Frequent urination troubleshooting, low-volume urination only at night - What could be the cause?

FitnessMike

I finally am lost and am still losing weight, finally am able to slowly tolerate more NDT, and finally pulse is getting better.

The one thing that is bothering me reeeeeaaaaallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy much is waking up 4 times at night to void a small amount of urine.

The causes i have excluded are:

1. Stress response (i use to get these and urinate a lot whenever I woke up in the past, and i used to get these during the day too but not anymore) due to low glycogen, I eat more than 3k calories and have a big meal before I sleep (potatoes/cheese) and at night i have a big sip of maple syrup to keep the stores up lol.

2. Acidic urine, i don't have this problem anymore and when i do for example, from magnesium chloride, the bladder is weak as hell until i drop whatever it was too acidic that would impair my bladder function. Kiwis/limes did do this too.

Now i will be trying to try so fix the endotoxin theory that might be inflaming the gut and bladder, charcoal and coconut oil and carrots.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Warrior

You've got a raft of problems. It feels like you pop a load of pills and are quite a driven person. You need to return to equilibrium and let your mindbody find homeostasis instead of slapping on quick fix after quick fix. Yes, that includes dialing down the training as well.

There is something very fundamental, something you probably do daily, that you're overlooking and the only way to see it is to do the above to let it rise instead of masking symptoms. If I had to take a guess I'd say it relates an overly activated sympathetic nervous system (slamming too many preworkouts?) and you're holding onto a corrosive emotion like jealousy/insecurity or something similar relating to intimacy. Did your girl cheat on you recently? Having difficulty with a big decision?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You've got a raft of problems. It feels like you pop a load of pills and are quite a driven person. You need to return to equilibrium and let your mindbody find homeostasis instead of slapping on quick fix after quick fix. Yes, that includes dialing down the training as well.

There is something very fundamental, something you probably do daily, that you're overlooking and the only way to see it is to do the above to let it rise instead of masking symptoms. If I had to take a guess I'd say it relates an overly activated sympathetic nervous system (slamming too many preworkouts?) and you're holding onto a corrosive emotion like jealousy/insecurity or something similar relating to intimacy. Did your girl cheat on you recently? Having difficulty with a big decision?
No mate, i I dont have a woman, i do not take pre-workouts and i don't go to the gym currently.

But on the supplements, I'm reading now that Vit D could cause nighttime urination due to too much calcium in the blood, ill stop vit D and see.

Its really weird because it doesnt happen during the day, its like if only happen when I'm in relaxed state(asleep).

Warrior

Like I said, just a guess on that aspect as you wanted details but the pill popping is the problem. Something you take daily.

What you've said about the issue with relaxation is interesting as it ties in with what i mentioned about your CNS which is what made me guess a preworkout/stim because it causes the same fight or flight constriction and when it wears off you'd feel the same sensation of abortive relaxation.

Try breathing out longer on the exhale for each breath whilst pulling your belly button in to your spinal column and see what happens.

Stop taking all your supplements.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Post up a list of all the pills you take and dosage please.
NDT-3 grains
Magnesium glyc -200mg
inosine -1000mg
taurine - 500mg
B complex
Vit d -3000IU
K2mk4 -5mg

and recent addition:
niacinamide -2000mg spead thru the day
thiamine -300mg
TMG -2000mg

Its been before recent addition.

I think it might be either vit D or endotoxin thing, i will stop it and will try few thing for endotoxins to se if it helps.

Warrior

Is there anything in your life at the moment - or when this started - that you're having an issue dealing with? Something emotional. Or something where you feel someone has taken the piss? It might not even be current, could be something you recollected.

Either way I do recommend stopping all the pills entirely in order to gain a state of balance and equilibrium because its far easier to sense the lay of the land as it is without any extra stimulus.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Is there anything in your life at the moment - or when this started - that you're having an issue dealing with? Something emotional. Or something where you feel someone has taken the piss? It might not even be current, could be something you recollected.

Either way I do recommend stopping all the pills entirely in order to gain a state of balance and equilibrium because its far easier to sense the lay of the land as it is without any extra stimulus.
No, iv got no emotional problems and any other problems.

Reddit is full of threads where peoples started urinating excesively after d3.

example:

""Hi all. Wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in urination with Vit D especially at night. Sometimes every hour. I take 5,000 iu with K sublingual daily. I also take Magnesium Glycinate, but realized that when I missed a few days of the D I slept though the night without getting up every hour to pee. Also noticing some bubbles (not foam) in urine. Can D have an effect on kidneys or bladder?"""

Warrior

OK, thanks for being candid. It seems odd because a lot of folks take D3 at far higher doses with no ill effect as well as what they get from their environment and your description made me think about holding on tightly to something you should eject as water is linked to emotion and this is a waste product that only pops into your mind when relaxing ergo its subconscious but you feel unable to let go/process hence an old memory, current issue or relationship thing which needs to be handled.

Usually, in my experience, there are correlates between mind and body as the the latter speaks in a symbolic way the former often doesn't comprehend and a lot of pills and potions are designed to mask or offset this.

Its far quicker in the flesh with actual energetics present as opposed to delayed tapping keys via a screen as thats just a guess. Smooth muscle fibers throughout the body have Vitamin D receptors but the detrusor in the bladder is especially keen on it and its function links back to the parasympathetic as mentioned and this is activated by things like a deeper exhale so try that next time and see what happens.

Peatress

NDT-3 grains
Magnesium glyc -200mg
inosine -1000mg
taurine - 500mg
B complex
Vit d -3000IU
K2mk4 -5mg

and recent addition:
niacinamide -2000mg spead thru the day
thiamine -300mg
TMG -2000mg

Its been before recent addition.

I think it might be either vit D or endotoxin thing, i will stop it and will try few thing for endotoxins to se if it helps.
3 grains of thyroid with 2000mg of niacinamide is going to cause stress. I suspect some of your other supplements could be pushing your metabolism too hard as well. You are probably burning through your nutrients faster than you can replenish them. Are you are losing muscle? If so you have high cortisol.

In this interview a caller asked Dr Peat about bladder issues. Dr Peat put it down to intestinal irritation which can effect the bladder. I suspect serotonin is high because of that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-MreggOYlE&t=3249s

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

3 grains of thyroid with 2000mg of niacinamide is going to cause stress. I suspect some of your other supplements could be pushing your metabolism too hard as well. You are probably burning through your nutrients faster than you can replenish them. Are you are losing muscle? If so you have high cortisol.

In this interview a caller asked Dr Peat about bladder issues. Dr Peat put it down to intestinal irritation which can effect the bladder. I suspect serotonin is high because of that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-MreggOYlE&t=3249s

Hi there,

I haven't got any stress response no more, and im due to test rt3 soon so will see how am i converting but i have a good feeling because increasing NDT makes me improve. I take it with meals so who knows how much im absorbing really, and on top of this im big so i would think i will need more thyroid than average or smaller human.

Niacinamide was initially giving me low blood sugar for a little bit but then i adapted, im on high-carb diet so I'm pretty sure cortisol is under control.

Yes if it won't be vit D, next thing i will be trying to tackle gut inflammation/ endotoxin thing.

Normal Human

@FitnessMike
Do you know if you sleep with your mouth open, snore, or have sleep apnea? Waking frequently "to pass a small amount of urine", can sometimes be just waking frequently due to apnea, and then once someone is awake they pass urine, but it's not really the need to urinate driving the waking it's the apnea.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Could it be pelvic floor related? Do you have pain in the perineum area?
no pain, I'm now quite sure it was due to orange juice, I'm having 1L of it daily, but weird thing is that it was happening only during the night and not the day.

Typically when I eat limes/kiwis which are more "acidic", I have a very weak bladder 24/7.

I will stop orange juice for a few days and then if that helps, I will try to reintroduce glass with baking soda to neutralize acidity.

Peater

I found pregnenolone reduced my night time urge to pee and I'm sure i saw it mentioned on this forum by someone else on another thread.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

OK, thanks for being candid. It seems odd because a lot of folks take D3 at far higher doses with no ill effect as well as what they get from their environment and your description made me think about holding on tightly to something you should eject as water is linked to emotion and this is a waste product that only pops into your mind when relaxing ergo its subconscious but you feel unable to let go/process hence an old memory, current issue or relationship thing which needs to be handled.

Usually, in my experience, there are correlates between mind and body as the the latter speaks in a symbolic way the former often doesn't comprehend and a lot of pills and potions are designed to mask or offset this.

Its far quicker in the flesh with actual energetics present as opposed to delayed tapping keys via a screen as thats just a guess. Smooth muscle fibers throughout the body have Vitamin D receptors but the detrusor in the bladder is especially keen on it and its function links back to the parasympathetic as mentioned and this is activated by things like a deeper exhale so try that next time and see what happens.
I think you were right about supplements might be cause, i found old thread of mine where i was taking a protocol of few grams of aspirin/inosine/ niacinamide and i had similar problem.

Could to many supplements be burden for the kidneys? or something like that?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals