Stumped On Frequent Urination

Velve921

Firebreather,

I have been suffering excessive urination for 5 years now. 1.5 years ago I was at 70x a day; started following Ray Peats ideals and its changed my life. I have gone through more trial and error as excessive urination can be a roller coaster. I now urinate 10-15x a day so there has been lots of improvement. Just so you have an understanding of how hard I have to work for decreasing frequency, below is a list of my lifestyle:

Foods

Fruit
Fruit Juice
Raw cane sugar
Coconut oil
grass fed milk
Ice cream
Dark Chocolate
parmigiana reggiano cheese
Gelatin
Beef Liver (1x a week)
Eggs
1 raw carrot a day
Coffee
Salt

I need to avoid all starch, phosphate, and PUFA as much as possible or else urination increases.

Supplementation

Red Light
Epsom Salt Baths
Blue Blocker sunglasses before bed
Baking Soda as needed in small amounts...good before workouts.
2 grains of NDT
20,000 IUS of Vitamin A (Retinol a day)
300mg of Niacinamide a day
600mg of Aspirin a day
50mg of Pregnenolone a day
2mg of DHEA a day
3g of Taurine a day
2000 IUS of Vitamin D a day
2 mg of Vitamin K2 a day
1mg of Cyproheptadine before bed (Cypro and Benedryl made a huge difference with decreasing urination frequency at night)
Giving blood 4x a year now to decrease iron content.

Workouts

I've only been working out 1x a week for the past few months...urination decreased immensely once glycolytic activity was decreased. I lift 1x a week and do ELDOA exercises daily.

For the first year I was consuming 500-600g of sugar a day to keep temperature and heart rate up. I've now decreased carb consumption to 350 a day as blood sugar is improving. Elimination of starch, phosphate, and PUFA has been huge for me. Taurine and DHEA made the largest emotional improvements. Coffee + sugar + coconut oil + gelatin + Niacinamaide + Taurine has shown the best results increased feelings of well being.

As you can see there are many different supplements I am using. This took me 1.5 years to figure out this combination...I initially started off with just the diet and made small additions and changes as healing need more support. I do not plan to be on these supplements the rest of my life; however, it makes sense to increase metabolism and keep urination frequency down.

I am not saying my lifestyle is a prescription...its simply more useful information that others with excessive urination are doing to decrease frequency and increase metabolic function.

poilochio

Stumped on Frequent Urnation

My frequent urination stopped when I started using desiccated thyroid.

Also, when estrogen is lowered, we tend to urinate more. Vitamin k2 lowers estrogen.

Hmm why ist that? When estrogen is lowered urination is increased?

Melekai

Given the frequent urination in combination w/the sweet urine smell, I'd strongly suggest getting your fasting blood sugar checked. If adult-onset diabetes runs in your family, if you are mid-life, you may need to use a lower carb/more healthy fats approach.

Bea Geraghty

My frequent urination started after a piece of a brick got dislodged from the roof of a 5th floor school and hit me on the back of the head.

Went to A&E (Accident and Emergency) immediately after incident (early June 2011)
I was told there was nothing wrong with me
They did not ask if I had any previous head injuries (I was hospitalised in August 1968 with meningitis at 9 months old. In April 2000 I was knocked off my moped and wearing a helmet ich resulted in me landing on my head in 2000)
They did not give me the handout that told me to look out for certain complications that can happen after a "mild" head injury.

Gradually frequent urination increased to over 50 times during day time and over 15 times during the night.
Before it had got that bad I went to hospital out patient appointments in London UK
They took no blood tests
They got me to measure how much liquid I ingested and how much urine that I produced.
They told me I should drink more water (I ignored that as I was going to the toilet all day as it was)
They told me my frequent urination was due to anxiety!!!!!
This was classed as treatment in 2014/2015 in the UK!

By Decemeber 2017 I had numerous systemic allergies to quite a few medications, including estrogen and progestin (I had been told both were bio identical substances but I later found out that the progestin was definitely synthetic)

Luckily I was allowed to try Utrogestan 100mg Capsules once per day.
Utrogestan 100mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc)

This is natural progesterone in soy oil.

Within a week I was only urinating 6 - 10 times a day and 1 - 3 times per night.

I am gradually regaining my health.
Sleep is still bad but much better than in Deeember 2017.

In January 2018 discovered Ray Peat and try to follow a Peat inspired approach to life.

I wish I had discovered Ray Peat 35 years ago
My life would have been much less stressful and I would have saved most of my teeth!

After many many appointments and constant requests, the NHS now prescribe:
Cyclogest 400mg pessaries twice a day
Cyclogest 400mg pessaries - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc)
and
Prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA) 6.5 mg
Prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA) vaginal Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com

This is allowing me to gradually regain my health.

I count myself lucky to be alive and most of my numerous symptoms are reducing.

It is amazing how debilitating frequent urination can be and how dismissive "medical professionals" are

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals