Why I want opiates if serotonin is bad ?

I know well that the work of peat relates to the demystification of the effectiveness of SSRIs and his will to "debunk" the importance of serotonin as a hormone necessary for happiness, it is also, a priori, what sought to demonstrate people pro-peat like haidut through articles on SSRIs and serotonin.
However, every time I have been under the influence of opiates (general anhestia, tramadol / codeine in recreational dose in light recreational dose), it is as if all my problems which regularly ruin my life (learned impotence, anxiety , apathy, awkwardness ...) disappeared, I became debilitated and playful, and at the same time calm, all is well. It is really very pleasant. However, these kinds of products aren't supposed to turn me into a zombie if I believe Peat? or in any case reinforce learned helplessness and that kind of thing. A lot of people feel bad and agree with Peat, Haidut etc but it is the opposite for a lot of people including me.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I know well that the work of peat relates to the demystification of the effectiveness of SSRIs and his will to "debunk" the importance of serotonin as a hormone necessary for happiness, it is also, a priori, what sought to demonstrate people pro-peat like haidut through articles on SSRIs and serotonin.
However, every time I have been under the influence of opiates (general anhestia, tramadol / codeine in recreational dose in light recreational dose), it is as if all my problems which regularly ruin my life (learned impotence, anxiety , apathy, awkwardness ...) disappeared, I became debilitated and playful, and at the same time calm, all is well. It is really very pleasant. However, these kinds of products aren't supposed to turn me into a zombie if I believe Peat? or in any case reinforce learned helplessness and that kind of thing. A lot of people feel bad and agree with Peat, Haidut etc but it is the opposite for a lot of people including me.
The effects of opioids are much different from serotonin. Serotonin causes a blunting effect of all emotions, whereas opioids actually release dopamine. Opioids have euphoric and bliss effects, but they create dependence and lots of side effects down the road. Rather focus on lowering stress hormones, while increasing thyroid, dopamine and glucose oxidation, all of which will also help to make you feel euphoric.

OP
ValeryZeSpanich
The effects of opioids are much different from serotonin. Serotonin causes a blunting effect of all emotions, whereas opioids actually release dopamine. Opioids have euphoric and bliss effects, but they create dependence and lots of side effects down the road. Rather focus on lowering stress hormones, while increasing thyroid, dopamine and glucose oxidation, all of which will also help to make you feel euphoric.
Ah I didn't know. I just checked and the opiates seem to be pro-gaba as well.
Yes I lack dopamine, but I think it's more related to my "life" than what I eat and what happens as a result. My thyroid reacts very quickly to an increase in calories (explosion of energy and thermogenesis) but that does not change my mood.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ah I didn't know. I just checked and the opiates seem to be pro-gaba as well.
Yes I lack dopamine, but I think it's more related to my "life" than what I eat and what happens as a result. My thyroid reacts very quickly to an increase in calories (explosion of energy and thermogenesis) but that does not change my mood.
I'd try metergoline or lisuride instead and see how you respond to those. Kratom and phenibut are also good, but they shouldn't be used chronically or every day. Progesterone or allopregnanolone also has pro-GABA effects and is great for the brain.

OP
ValeryZeSpanich
I'd try metergoline or lisuride instead and see how you respond to those. Kratom and phenibut are also good, but they shouldn't be used chronically or every day. Progesterone or allopregnanolone also has pro-GABA effects and is great for the brain.
All of the substances you mentioned are illegal or at least under prescription where I live.
But thank you all the same for taking the time to try to provide information. :nomouth:

Hans

Forum Supporter
All of the substances you mentioned are illegal or at least under prescription where I live.
But thank you all the same for taking the time to try to provide information. :nomouth:
There are other pro-dopamine substances as well, such as BCAA + tyrosine, sunlight, Catuaba bark, huperzine A, uridine, etc.
Here is a whole list: Maximize dopamine and live life on cloud nine with laser focus, drive, ambition, euphoria & great energy » MENELITE
Also, here is one of my favorite (simple) anti-serotonin and pro-dopamine stacks: How to increase dopamine and lower serotonin with this simple, yet effective stack and food recipe
And a good dopamine stack: The dopamine dream team (DDT) stack: Try this for laser-sharp focus and euphoria » MENELITE

Hugh Johnson

You are in pain. You are just used to it.

The pain is so bad you can not function. Opiates help, momentarily. If you want to function normally, then you need to solve your issues, the psychological trauma that is keeping you in pain. For that, Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk is a good normie book with somewhat helpful methods. Or you can go off the deep end and start doing shadow work.

OP
ValeryZeSpanich

The pain is so bad you can not function. Opiates help, momentarily. If you want to function normally, then you need to solve your issues, the psychological trauma that is keeping you in pain. For that, Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk is a good normie book with somewhat helpful methods. Or you can go off the deep end and start doing shadow work.
Everything is better today, I am more and more freed from chronic stress and obcessional behaviors, even my physique has improved.
So I wouldn't say I'm in pain, I think it's just a matter of habits. I have scheduled a psychedelic trip in a few weeks hoping it might help me a bit knowing the potential of magic mushrooms to break down the mental patterns that cause learned helplessness. I am not afraid of possible bad trips.

lampofred

How do you actually do shadow work? Everything I've found just talks about the need to integrate the shadow but doesn't talk about how... Or the method seems too intellectual to actually work (like "Step 1: Observe your reactions" "Step 2: Ask yourself why you have those reactions" "Step 3: Find out how to fix the cause of the reaction you want to eliminate")

jyb

I became debilitated and playful, and at the same time calm, all is well. It is really very pleasant. However, these kinds of products aren't supposed to turn me into a zombie if I believe Peat?

It's only a paradox if those benefits hold over a meaningful amount of time. In the short term, this appears healthy. But are you really still playful a few hours later once it is metabolised, or after a few months of regular use? It looks like with any synthetic stimulation such as opiates, it will take more and more time for your brain and body to recover to the point where the only playfulness time of the day is when you take it, so on average you'd be worse off than initially.

OP
ValeryZeSpanich
It's only a paradox if those benefits hold over a meaningful amount of time. In the short term, this appears healthy. But are you really still playful a few hours later once it is metabolised, or after a few months of regular use? It looks like with any synthetic stimulation such as opiates, it will take more and more time for your brain and body to recover to the point where the only playfulness time of the day is when you take it, so on average you'd be worse off than initially.
I'm just going back to normal, yeah. I don't use opiates on a regular basis, I only took them recreationally twice in two years, out of curiosity.

Hugh Johnson

How do you actually do shadow work? Everything I've found just talks about the need to integrate the shadow but doesn't talk about how... Or the method seems too intellectual to actually work (like "Step 1: Observe your reactions" "Step 2: Ask yourself why you have those reactions" "Step 3: Find out how to fix the cause of the reaction you want to eliminate")
Go to youtube. Teal Swan is probably the best, start there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom