Serotonin And Social Dominance Hierarchies

:lol:
He and Peat should start a podcast on how to be a man. Would be real convincing.

Peat doesnt drop subtle hints about being a "real" man does he go around purporting to tell other men how to be men.

Peat is a doctor/artist/philisopher who could care less about fitting the social contest of what a "man" is.

Jordan peterson is a blowhard proffesor who likes picking on emasculated millenials to make himself look and feel better in comparison.

Peat doesnt drop subtle hints about being a "real" man does he go around purporting to tell other men how to be men.

Peat is a doctor/artist/philisopher who could care less about fitting the social contest of what a "man" is.

Jordan peterson is a blowhard proffesor who likes picking on emasculated millenials to make himself look and feel better in comparison.
It was just a joke. :roll:

Luann

Social status in my experience is based more on how someone looks and the first impression they make rather than any hormone balance. But I've seen people who should have had everything going for them, choose to present themselves really oddly, and I got a serotonin whiff off of them. Medium height + medium weight + a personality that seems reasonable and credible over time = decent social status.

Like I said, I've seen people who should have come across as attractive or "dominant", really blow it because they talk weirdly, or stand too close, or blurt stuff that should have been stopped by any number of mental filters. Or wear things that just don't fit the situation.

Do men have a social heirarchy that tends to despise / outcast the lower ranks? Women certainly do but I was under the impression that men were a little more accepting of each other's oddities within reason, and that men measured according to function rather than vanity. I.e. being a lower member does not bring as much shame, just the way it has to be.

YourUniverse

Is this really what you think? Could this be to make you feel better about not measuring up according to his characteristics?

Personally, sometimes I hate hearing Peterson, makes me feel like ***t about myself! Not sure thats bad

Is this really what you think? Could this be to make you feel better about not measuring up according to his characteristics?

Personally, sometimes I hate hearing Peterson, makes me feel like ***t about myself! Not sure thats bad

You're getting cyberbullied by a 60 year old man who sounds like kermit the frog so yea you should feel pretty bad

LUH 3417

in my opinion its the opposite.

People with high serotonin look more friendly and you can trust them but people with high dopamine look evil to me.

High serotonin can cause you to be alert and more aware of your surroundings since its putting your amygdala in overdrive and thus your pupils get larger so you can see better (detect threats) .

But maybe we are both wrong. It could be caused by anything doesent have to be neurontransmitters.
Pupil Size: A Measure of Trust?
what does the sound of his voice have to do with what hes saying?
the voice is the most obvious expression of human authenticity.

LUH 3417

Can't be authentic without a really deep voice?
No I mean the oscillations in someone's voice and the way you perceive them definitely send messages about that person's authenticity. If he sounds like Kermit the frog maybe he has something stuck in his throat (not saying the entire truth about his beliefs)

No I mean the oscillations in someone's voice and the way you perceive them definitely send messages about that person's authenticity. If he sounds like Kermit the frog maybe he has something stuck in his throat (not saying the entire truth about his beliefs)

It also means he's talking about masculinity out of self serving narcissism. He doesn't have the requisite androgens circulating through his body to actually be masculine so he larps as someone who knows what it is to be a man.

Those who can't do, teach.

LUH 3417

It also means he's talking about masculinity out of self serving narcissism. He doesn't have the requisite androgens circulating through his body to actually be masculine so he larps as someone who knows what it is to be a man.

I like that quote. I wonder if those who can't be, do.

YourUniverse

Hmm, ok. You're saying it sounds as if hes speaking from a high place in his chest as opposed to deep from his belly, indicating hes probably full of ***t. I have to say, Im not a fan of his, but I just got that he has a naturally higher voice.

LUH 3417

Hmm, ok. You're saying it sounds as if hes speaking from a high place in his chest as opposed to deep from his belly, indicating hes probably full of ***t. I have to say, Im not a fan of his, but I just got that he has a naturally higher voice.
Yea that may be an ever better way to put it actually

TreasureVibe

Hahahahahaha this is golden. :D

I think Dr. Petterson is not consciously LARPing but speaking purely from the mind, without giving any thought to physical feeling from anywhere beneath the head. It doesn't necessarily mean he is not authentic, but it means he is trying to grasp this state of manliness purely from an intellectual point of view.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals