Listening to Prozac, 20 years later.

4peatssake

mandance said:
I think its fine...Peat knows my history of antidepressants and still advised preg and thryoid. I only took it once, it felt good but I will hold off on supps for awhile.
I couldn't locate any reference to the hormonal affects Jenn mentions. Not to say she is incorrect, I just have not found anything to corroborate it.

Certainly worth asking Ray Peat about.

I also think that if Ray is aware of your situation and has recommended these supplements to you, it is, as you say, fine.

mandance

Yeah I was mainly confused on her theory of antidepressants having an effect on hormone interaction but I cant find anything either. And I cant find anything that suggests permanent damange from SSRIS although I wouldbt doubt its not possible. Ray Peat did confirm what I already knew though, in that it does take months for those drugs to resolve from your system...in many cases I have seen also...some people have experienced some long lasting problems such as low libido etc.

4peatssake

Jenn said:
Actually, I was referring supplements, not your body's hormones...not quite the same thing.
I think he understands that, hence his concern.
He's coming off ssri's after many years and is already leery of supplements.

HDD knows what pregnenolone is but her son is currently taking an ssri and she's concerned at the mention of their being contraindications.

Can you point out a reference to
The newer ones can do serious damage and can affect how hormone supplements behave in the body....like pregnenelone, progestE etc.

Thanks Jenn!

Brandin

20 years ago, a psychiatrist named Peter Kramer wrote a book called Listening to Prozac. In the book he detailed people's personal transformations from using the SSRI drug Prozac. People said using the drug caused them to become happier and more like their idealized selves. In the years after this book was published, Prozac became a household name.

In the news lately we are hearing a lot of reports about gun violence that is likely linked to use of SSRIs. It's clear they make people more aggressive. How does this mesh with what Kramer wrote 20 years ago? There are continued anecdotes all over the Internet of people who can't function off SSRIs. Why is this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/014026671 ... mdp_mobile
The reason it fits is because serotonin makes you psycothic, unempathetic and manipulative. It also makes you obsessed with touting claims that high status people in society has said (not because they are true, high serotonin low androgens dont care about truth). With the use of this knowledge we can understand that they are claiming it did these things because for the reason of just touting it as a fact without it being the case. Same as when high serotonin people lose all respect and get extreme hatred toward you for claiming the vaccine is bad (even if you show them all data wich makes it extremely likely). This also happens even if their ideas of why they believe the vaccine is good is extremely weak.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals