Stumped On Frequent Urination

firebreather

I certainly haven't optimized my thyroid yet but I've been working on it.

My waking temp is still in around 96.8 or 97 and my pulse is still in the 60s.

But my frequent urination problem was doing better and my urine was nice and yellow.

Until a few weeks ago when I started trying to be more peatish (cutting out pufu's more and doing more fruits).

Now I have the urge to go every couple of hours and my urine is much closer to clear than yellow.

I've read a lot of posts where people say to drink less.

The problem is that by the late afternoon or early evening I feel very thirsty.

It seems that even if I deprive myself when I feel very thirsty that I still urinate just as much.

I'm using a very generous amount of salt in my food and my drink.

PeatThemAll

Stumped on Frequent Urnation

It's a delicate balance.

I tried no salt for a while (veg*nish, fruitarian experiment). This resulted in a needing to pee often feeling (clear urine, but not big volumes, just a sensitive bladder background feeling). Resuming salt solved this.

When I "Peat" just right, I go down to a once every 3-4 hours need to pee, and having a more yellow urine (even overnight, can get quite concentrated) without that feeling mentioned above.

Although I start getting back that sensitive feeling when adding too many high K (potassium) foods, this can be solved quickly by drinking sodium bicarbonate dissolved in water. An Interstitial Cystitis web page mentioned that some people's bladders are more sensitive to the increased potassium concentrations, so that could explain it.

Nicholas

are your temps and pulse at least stable through the day?

OP
F

firebreather

PeatThemAll said:
It's a delicate balance.

I tried no salt for a while (veg*nish, fruitarian experiment). This resulted in a needing to pee often feeling (clear urine, but not big volumes, just a sensitive bladder background feeling). Resuming salt solved this.

When I "Peat" just right, I go down to a once every 3-4 hours need to pee, and having a more yellow urine (even overnight, can get quite concentrated) without that feeling mentioned above.

Although I start getting back that sensitive feeling when adding too many high K (potassium) foods, this can be solved quickly by drinking sodium bicarbonate dissolved in water. An Interstitial Cystitis web page mentioned that some people's bladders are more sensitive to the increased potassium concentrations, so that could explain it.

Hmm that makes me wonder if the K2 drops I've been taking are contributing to it?

Nicholas said:
are your temps and pulse at least stable through the day?

My temps are, my pulse ranges from low 60s to mid 70s depending on what time I've eaten, which is a real improvement on pulse in some ways. When I first started my pulse was regularly in the uper 50s to low 60s

Nighteyes

firebreather said:
post 109152 Hmm that makes me wonder if the K2 drops I've been taking are contributing to it?

I really doubt K2 could contribute here. By "K" I am very sure PeatThemAll meant "Potassium" which is abbreviated "K".

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

firebreather said:

But my frequent urination problem was doing better and my urine was nice and yellow.

Until a few weeks ago when I started trying to be more peatish (cutting out pufu's more and doing more fruits).

Now I have the urge to go every couple of hours and my urine is much closer to clear than yellow.

It seems that even if I deprive myself when I feel very thirsty that I still urinate just as much.

My frequent urination stopped when I started using desiccated thyroid.

Also, when estrogen is lowered, we tend to urinate more. Vitamin k2 lowers estrogen.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 109165
firebreather said:

Also, when estrogen is lowered, we tend to urinate more. Vitamin k2 lowers estrogen.

Got ya on the K2.

I've been on dessicated thyroid for over 3 years now

answersfound

firebreather said:
post 109175
answersfound said:
post 109165
firebreather said:

Got ya on the K2.

Okay. Maybe you want to try a selenium supplement to help conversion of t4 to t3. I remember reading a member contacted ray and he recommended it and it he noticed a difference overnight.

Aspirin may also be helpful to you.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 109177
firebreather said:
post 109175
answersfound said:
post 109165
firebreather said:

Got ya on the K2.

Okay. Maybe you want to try a selenium supplement to help conversion of t4 to t3. I remember reading a member contacted ray and he recommended it and it he noticed a difference overnight.

Aspirin may also be helpful to you.

thank you, I'll try the selinium.

I'm currently taking an aspirin or 2 a day

OrangeJuice

Sounds like you have high adrenaline and cortisol...are you eating enough? This all happened to me post Paleo experiment where i went too low carb and not getting enough calories. I was peeing clear, a lot during the day and was thirsty all the time. Pooped once a week (rabbit poops). Has to do with going hypothyroid/adrenal fatigue since your body's hormones are messed up and you have a hard time with fluid retention/sodium-potassium balance. Don't try to fix that with more potassium or sodium. EAT MORE FOOD FIRST. GET CALORIES HIGH. EAT PANCAKES W/MAPLE SYRUP and BUTTER. PIZZA. RE-FEED!!! You need a month or two of RRARFing.

I went temporarily hypothyroid with low body temps (low 96s). My sleep was destroyed. I slept probably a total of 5 hours in the entire month of May (2015). Not even joking. I was a walking zombie. I had hard time getting calories increased because of low appetite. Wasn't until i started RBTI style of eating and fixing my circadian rhythm that i started healing to normal temps and such. Blood sugar regulation was much better too.

I tried Peating first before RRARFing, but that's a mistake...My hypoglycemic/reactive hyperglycemia was a mess. Fruits and sweets would mess me up. Your blood sugar regulation needs o be fixed too. Go RBTI first to do that then you can think about Peating later.

Brian

OrangeJuice said:
post 109248 Sounds like you have high adrenaline and cortisol...are you eating enough? This all happened to me post Paleo experiment where i went too low carb and not getting enough calories. I was peeing clear, a lot during the day and was thirsty all the time. Pooped once a week (rabbit poops). Has to do with going hypothyroid/adrenal fatigue since your body's hormones are messed up and you have a hard time with fluid retention/sodium-potassium balance. Don't try to fix that with more potassium or sodium. EAT MORE FOOD FIRST. GET CALORIES HIGH. EAT PANCAKES W/MAPLE SYRUP and BUTTER. PIZZA. RE-FEED!!! You need a month or two of RRARFing.

I went temporarily hypothyroid with low body temps (low 96s). My sleep was destroyed. I slept probably a total of 5 hours in the entire month of May (2015). Not even joking. I was a walking zombie. I had hard time getting calories increased because of low appetite. Wasn't until i started RBTI style of eating and fixing my circadian rhythm that i started healing to normal temps and such. Blood sugar regulation was much better too.

I tried Peating first before RRARFing, but that's a mistake...My hypoglycemic/reactive hyperglycemia was a mess. Fruits and sweets would mess me up. Your blood sugar regulation needs o be fixed too. Go RBTI first to do that then you can think about Peating later.

I agree that high liquid Peating is usually not very effective for people running on stress hormones. But I don't think a high carb/high fat combo is necessary or even advisable in most cases. Low fluid Peating should work. Greek yogurt and cheese instead of milk. Refined flour and sugar/honey products instead of mostly juice.

A high fat and carb combo might lead to higher insulin resistance or at least not correct it as much as high carb/low fat plus some tools like aspirin and niacinamide. This should prevent most of the fat gain when beginning to eat much more.

OP
F

firebreather

OrangeJuice said:
post 109248 Sounds like you have high adrenaline and cortisol...are you eating enough? This all happened to me post Paleo experiment where i went too low carb and not getting enough calories. I was peeing clear, a lot during the day and was thirsty all the time. Pooped once a week (rabbit poops). Has to do with going hypothyroid/adrenal fatigue since your body's hormones are messed up and you have a hard time with fluid retention/sodium-potassium balance. Don't try to fix that with more potassium or sodium. EAT MORE FOOD FIRST. GET CALORIES HIGH. EAT PANCAKES W/MAPLE SYRUP and BUTTER. PIZZA. RE-FEED!!! You need a month or two of RRARFing.

Maybe high adrenaline but I'm pretty sure it's not high cortisol. I've had my cortisol tested many times (blood and saliva) and every time it's been low, usually lower than the normal range.

I'm putting down roughly 5,000 calories per day (not liquid, just food).

Last fall I came across Matt Stone and started following his ideas. I did for two months and very little changed except that I gained 20 pounds.

Brian said:
I agree that high liquid Peating is usually not very effective for people running on stress hormones. But I don't think a high carb/high fat combo is necessary or even advisable in most cases. Low fluid Peating should work. Greek yogurt and cheese instead of milk. Refined flour and sugar/honey products instead of mostly juice.

A high fat and carb combo might lead to higher insulin resistance or at least not correct it as much as high carb/low fat plus some tools like aspirin and niacinamide. This should prevent most of the fat gain when beginning to eat much more.

Good to hear from you again Brian.

I've been taking Aspirin and Biotin and am starting the niacinamide tonight.

Last week I tried the low fat approach and the frequent urination seemed to get worse. I also found it very difficult to get high calories with so little fat.

I'll keep pressing on, just looking for something else I could possibly be doing.

Today my temps were up higher than normal but I still feel really crappy from lunch until evening.

Really hoping that the niacinamide helps with sleep tonight.

Brian, one more thing.

I just peed in a cup so I could smell (I know, gross) and oddly enough it smelled quite sweet - not at all like urine smells. Does that point to anything?

Brian

One possibility is low magnesium and/or sodium. That will really bring down your ATP production. The tricky thing about magnesium is that you barely absorb or retain any when progesterone and thyroid are low and Parathyroid hormone is high. That's probably one reason why Peat recommends supplementing thyroid to assist in essential things like proper magnesium metabolism.

So if you can't or don't want to supplement thyroid you need to find some way to increase progesterone and decrease parathyroid hormone. Being outdoors or in a very bright room all day can help with progesterone production. Supplemental A, D, K can bring parathyroid hormone down as wells as estrogen and prolactin. And supplemental magnesium can obviously build up your magnesium stores once you have high enough progesterone and low enough PTH.

Supplemental pregnenolone can also raise progesterone.

Brian

firebreather said:
I just peed in a cup so I could smell (I know, gross) and oddly enough it smelled quite sweet - not at all like urine smells. Does that point to anything?

I don't know for sure, but I associate that with low magnesium, potassium, and/or sodium. Possibly the body rejecting excess carbs because it has no way to metabolize them. Not sure if that's always correct though.

OP
F

firebreather

Brian said:
post 109271 One possibility is low magnesium and/or sodium. That will really bring down your ATP production. The tricky thing about magnesium is that you barely absorb or retain any when progesterone and thyroid are low and Parathyroid hormone is high. That's probably one reason why Peat recommends supplementing thyroid to assist in essential things like proper magnesium metabolism.

So if you can't or don't want to supplement thyroid you need to find some way to increase progesterone and decrease parathyroid hormone. Being outdoors or in a very bright room all day can help with progesterone production. Supplemental A, D, K can bring parathyroid hormone down as wells as estrogen and prolactin. And supplemental magnesium can obviously build up your magnesium stores once you have high enough progesterone and low enough PTH.

Supplemental pregnenolone can also raise progesterone.

I do take NDT and A, D and K.

I'll start adding Mag to my list of supps

Brian

firebreather said:

Epsom salt + Baking soda baths also seem to work very well when progesterone is high. Are you really eating 5000 calories per day? That seems unnecessary. 3-4 thousand should be enough unless you have a physical job. I wonder if that in itself could become a stress.

GAF

I ate mountains of fresh fruit for over a year. Peed like a maniac. The sunshine energized water in the fruit stimulates the kidneys and cleanses and repairs them. Never had a more pleasurable series of peeing experiences because great things were happening and power peeing is very fun.

OP
F

firebreather

I'm a firefighter.

Most days are slow maybe only 3 or 4 medical calls but some days like yesterday are busier (we had a small grass fire).

We run a call or 2 at least half the nights I'm at the station (so my sleep is usually disturbed) - I'm there 10 days a month.

Brian said:
post 109280
firebreather said:

Epsom salt + Baking soda baths also seem to work very well when progesterone is high. Are you really eating 5000 calories per day? That seems unnecessary. 3-4 thousand should be enough unless you have a physical job. I wonder if that in itself could become a stress.

OP
F

firebreather

GAF said:
post 109283 I ate mountains of fresh fruit for over a year. Peed like a maniac. The sunshine energized water in the fruit stimulates the kidneys and cleanses and repairs them. Never had a more pleasurable series of peeing experiences because great things were happening and power peeing is very fun.

It mostly bothers me because I have to get up in the middle of the night to urinate.

Did you're urine smell sweet when this was going on for you?

GAF

I don't ever really remember smelling my pee. What I do remember is all the fun I had racing to find the nearest bushes on the golf course. And, there are few things worse than waking up at night to pee and only being able to dribble..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals