Jordan Peterson In Rehab

LucyL

So they had to come to the States to heal Mom, and Dad. Because our healthcare is so in need of complete government takeover. It needs a lot of help, sure, but not Canada style.

Mauritio

Before watching the video I would have bet that it had something to do with him beeing on an SSRI, but I was a little surprised that it was Clonazepam that gave him the issues . After looking it up ,I know now ,it works through raising GABA levels, which is pretty peaty I would say.
It seems to have strong dependency potential in some people, though.
I had to think of Phenibut that also raises GABA levels and I remember from researching it a few years ago that some people said it was hell to get off of it . I actually use it from time to time ,so occasional use is no problem at all and probably elongates your life span through stress reduction .
Nevertheless , all good to him and his family! It's alsways sad to know that all of this could have been prevented or treated (better) if they were following a peaty lifestyle, or take some anti-serotonin medication instead of Clonazepam.

Last edited:

Dobbler

Nothing against these guys and Mikhaila seems like a very good person , haven't watched any Jordans videos. But to point out, i think the whole family is on carnivore diet.

According to Mazard, Jordan Peterson and his wife Tammy adopted the carnivore diet - where they only consume beef, salt, and water - on the advice of their daughter Mikhaila, who says it's cured a range of ailments she has suffered from, including autoimmune disorders and depression

This goes to show that eating nothing but meat doesn't make you a superman or immune to effects of stress and depression. On the contrary probably. Both Mikhaila and Jordan have told that eating this way cured them of all their health problems at first. Stress hormones will catch up to them eventually.

Mauritio

Nothing against these guys and Mikhaila seems like a very good person , haven't watched any Jordans videos. But to point out, i think the whole family is on carnivore diet.

According to Mazard, Jordan Peterson and his wife Tammy adopted the carnivore diet - where they only consume beef, salt, and water - on the advice of their daughter Mikhaila, who says it's cured a range of ailments she has suffered from, including autoimmune disorders and depression

This goes to show that eating nothing but meat doesn't make you a superman or immune to effects of stress and depression. On the contrary probably. Both Mikhaila and Jordan have told that eating this way cured them of all their health problems at first. Stress hormones will catch up to them eventually.
I think the carnivore diet helped them because of the reduction in serotonin they get from that . And they all had issues with depression ,which is clearly related to high serotonin levels...

So they had to come to the States to heal Mom, and Dad. Because our healthcare is so in need of complete government takeover. It needs a lot of help, sure, but not Canada style.

Fair play, but the US has always had the best private healthcare. Those who complain come at it from an angle of affordability.

Peterson was always going to run into some issues on long term cow muscle meat + salt + water, but his career is what's primarily to blame for his current state.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Before watching the video I would have bet that it had something to do with him beeing on an SSRI, but I was a little surprised that it was Clonazepam that gave him the issues . After looking it up ,I know now ,it works through raising GABA levels, which is pretty peaty I would say.
It seems to have strong dependency potential in some people, though.
I had to think of Phenibut that also raises GABA levels and I remember from researching it a few years ago that some people said it was hell to get off of it . I actually use it from time to time ,so occasional use is no problem at all and probably elongates your life span through stress reduction .
Nevertheless , all good to him and his family! It's alsways sad to know that all of this could have been prevented or treated (better) if they were following a peaty lifestyle, or take some anti-serotonin medication instead of Clonazepam.

Clonazepam is one of the most dangerous drugs you can use. It is known even in pharma circles as a "dirty drug" - i.e. not really justified for human use unless the person is terminally ill and long term health is not a concern. It is virtually impossible to withdraw from. Just Google for "clonazepam withdrawal Youtube" (no quotes when you search) and you will see what I mean. It was developed as a more addictive version of Valium/Xanax since the pharma companies thought those older drugs were not drawing in enough patients-for-life (i.e. addicts).

Dobbler

I think the carnivore diet helped them because of the reduction in serotonin they get from that . And they all had issues with depression ,which is clearly related to high serotonin levels...
It probably lowered their endotoxin, but they will crash sooner or later somehow, seems like Jordan already had a minicrash. Mikhaila is making big bank with her carnivore coaching atm. Unless she starts introducing carbs to her diet soon, house of cards will collapse eventually.

Mauritio

It probably lowered their endotoxin, but they will crash sooner or later somehow, seems like Jordan already had a minicrash. Mikhaila is making big bank with her carnivore coaching atm. Unless she starts introducing carbs to her diet soon, house of cards will collapse eventually.
YES , I think so too. Its still good that it recues their sertonin but overall still a bad diet in my opinion.

Mauritio

Clonazepam is one of the most dangerous drugs you can use. It is known even in pharma circles as a "dirty drug" - i.e. not really justified for human use unless the person is terminally ill and long term health is not a concern. It is virtually impossible to withdraw from. Just Google for "clonazepam withdrawal Youtube" (no quotes when you search) and you will see what I mean. It was developed as a more addictive version of Valium/Xanax since the pharma companies thought those older drugs were not drawing in enough patients-for-life (i.e. addicts).
Wow , I didnt know that , I believe you,though. Wikipedia makes it sound a bit less dramatic , I recall them stating that "only" 1/3 of the people having withdrawal symptoms...

Dobbler

Mikhailas story is still very impressive that she was basicly a walking corpse for the first 20 years of her life who was taking 10 different meds including adderal and SSRIs and cortisol and what else and she dropped all of them and healed herself with the beef only diet. That's remarkable and i don't think i've ever heard such a success story from Peat world.

Sativa

Clonazepam is one of the most dangerous drugs you can use. It is known even in pharma circles as a "dirty drug" - i.e. not really justified for human use unless the person is terminally ill and long term health is not a concern. It is virtually impossible to withdraw from.

Perhaps, a viable strategy & solution (for general withdrawal) would be to employ a synergistic variety of pharmacological mechanisms, known to reset drug tolerances & effectively dampen patterning associated with 'drug-habituation'.

Iboga possess many of these mechanisms, but legality is an issue. Iboga 'pushes' the user to face their emotional/mental 'issues', whilst performing the necessary physical rewiring. It's ideal for heroin 'addicts'... (but i doubt the iboga clinics use Peat-style substances to strengthen metabolism!)
(NMDA antagonism is a prime approach for dampening the neuro-patterns of 'drug-habituation'. Ketamine/memantine are also useful tools for resetting accumulated drug tolerances. Ketamine promotes neurogenesis via mTOR)

Perhaps a more OTC approach would involve:
  • Agmatine (NMDA antagonist, neurogenesis via mTOR, allopregnanolone increase, Opioid potentiation, cannabinoid potentiation)
  • Palmitoylethanolamide (endocannabinoid properties, allopregnanolone increase, PPAR involvement)
  • Magnesium (NMDA antagonist etc)
  • Memantine (alpha 7 NACh antagonist, D2 agonist)
  • GABA Positive Allosteric Modulator's (PAM) (many to choose from, including essential oils)
  • Blue Lotus/Corydalis Yanhusuo (upregulates & balances the dopamine system)
  • Optional: KOR agonist - this stimulates upregulation of the D2 reward system. the dysphoria/fear from Kappa 'receptor stimulation' might be OTT/undesirable though... (eg Hesperidin, Menthol)
  • Some typical Peat-style substances to block cortisol/serotonin, promote ATP/mitochondria etc

• ...and strong potent will-power!

Last edited:

Inspired

Uh, no. And, you should be careful, because you sound absolutely paranoid, and posts like these make people very wary of your overall contributions. I say that as a favor to you. You sound ignorant right now. I'd hate to recommend someone read this board or your content, and then come across something as ridiculous as the above.

Clonazepam is very safe, and very useful. It was developed as an epilepsy medication. It is prescribed off label for just about everything else. It's easy to come off clonazepam. It is not a dirty drug. It's very "clean".

This is the best benzo for general use. End of story.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Uh, no. And, you should be careful, because you sound absolutely paranoid, and posts like these make people very wary of your overall contributions. I say that as a favor to you. You sound ignorant right now. I'd hate to recommend someone read this board or your content, and then come across something as ridiculous as the above.

Clonazepam is very safe, and very useful. It was developed as an epilepsy medication. It is prescribed off label for just about everything else. It's easy to come off clonazepam. It is not a dirty drug. It's very "clean".

"All benzodiazepines have a great risk of tolerance, dependence, and addiction, but Klonopin is among the most addictive."
Source

trump_ban_hammer.jpg

sunraiser

Any drug that plays with neurochemical levels is harming you.

Your body is keeping the best equilibrium it can with the available resources and hormonal profile. Sometimes that means anhedonia and lack of motivation.

If you force your body to produce or prevent reputake of certain chemicals you're eventually going to hit pain and trouble.

jyb

This reminds me of pregabalin (lyrica), but it is not a benzo. The side effects can be worse than those from hardcore opioid abuse - I have read accounts of permanent side effects and suicide after only a few weeks use on physician prescribed doses.

I wonder why this gaba drug is so dangerous. The anti-anxiety effects from the first few doses are truly *amazing*, I do understand why it is prescribed.

jyb

Perhaps, a viable strategy & solution (for general withdrawal) would be to employ a synergistic variety of pharmacological mechanisms, known to reset drug tolerances & effectively dampen patterning associated with 'drug-habituation'.

It's common for addiction sufferers to develop such a cocktail to help taper, often with items like on your list. It can be tricky when the items also induce addiction so you can end up worse, take for example the gaba drug pregabalin (lyrica) attractive for managing withdrawals due to its effective anti-anxiety effect (initially).

tankasnowgod

Well, Stevie Nicks would disagree with you. In her own words, she said that Klonopin was more deadly than cocaine-

Also, your claim that it's "easy" to come of clonazepam (or any other Benzo) runs counter to every story I've ever heard of someone who tried to come off of those types of drugs. I remember reading years ago about copywriter Gary Halbert's horrifying experience detoxing from Xanax, and that has stuck with me ever since-

The Gary Halbert Letter

And the website he recommends, which states in no uncertain terms "Abrupt cessation of benzodiazepines may be very dangerous."

Welcome to benzo.org.uk : Main Page

Nothing about that suggests that any Benzo is "safe," "clean," or "easy to come off."

Sativa

It's common for addiction sufferers to develop such a cocktail to help taper, often with items like on your list. It can be tricky when the items also induce addiction so you can end up worse
- which is why I specifically listed those items in my list, since they do not cause addiction, in the sense of a dependence.
The whole point is that they are 'anti-addictive', by virtue of the pharmacological mechanisms by which they function. I would suggest you familiarise yourself with pharmacology & biochemistry, if you want to make more sense of my previous post.
...take for example the gaba drug pregabalin (lyrica) attractive for managing withdrawals due to its effective anti-anxiety effect (initially).
Pregabalin (lyrica) is an absolutely abysmal choice of drug, and it is as badly designed as Phenibut, another notorious GABA-related drug which can lead to problematic states of addiction and withdrawal.

The benefits of a GABA PAM avoid this - PAM means Positive Allosteric Modulator, and it implies a sustainable mechanism by which the GABA signal is enhanced, without causing the same withdrawal/addictive potential as typical GABA-ergic drugs like Phenibut, Pregabalin or Benzo's.

The classic Peat substance 'Allopregnanolone' act's as a GABA PAM:
Allopregnanolone is a positive allosteric modulator of the GABA-A receptor, and as such, its neuroprotective effects may be related to its ability to attenuate excitotoxicity associated with brain injury or insult.
Alternatively, you can use substance like Theanine, which causes the body to produce more GABA 'receptors' (by a process called 'upregulation'). Theanine also activates BDNF - a neuroprotectant (just like progesterone) as well as GDNF and possibly NGF.
...progesterone is protective; the regulation of BDNF may be a key mediator of such protection. Progesterone regulates not just the intracellular content of BDNF (mRNA and protein), an effect mediated by the classical progesterone receptor, but is also capable of promoting the release of BDNF through activation of a putative membrane progesterone receptor.

Last edited:

Sativa

Ironically, from my pharmacological & biochemical perspective, I can't honestly say that any synthetic benzo is advisable, nor fit for human use. It would be easy to recreate such an effect, in a far more sustainable way, using entirely natural substances; the main advantage being avoidance of harsh benzo side effects and, as mentioned by various posters here - withdrawal.

[off topic]
I think the user 'Inspired' is either a shill for big pharma, or has entirely bought into the big pharma narrative, and places full trust that they really do have peoples best interests at heart, and they would absolutely never allow people to take things which could cause them any harm...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals