Comment/critique My Diet And Supplement Regimen

anonbiohacker

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone was interested in commenting/critiquing my diet/supp regimen! The main goals of my the regimen are to improve mood, focus, energy, etc. and to decrease rate of hair loss (MPB).

Background: First diet I tried was a high carb, vegan diet. I also tried fruitarianism/raw/juice only diet for a while. I had poor blood sugar regulation and crazy highs and lows on this diet.

Then I tried a keto diet progressing more to carnivore style. I felt immensely better on this diet and seemed to do better with the more meat I ate. Sometimes I felt extremely lethargic and like I had low blood sugar. Ate a decent amount of liver too.

Now since finding out about Ray Peat and re evaluating my life, I'm trying to have a more balanced diet. Vitamin S (socialization) is key and I felt I was isolating myself with the 100% meal prep and never eating out with friends, etc.

What I am eating now:
-Meat based (beef, seafood, liver)
-2 egg yolks per day, 1 glass milk per day
-Coconut oil whenever I feel like it (2-5 tbs/day)
-Some fruit almost every day (melons, berries, cherries)
-Raw carrots
-Well cooked greens

I probably eat 200-300 grams protein per day
about 100-150 grams of fat
about 100-150 grams of fructose

Supplements: at much progesterone as I feel like, 5-10mg dhea per day, ashwaganda, as much magnesium bicarbonate water as I feel like. Plan on trying out thyroid t3 t4 in the near future.

I feel pretty good overall. Really liking the calming effects of progesterone. I am a bit concerned about my hair loss (MPB, I am NW 1.5, heading towards NW2).

What do you guys think?

raypeatclips

Obvious things look like far too much protein not enough carbs. How many calories?

I would be hesitant to take thyroid if your diet isn't sorted. It can exacerbate any weaknesses in the diet such as lack of calories, lack of nutrients.

johnwester130

topical caffeine/niacinamide in rubbing alcohol spray can be a good hair topical

1 gram of each in 60ml rubbing alcohol

OP
A

anonbiohacker

Rest of my post still relevant. Have you read any Peat at all? Meat based diets aren't really common on this forum. Maybe a different forum would be more suitable for you, if thats the diet you want to pursue?
Just trying to learn what I can. Peat/this forum has a lot of interesting ideas. I don't like high carb diets though.

theLaw

Just trying to learn what I can. Peat/this forum has a lot of interesting ideas. I don't like high carb diets though.

The foundation of Peat's work is burning mostly carbs instead of fat, so your requests aren't reasonable for this particular forum, hence the suggestion from RPC that this might not be the right resource for your needs.

Everyone's diet here is a bit different within reason, but it is called the Ray Peat forum for a reason.

OP
A

anonbiohacker

The foundation of Peat's work is burning mostly carbs instead of fat, so your requests aren't reasonable for this particular forum, hence the suggestion from RPC that this might not be the right resource for your needs.

Everyone's diet here is a bit different within reason, but it is called the Ray Peat forum for a reason.

Are you saying that all of ray peat's ideas are only relevant for people who eat carb based diets

theLaw

Are you saying that all of ray peat's ideas are only relevant for people who eat carb based diets

Relevant: closely connected or appropriate to what is being done or considered.

-"I don't like low-Pufa diets"

-"I don't like low-iron diets"

-"I don't like antibiotics, natural or otherwise"
.............all relevant statements to this forum.

Just because you can do something, doesn't make it moral or ethical.

So then the question is:

Why would someone ask for criticism about their diet that they know is counter to the fundamental-ideas on a forum? Debate, or just argument?

Sounds like you and Cathy Newman have a lot in common.....

Last edited:

raypeatclips

Yeah as TheLaw says, carbs as being the majority macronutrient in the diet is basically the cornerstone of Peats work. We're not saying you're wrong or calling you an idiot etc just confused why you would join a Peat forum and ask for advice when you disagree with one of his main principles and seem resistant about changing things?

Sunny Jack

The ingredients you mention are all Peat-approved, except perhaps the berries (though many consider the avoidance of them to be unduly orthorexic).

As others have said, the main problem with your diet from a Peatarian perspective is the relatively small role of carbohydrates, which is thought to deplete glycogen, suppressing the metabolism and thyroid.

You will probably be getting more saturated than polyunsaturated fat, which is still relevant from a Ray Peat perspective. Adequate protein, probably. The milk will provide calcium, though probably not enough to counterbalance the phosphate from the meat. There will be antioxidants in the fruits and greens.

Overall, the macros are out of line with Peat's recommendations, but you will still probably be getting more nutrients than someone on a standard diet.

The extra nutrients and reduced PUFAs and starches might yield benefits to your hair, though many here claim to have started losing theirs whilst on a similar diet. Increases in mood, focus and energy may be due to the stress and adrenaline of producing energy without adequate glucose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals