Help With Strange Methylene Blue Reaction

ander454

Hi,

I've been really struggling this week with a health problem that seemed to be triggered by only 1mg of methylene blue.

Sunday: I took it Sunday night, for the first hour or two I felt great. Then I went to bed and had serious panic attacks and anxiety, I felt really hot and basically couldn't sleep. Heart rate was skyrocketing, didn't even think to measure it because I was so much out of my mind. Two full bowel movements occurred as well which was weird. Lots of getting up to drink fluids.
Monday: Nauseous in the morning, couldn't eat much but I tried. All day was miserable. Just eating some gelatin and a few things here and there. I ate a 6" subway sandwich + banana and OJ just to get something down. I felt better for few hours but still ended up miserable later. No sleep Monday night either.
Tuesday: Again, rough morning, but this time I really nursed myself back to health using milk, gelatin, juice, cheese, etc. By the afternoon I felt pretty much back to normal, even euphoric feeling. Like really easy to breath. Fun with my family. Was able to sleep a full night. Cool, we're all over this then?
Wednesday: this is a gap in my memory, just skip it.
Thursday: Thinking all was good now, I ate a small bowel of oatmeal and a couple eggs, with some OJ. Off to work, whoops.... severe anxiety coming on. Slowly died off and around 1:30 I had to eat. In a panic I ate the same 6" sandwich to get some relief again, but I drank water and didn't have a banana. I felt better for a couple hours than got this strange sensation that my blood sugar was dangerously low. I ran to the market and downed some milk and OJ. Then I stumbled on a bus that brought me to urgent care. I thought I was going to feint on the bus. When I arrived, things started to feel better (like the sugars finally kicked in) and then they could find nothing wrong with me although they didn't do any blood work (super expensive). The ER doc was a supposed "expert" in methylene blue and was really nice to talk to. He assured me the stuff is super safe and there should be anything serious like serotonin syndrome happening at 1mg, especially since I'm not on SSRIs. By the time we got home I felt just fine and relaxed, no worries. I slept almost 10 hours.
Friday:
Tried to just focus on liquids in the morning, gelatin and milk and OJ. I was super thirsty. Didn't work, crazy panics again. Went on a walk, felt a bit better. Went to the endocrinologist to review test results (tested Wed) and thyroid was good, everything was smack dab in the middle of the ranges. Testosterone was really low, but I've always struggled with it being low. Managed to tweak my neck in the waiting room while stretching, now I have a stiff neck. Got a glucose meter finally to check sugar levels. Nothing interesting there yet as I haven't measured during a severe attack yet. After a small snack it will get to 163 then jump down pretty quick to 102 or something.

Additional Notes:
So far this afternoon I've found the only way NOT to trigger a panic attack and 100+ pulse is to eat no more than 200 calories every 2-3 hours. I'm not sure what to try through the night, but I'm thinking of waking up a few times to feed myself so that I don't have to awake from a fasting state. Things that help are small nutritious snacks like: cheese, saltines, milk, OJ, gelatin, cooked spinach, raw carrot and for some reason probiotics seem to change things for the better.

I really need to understand what is happening and what to do. The endocrinologist thinks everything from endocrine system looks fine - not something he can solve. He's a pretty experienced thyroid guy, so I don't know what to think. My theory was that I suddenly became hyperthyroid for some reason. Or, maybe I got serotonin toxicity. After all I ate a lot of turkey. But neither of these seem that likely with a does of 1mg and I'm not on SSRIs. Maybe its a "die off" of something?

If you have any thoughts I'd really appreciate it. My doctors aren't making much progress yet and I don't have any answers or things to try. I basically couldn't work this week and I don't know what to do for next week...

X3CyO

What kind of methylene blue?
Kordon?

Either way, methylene blue is a strong mitochondrial uncoupler. but that reaction is strange to last that long.

That was my first reaction my first night too however.

You on any medication? SSRI or the like? Perhaps insulin?

Hows your glycogen? How much caffiene can ya handle?

Do you take a multivitamin or get a decent amount of nutrients daily?

How long have you been peating? I know methylene blue is also very strong at reversing fatty liver, and thus, possibly throwing a shitstorm of pufa into your system.

Id use some rintanserin on my rat if he had a serotonin issue created from the sort. Any sort of serotonin antagonist.

Last edited:

Diokine

1mg is not a small dose of methylene blue. The first time I took any, I took 100mcg and it was a pretty strong reaction. The half life is around 5 hours depending, so you could still be having some effects several days later. I think that most of the effects you were noticing were from serotonin, like you guessed. Pushing the cells too hard without them having proper structure (steroid, lipid, etc) will cause lots of stress.

Clean vanilla ice cream will help a lot, egg yolks, etc. Do you urinate a lot?

OP
A

ander454

Oh, okay. I will try clean vanilla ice cream, but like I said I will need to limit the calories for now. No, not urinating a whole lot, maybe every 4 hours or so.

OP
A

ander454

Kordon?

Either way, methylene blue is a strong mitochondrial uncoupler. but that reaction is strange to last that long.

How long have you been peating? I know methylene blue is also very strong at reversing fatty liver, and thus, possibly throwing a shitstorm of pufa into your system.

Id use some rintanserin on my rat if he had a serotonin issue created from the sort. Any sort of serotonin antagonist.

I just got some from BrainBoost or something. Maybe it wasn't pure? I eat Peat mostly for the last 6 months. Even before that I wasn't too high on PUFA. No meds. I was on a little thyroid, but stopped after all these symptoms. Not sure how good my glycogen is. I can handle 1-2 cups of coffee per day, but now I'm not sure haven't really tried much of it. I think I'm getting good nutrition. I top myself off with some B vitamins and K2, and eat some cooked greens.

OP
A

ander454

Do you think it would be safe to try a little activated charcoal to try and filter the serotonin?

X3CyO

Sounds pretty good to me then ander454.

Also... how many calories and at what weight are you?

A peat diet doesnt usually require calorie restriction as metabolism speeds up usually dramatically without supplements. Especially if a lot of your calories are sugar and saturated fat. They burn themselves off.

It could be pufa as its known to take 2 years or so unless following haiduts protocol. But idk your prior diet and how well you were monitoring things etc.

You can never be too safe. Im certain the problem isnt in your gut at this point, but some activated charcoal never harmed anybody. Id do it just to see, as its also beneficial every once in a while in general.

OP
A

ander454

Yeah, I know. Ah man, last week I could have eaten 1500 calorie pizza in one sitting. But that would probably kill me right now. I'm 160lbs. Usually eat 2000-2500 calories. Now I need to eat 200 cal every 3 hours or so, so yeah that's kind of restricting, but better than having a freakout.

Okay, yeah I've never had an issue with activated charcol. doesn't even seem to constipate me, so I might give it a shot.

What do you think, with time this thing will just clear up? I think its critical that I don't get an "episode" because that puts me back a whole 1/2 day that I could have been healing.

OP
A

ander454

I can't be sure, but K2 seems to really have a nice calming effect. Could be the B vits to though I took them at the same time.

X3CyO

With time yeah, and I agree with your theory. You dont wanna flare up and waste time setting yourself back.

Its starting to sound almost like a stomach or liver problem now though. Your diet seems fine and all...

Do you take aspirin too? Supps? I know aspirin caused a similar stomach pain anxiety flair/autistic/ brain foggy feeling with me when I overdid it.

If the charcoal powder doesnt work, id try a little sugar, salt, coffee, milk and possibly coconut oil as each has healing properties on tissue, and can be sipped on lightly throughout the day

Im 160 and eat 3000-4000 personally for the past 6 months just as a reference.

OP
A

ander454

Aspirin tends to constipate me, I don't know why (separate thread). I might break one in half though and try it.

papaya

Kordon?

what is a mitochondrial uncoupler? what r the benefits & what r the dangers?

OP
A

ander454

Do you think EstroBan would be okay? At this point I don't want to try too many things, but it seems to have good vitamin A and K2 which may help in this situation. Rat don't have any of that rintanserin on hand.

X3CyO

That should be fine.

Id start with drinking a lot of sugared juice. As much as is tolerable.

OP
A

ander454

I tried 1 drop of that estroban and got some shivering after about 10 min. Not sure what that's about, but after some juice it seemed to go away. Was doing fine without it though so I don't think I'll continue with that. Oh, and that ice cream seems to be the best food source so far. its perfect food for this because I can just slowly microdose myself with fuel.

InChristAlone

Sounds like you have developed a sensitivity to adrenaline. I have this problem as well. You do need small frequent balanced meals especially in the morning when blood glucose is more likely to shoot up then fall down very fast. Its the fast fall that causes the symptoms for me. But if I just keep eating it really helps. Do your symptoms seem stronger post breakfast? Unfortunately after a period of getting panic attacks you do tend to be more prone to panicking :( I wish it were not so. Have you tracked temp and pulse? Adrenaline for me is cold hands and feet, high temp and pulse but feel cold.

papaya

Hi,

I've been really struggling this week with a health problem that seemed to be triggered by only 1mg of methylene blue.

Sunday: I took it Sunday night, for the first hour or two I felt great. Then I went to bed and had serious panic attacks and anxiety, I felt really hot and basically couldn't sleep. Heart rate was skyrocketing, didn't even think to measure it because I was so much out of my mind. Two full bowel movements occurred as well which was weird. Lots of getting up to drink fluids.
Monday: Nauseous in the morning, couldn't eat much but I tried. All day was miserable. Just eating some gelatin and a few things here and there. I ate a 6" subway sandwich + banana and OJ just to get something down. I felt better for few hours but still ended up miserable later. No sleep Monday night either.
Tuesday: Again, rough morning, but this time I really nursed myself back to health using milk, gelatin, juice, cheese, etc. By the afternoon I felt pretty much back to normal, even euphoric feeling. Like really easy to breath. Fun with my family. Was able to sleep a full night. Cool, we're all over this then?
Wednesday: this is a gap in my memory, just skip it.
Thursday: Thinking all was good now, I ate a small bowel of oatmeal and a couple eggs, with some OJ. Off to work, whoops.... severe anxiety coming on. Slowly died off and around 1:30 I had to eat. In a panic I ate the same 6" sandwich to get some relief again, but I drank water and didn't have a banana. I felt better for a couple hours than got this strange sensation that my blood sugar was dangerously low. I ran to the market and downed some milk and OJ. Then I stumbled on a bus that brought me to urgent care. I thought I was going to feint on the bus. When I arrived, things started to feel better (like the sugars finally kicked in) and then they could find nothing wrong with me although they didn't do any blood work (super expensive). The ER doc was a supposed "expert" in methylene blue and was really nice to talk to. He assured me the stuff is super safe and there should be anything serious like serotonin syndrome happening at 1mg, especially since I'm not on SSRIs. By the time we got home I felt just fine and relaxed, no worries. I slept almost 10 hours.
Friday:
Tried to just focus on liquids in the morning, gelatin and milk and OJ. I was super thirsty. Didn't work, crazy panics again. Went on a walk, felt a bit better. Went to the endocrinologist to review test results (tested Wed) and thyroid was good, everything was smack dab in the middle of the ranges. Testosterone was really low, but I've always struggled with it being low. Managed to tweak my neck in the waiting room while stretching, now I have a stiff neck. Got a glucose meter finally to check sugar levels. Nothing interesting there yet as I haven't measured during a severe attack yet. After a small snack it will get to 163 then jump down pretty quick to 102 or something.

Additional Notes:
So far this afternoon I've found the only way NOT to trigger a panic attack and 100+ pulse is to eat no more than 200 calories every 2-3 hours. I'm not sure what to try through the night, but I'm thinking of waking up a few times to feed myself so that I don't have to awake from a fasting state. Things that help are small nutritious snacks like: cheese, saltines, milk, OJ, gelatin, cooked spinach, raw carrot and for some reason probiotics seem to change things for the better.

I really need to understand what is happening and what to do. The endocrinologist thinks everything from endocrine system looks fine - not something he can solve. He's a pretty experienced thyroid guy, so I don't know what to think. My theory was that I suddenly became hyperthyroid for some reason. Or, maybe I got serotonin toxicity. After all I ate a lot of turkey. But neither of these seem that likely with a does of 1mg and I'm not on SSRIs. Maybe its a "die off" of something?

If you have any thoughts I'd really appreciate it. My doctors aren't making much progress yet and I don't have any answers or things to try. I basically couldn't work this week and I don't know what to do for next week...[/QUO is your neck still stiff? if so, maybe u should get it checked out to make sure u don't have a clot or artery tear. i don't mean to freak u out but i just recently heard that nightmare story about that model having a stroke from her neck getting adjusted. btw, i was once up for 2 days from 2 drops of kordon methylene blue, but i just felt very edgy, not panicky.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals