Felt Way Better On SSRI's

Runenight201

I fear and am extremely sensitive to any kind of rejection, I dont think it's possible to simply go through it because it feels wired in my brain from childhood. Setraline helped me numb the pain and focus on more positive emotions. Now all I'm feeling is negative emotions.

Grain of salt: I tend to take a biochemical reductionist approach towards things, ie that most negative states are just an imbalance of negative emotional chemicals in the body (excess serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline, etc...) to positive emotional chemicals (oxytocin, dopamine, testosterone, progesterone, etc...)

now these chemicals can be influenced through our environment (internal/external) and nutritional inputs (food, supplements, drugs, etc...)

our default states can be determined by our stored memory of physiological responses to various experienced, determining our response to future experiences, real or imaginary. They can also be determined by the summation of our nutritional inputs.

Having a positive response to an experience creates a positive feedback loop which further seeks out that experience and induced positive hormonal and neurotransmitter states, and in this sense we “learn”. Having a negative response to an experience creates a negative feedback loop where we try to avoid that experience or if stuck in it shut down (learned helplessness) and then experience negative hormonal and neurotransmitter states. Clearly no growth takes takes place here and this is a very bad place for a human being to be in.

A human in a positive state through proper nutritional inputs will go through various experiences and ideally learn from them, creating positive feedback loops and an overall optimistic, motivated, energetic engagement with the world. If in a negative state, fear and anxiety surround most things, and thus one gets stuck in this anxious state towards everything.

The solution? Put your body in a positive state through nutrition, and then seek out experiences (small at first, but slightly uncomfortable) and form positive reactions to them. This shouldn’t be a stressful endeavor, and in fact, if done right, you should want to engage in such activities. View them as mini-challenges, or mini-games, things which are fun and which aren’t a big deal if “lost”.

Depending on the level development, socialization, experiences, etc... there could be a whole lot of work or just a little bit of work to be had above. Paramount to everything is making sure that nutrition is adequate to induce energetic, stress-free, euphoric states. Sugar, milk, fruit, salt, protein, fat, carbohydrates, etc... are all crucial, and there has to be a proper balance between them all.

That’s my take on things, not really scientific, just my observations from myself and the various pieces of information I’ve read. I’m someone who had terrible anxiety my whole life, manifesting in pretty bad social anxiety while at university. Of course, I had no idea what was happening, and did all sorts of things like anti-depressants, benzos, beta-blockers, alcohol, illicit drug use, etc... all to try and be socially normal. I remember engaging in all sorts of rituals before any social event just to get over that crippling fear I had of interacting with others. It’s all quite ridiculous looking back at it now, and had I known that a damn Coca Cola with doughnuts and milk would have made me a completely different person, my set of experiences from school would have been WAAAAY different.

Start small, do things you can imagine yourself winning in, and slowly but surely you’ll start learning new patterns of thoughts and behaviors, and the old you will change into someone new. We are completely adaptable, and any negative states experienced currently means that the current way of being is incorrect.

Listen to yourself, seek out good people, good experiences, good music, scenery, food, and hobbies, and you can have a wholly good and positive life free of all those negative emotions.

Pet Peeve

That website is genius. Thank you, I definitely have Undermethylated depression, it perfectly describes me.

You should try methionine, but don't use it too much. If you are undermethylated you probably have high levels of histamine as methylation metabolizes histamine inside cells. You can Google William Walsh to find more info.

thomas00

SSRIs are also cortisol and partial serotonin antagonists. It might be helpful to add cyproheptadine to the pregnenolone. Some people only need 0.5mg a day. Some more.

OP
M

Mo_v

Grain of salt: I tend to take a biochemical reductionist approach towards things, ie that most negative states are just an imbalance of negative emotional chemicals in the body (excess serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline, etc...) to positive emotional chemicals (oxytocin, dopamine, testosterone, progesterone, etc...)

now these chemicals can be influenced through our environment (internal/external) and nutritional inputs (food, supplements, drugs, etc...)

our default states can be determined by our stored memory of physiological responses to various experienced, determining our response to future experiences, real or imaginary. They can also be determined by the summation of our nutritional inputs.

Having a positive response to an experience creates a positive feedback loop which further seeks out that experience and induced positive hormonal and neurotransmitter states, and in this sense we “learn”. Having a negative response to an experience creates a negative feedback loop where we try to avoid that experience or if stuck in it shut down (learned helplessness) and then experience negative hormonal and neurotransmitter states. Clearly no growth takes takes place here and this is a very bad place for a human being to be in.

A human in a positive state through proper nutritional inputs will go through various experiences and ideally learn from them, creating positive feedback loops and an overall optimistic, motivated, energetic engagement with the world. If in a negative state, fear and anxiety surround most things, and thus one gets stuck in this anxious state towards everything.

The solution? Put your body in a positive state through nutrition, and then seek out experiences (small at first, but slightly uncomfortable) and form positive reactions to them. This shouldn’t be a stressful endeavor, and in fact, if done right, you should want to engage in such activities. View them as mini-challenges, or mini-games, things which are fun and which aren’t a big deal if “lost”.

Depending on the level development, socialization, experiences, etc... there could be a whole lot of work or just a little bit of work to be had above. Paramount to everything is making sure that nutrition is adequate to induce energetic, stress-free, euphoric states. Sugar, milk, fruit, salt, protein, fat, carbohydrates, etc... are all crucial, and there has to be a proper balance between them all.

That’s my take on things, not really scientific, just my observations from myself and the various pieces of information I’ve read. I’m someone who had terrible anxiety my whole life, manifesting in pretty bad social anxiety while at university. Of course, I had no idea what was happening, and did all sorts of things like anti-depressants, benzos, beta-blockers, alcohol, illicit drug use, etc... all to try and be socially normal. I remember engaging in all sorts of rituals before any social event just to get over that crippling fear I had of interacting with others. It’s all quite ridiculous looking back at it now, and had I known that a damn Coca Cola with doughnuts and milk would have made me a completely different person, my set of experiences from school would have been WAAAAY different.

Start small, do things you can imagine yourself winning in, and slowly but surely you’ll start learning new patterns of thoughts and behaviors, and the old you will change into someone new. We are completely adaptable, and any negative states experienced currently means that the current way of being is incorrect.

Listen to yourself, seek out good people, good experiences, good music, scenery, food, and hobbies, and you can have a wholly good and positive life free of all those negative emotions.
Thanks for the wonderful answer, I definitely need to work on my nutrition.

sladerunner69

Try 1mg of prozac or equivalent. It has all the neurosteroid benefits while no serotonergic activity. And like someone already said, you are going through withdrawal and suffering from it, like benzos the normal dose SSRI take a long time to truly return to baseline, and surprisingly many never do.

Why do you think that prozac has serotonergic activity?

I need to find a way to increase neurosteroids but I am very worried about prozac causing post ssri disorder.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals