SSRIs and their link to social status

CrackLord

So, I've been thinking a lot about SSRIs lately thanks to the posts on @haidut blog and some of the posts on this forum. I'm also a big fan of Jordan Peterson, so of course I've heard his spiel on serotonin in lobsters being associated with societal status. Where, societal status also increases the production of serotonin. I'm sure there is significant strength to this idea, I've already seen people's personalities change as they get more and more powerful societally. I'm already fairly convinced that a lot of the mass hypnosis and insanity that has been going on is related to the fact that a significant portion of the population is cracked out on these SSRIs already. It makes perfect sense from what we know about the effects of SSRIs, right? They increase susceptibility and also aggressive behaviour, due to higher serotonin being associated with these attributes.

However, I've been wondering if this is also partially due to it being a sort of "fake" hack, which is not accompanied by other chemicals that are normally increased with societal status too. It seems to me that a lot of people that "benefit" from SSRIs also be the ones that happen to be "low" in society, or at least perceive themselves to be low in society or their particular social circle. When you bypass this natural condition by using an SSRI, it seems unsurprising that it may be missing some "cofactors". I wonder if this is a large cause of the issues with them.

I mean, a lot of these billionaires etc would in theory have a ton of serotonin floating around but then again, it is "earned" societally, to some extent. Of course, we also see that a lot of them have elevated self-worth and potential "god complexes", like the top of society always thinking that they know what's better for the majority than what the majority want and trying to enforce that on them through their wealth via lobbying, etc. Not all of them suffer this of course, there are plenty that are quite rich but pretty hands off, they don't really care what happens to anyone else as they have core principles of what I'd call a sort of libertarianism - i.e I may think you're lifestyle choices are stupid and your failures are largely your fault but I'm happy for you to do it yourself just stay out of my ***t. Then you have the other side, where they essentially believe the same thing but then want to do everything in their power to legislate it to be the one that fixes the world's problems by force. Bit off topic anyway.

I've been just musing about the connection between SSRIs and these people's perceived or real societal status and what forcing their way passed that for this particular reward circuit does to them mentally.

Sorry if wrong section of forum.

Missenger

So, I've been thinking a lot about SSRIs lately thanks to the posts on @haidut blog and some of the posts on this forum. I'm also a big fan of Jordan Peterson, so of course I've heard his spiel on serotonin in lobsters being associated with societal status. Where, societal status also increases the production of serotonin. I'm sure there is significant strength to this idea, I've already seen people's personalities change as they get more and more powerful societally. I'm already fairly convinced that a lot of the mass hypnosis and insanity that has been going on is related to the fact that a significant portion of the population is cracked out on these SSRIs already. It makes perfect sense from what we know about the effects of SSRIs, right? They increase susceptibility and also aggressive behaviour, due to higher serotonin being associated with these attributes.

However, I've been wondering if this is also partially due to it being a sort of "fake" hack, which is not accompanied by other chemicals that are normally increased with societal status too. It seems to me that a lot of people that "benefit" from SSRIs also be the ones that happen to be "low" in society, or at least perceive themselves to be low in society or their particular social circle. When you bypass this natural condition by using an SSRI, it seems unsurprising that it may be missing some "cofactors". I wonder if this is a large cause of the issues with them.

I mean, a lot of these billionaires etc would in theory have a ton of serotonin floating around but then again, it is "earned" societally, to some extent. Of course, we also see that a lot of them have elevated self-worth and potential "god complexes", like the top of society always thinking that they know what's better for the majority than what the majority want and trying to enforce that on them through their wealth via lobbying, etc. Not all of them suffer this of course, there are plenty that are quite rich but pretty hands off, they don't really care what happens to anyone else as they have core principles of what I'd call a sort of libertarianism - i.e I may think you're lifestyle choices are stupid and your failures are largely your fault but I'm happy for you to do it yourself just stay out of my ***t. Then you have the other side, where they essentially believe the same thing but then want to do everything in their power to legislate it to be the one that fixes the world's problems by force. Bit off topic anyway.

I've been just musing about the connection between SSRIs and these people's perceived or real societal status and what forcing their way passed that for this particular reward circuit does to them mentally.

Sorry if wrong section of forum.
The elite merchants are probably high as **** on serotonin but I wouldn't know if lowering it would make them any less prone to wanting to enslave you and make you eat bugs.

OP
C

CrackLord

The elite merchants are probably high as **** on serotonin but I wouldn't know if lowering it would make them any less prone to wanting to enslave you and make you eat bugs.
I guess that's what I was pointing out with "not all elite" part of the post. It's clear that just having huge societal status doesn't always result in this attitude. There must be additional factors. I'd guess that "autistic" symptoms (i.e lack of social awareness), combined with extreme status and power and over elevated sense of intelligence contribute more. The "I want to and can solve the world's problems" types are the most dangerous ones, particularly when then surrounded by yes men who believe they are geniuses in every situation, because they have amassed so much wealth they must be geniuses all around, right? They can't possibly be flawed in many societal views and attitudes, right!?

Missenger

Based off the wikileaks emails a good half a decade ago regarding Hillary Clinton a chunk of them are moloch cultists and moloch worship is based off the sacrificial offerings of children, so I dunno. Serotonin finds an outlet into religious worship usually. Haidut mentioned something about a mindset of them thinking of people as atoms they can casually move around as they see fit, so the mindset to take from that is if you can convince them to stop stabbing you in the back, or to convince them to help stop others from doing it from their similar financial class.

Last edited:
OP
C

CrackLord

Based off the wikileaks emails a good half a decade ago regarding Hillary Clinton a chunk of them are moloch cultists and their worship is based off of the sacrificial offerings of children, so I dunno. Serotonin finds an outlet into religious worship usually. Haidut mentioned something about a mindset of them thinking of people as atoms they can casually move around as they see fit. I guess the mindset to take is can you convince them to stop stabbing you in the back, or to convince them to help stop the others from doing it from their similar financial class?
I think a lot must go back to political and ideological principles. I’d find it hard for someone who claims to be libertarian to also be this type of person, because by their nature, they dont want to be part of anyone else’s business and don’t want anyone to be part of theirs. Otherwise they wouldn’t fit the description.

I wonder if it has to do with a type of social maturity that a lot of these people missed out on. A type of “self actualisation” or something missing from their mentality. Lack of self awareness, lack of emotional understanding, lack of nuanced understanding of reality.

For example, the Winklevii brothers are insanely rich now (and were also born into wealth) but they seem like really grounded, nice people who genuinely believe in good values. You know, they were also really healthy people, they were excellent rowers who performed at peak human capacity and have clearly always been on point about diet and stuff. I wonder what part that also plays.

Could another part of these attitudes be explained by PUFA consumption, bad diets, lack of fitness etc? I mean, if we look at the worst offenders of this stuff…they do often seem to be physically really unhealthy and messed up and have always been that way. I don’t see it much from the highly physically dietarily disciplined elite, right? Must also be part of it. Healthy body healthy mind and all that.

Sorry if a bit random, just musing a bit and thinking aloud.

Peater

akgrrrl

Your post got me thinking. Yes, maybe not the 1% we think of as elites who control things, but def an echelon of low-level overseers that can make life hell. Parole officers, mental health counselors, caseworkers, healthcare persons in many systems making decisions and making judgements that DIRECTLY affect lives daily. I see their handiwork, always reassuring as how their own lives are soooo much better now they are on ssri. Frightening.

jnklheimer

Your post got me thinking. Yes, maybe not the 1% we think of as elites who control things, but def an echelon of low-level overseers that can make life hell. Parole officers, mental health counselors, caseworkers, healthcare persons in many systems making decisions and making judgements that DIRECTLY affect lives daily. I see their handiwork, always reassuring as how their own lives are soooo much better now they are on ssri. Frightening.
i once had a female elderly parole officer who was intent on putting me in prison. the male judge and prosecutor's were in disbelief of her scathing report on me and largely ignored it. if she was on ssri and birth control for many years i wouldn't be surprised.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals