Can SSRIs help someone who is depressed

Gustav3Y

Interesting I’ve not heard of of aerius and allergodyl. I don’t know why my ENT doctor didn’t mention it with all the years I’ve gone to him about sinus issues. I’ll have to have a look into trying these two. Has Peat mentioned them in neutral/favourable terms?
Aerius or Clarinex is desloratadine
Allergodyl is azelastine

Azelastine I have not seen any doctor prescribe it, either.

golder

Aerius or Clarinex is desloratadine
Allergodyl is azelastine

Azelastine I have not seen any doctor prescribe it, either.
Thanks for clearing that up. Which of the two have you found more useful and with less sides, or is it really down to the combination?

Gustav3Y

I have not used that combination myself, nor I have taken them individually, even if I have some Aerius pills in a package.

OP
limitless77

limitless77

Interesting I’ve not heard of of aerius and allergodyl. I don’t know why my ENT doctor didn’t mention it with all the years I’ve gone to him about sinus issues. I’ll have to have a look into trying these two. Has Peat mentioned them in neutral/favourabl
m
Interesting I’ve not heard of of aerius and allergodyl. I don’t know why my ENT doctor didn’t mention it with all the years I’ve gone to him about sinus issues. I’ll have to have a look into trying these two. Has Peat mentioned them in neutral/favourable terms?
my problem is that I can't breath events I did polyps removal surgery 1 year ago .it got so bad the couple last week that I couldn't breath without using otrivin( a steroid nasal spray) with should only be used for a maximum of 5 days , well I used it for 2 weeks because I couldn't breath without it. now with the Aerius and allergodyl , I can breath through my nose without any issue.
and btw my doctor told me to do an IGE test with came out as far above the normal range , you can see it below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.31.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.31.25 PM.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 9

Gustav3Y

and btw my doctor told me to do an IGE test with came out as far above the normal range , you can see it below.
Interesting that beyond showing that one has serious allergies, this can also show there may an parasitic infection that cannot be otherwise detected.
Not sure such ambiguous info helps, it's what I have seen a local lab describes.

Sam321

I've been following raypeat ideas for some time now and I know that he is against serotonin, but I'm desperate and I've did some research about SSRIs and from my understanding they don't raise the production of serotonin in the body like tryptophan and 5-htp do, but they keep the serotonin between neurons in the brain . I'm in a really good physical shape around 12% BF at 175cm 72kg , and I eat a lot, more than 3000 calories per day a lot of carbs(white bread ,starch and some sugar) and fats mostly saturated and some olive oil and I try to reach 100g of protein daily so I think I have a healthy metabolism because I'm staying lean and not gaining fat.
but I'm struggling with mental issues depression , social anxiety and ADHD(I've been taking concerts 18mg Wich is an extended release methylphenidate for like 4 days now but I'm not feeling any better) , I used to be really smart but now I struggle to speak fluently and I keep struggling over my words and I don't even have the will to talk , and when I do talk I feel like a retard and I struggle to find words and can't keep a long chain of thoughts when I'm talking about something or trying to prove a point . I can't look people in the eyes ,can't make friends ,have low motivation and self esteem . Currently doing nothing in life , dragging my self to the gym few times a week when there is not a lot of people and walking around town( sometimes after lifting weights or walking I feel motivated and happy for a few minutes) .
Im desperate to try anything that can help me ,I've seen some videos on YouTube on a channel named Leo and longevity where he made a comprehensive series about serotonin and why he takes it eventho he does not have depression or anxiety but he takes SSRIs for cognitive enhancement . So after watching his videos and being desperate about my case I'm thinking about taking an SSRIs to see if it can help me get through this time and hopefully getting rid of my depression and SAD and change my life .
Im thinking about using it just as a bandaid to get my life together , get through university and have a better social life and friends and maybe that can resolve my depression and anxiety.
Any advice or alternatives would be helpful .
Look into Tara Brachs writing on RAIN and EMDR. Work through your anxiety by increasing your emotional tool kit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals