grains are good for you, or even a keto (aka cortisol) diet is the best thing since electricity (they are probably just high from the adrenaline rush & catabolic processes which likely produce endorphins/endocannabinoids to numb them to the inner-cannibalism taking place) ... essentially anything authoritative entities spew, there will be people who will eagerly subscribe to and believe it.

This actually cues me to create a thread to address one of the core aspects of a Peat approach - the consumption of damp/mucus forming foods - notably sugar & dairy.

In more advanced systems, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, they take into account the underlying non-physical nature of foods and flavours, as well as the non-physical dynamic occurring in the human body. This allows a TCM-inspired approach with greater insight, foresight and strategical aptitude compared to a purely physical approach (i'm aware that Peat mentions/factors in the energetic aspects of the organism, so do I)
How are dampening foods negated/countered according to TCM? Just by not consuming those foods?

tankasnowgod

This goes to show that eating nothing but meat doesn't make you a superman or immune to effects of stress and depression. On the contrary probably. Both Mikhaila and Jordan have told that eating this way cured them of all their health problems at first. Stress hormones will catch up to them eventually.

Well, I'm no fan of the carnivore diet, but Mikhalia stated that Jordan's wife got a serious cancer diagnosis, had a kidney removed, and then experienced complications for months. I don't care what diet you are on, anyone who has to deal with an experience like that is going to be dealing with some serious stress hormones and depression.

thomas00

I am fully in accordance with Peat's fundamental tenants.
But, as mentioned in my post edit above, the liberal use of sugar is irresponsible & self-sabotage without taking the necessary TCM counter-measures

that is very silly

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals