Frequent Urination

Peatogenic

For the past month I've noticed I've been peeing more. Like about five times a day. I'm not sure this is high, in fact I feel I usually pee very infrequently compared to others.

Does it ring a bell that peeing more often can be associated with the body shifting and stress hormones reducing, ridding the body of excess fluids? Because I've been tightening up more too....I don't see it as fat loss...just, like, less jiggly.

For the past month I've started bodywork therapy and things are beginning to resolve in my life....but I also had labwork done a month ago and it said I should retest for blood glucose. I also didn't know that the labs preferred fasting, as I didn't.

Past few weeks I've also been using aspirin and Mitolipin more. I noticed the increase in urination started right after I took activated charcoal for first time....but have only used it twice since.

Yes, this is a hypochondria post and mainly want to see if others have had unexplained increase in urination that resolved.

cyclops

I notice a huge increase in frequency of urination when losing weight.

Elize

Activated Charcoal lowers cortisol and cause you to pee more. Why I stopped using it. I use cascara Sagrada powder instead. Twice a day only a pinch of it and with a pinch of salt and 3 hours away from thyroid meds

In my case, more serotonin cause more urination and i drink normally, when i'm thirsty.
I talk about water because I use about 1.5L between milk and orange juice. Important tries to balance sodium and potassium.

biffbelvin

When you urinate, is it a large amount or is it quite low?

I started supplementing Magnesium Chloride (0.5g with lunch and dinner) and it has both increased my tolerance of liquids, and reduced my need to urinate as frequently. I actually urinate more liquid due to the increased fluid intake, but the frequency is lower.

I have a very high Ca:Mg ratio (hair test showed 15:1 as opposed to the ideal ratio of 6:77) and the effect of this is a higher amount of muscle contraction at rest. This means that the bladder is contracted and smaller, hence the need for frequent/small urination.

I believe the low fluid tolerance/appetite may have been due to electrolyte imbalance, though this is purely conjecture on my behalf.

For the past month I've started bodywork therapy and things are beginning to resolve in my life....but I also had labwork done a month ago and it said I should retest for blood glucose. I also didn't know that the labs preferred fasting, as I didn't.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but i would like to add that a high Ca:Mg ratio is supposed to increase sensitivity to carbohydrates. After supplementing MgCl I've noticed I don't have as strong symptoms of poor blood glucose control.

Just to add, I take very few supplements these days. These include Magnesium Chloride, Betaine HCL (45 minutes after meal) and Vitamin K. After receiving results from my hair test, i started supplementing magnesium and eating more magnesium rich food (green vegetables, chickpeas, dark chocolate, OJ). I did not limit calcium intake, and I continued to salt food to taste.

Elize

I find at times my urination is large amounts and when taking too much T3 thyroid hormone then it feels as if I have to urinate often but then it is very little. I find that Magnesium makes me to become jittery as it lowers my cortisol so I rather use it topically

Zpol

What's your macro ratio? Too much protein and/or not enough carb can cause Proteinuria can cause cause frequent urination. Personally, I have to be careful balancing protein/carbs at each individual meal or I'll start getting this effect.
Not sure if this is whats happening with you, just a possibility.

Elize

For breakfast today I had 2 boiled eggs, yolk only
1 cup or rice cereal with ghee and stevia
a cup of tea with lactose free milk
5 grapes

Lunch I would have about 1 oz of chicken or beef with sweet potato chips

Dinner will be 2 oz of chicken with 2 cups of veggies and 1/2 cup squash, Ghee, salt and then a few chocolate chips and may also have a muffin if I still feel hungry, Coffee

I drink 4 - 6 cups of water per day and often take some pink himalayan sea salt with it

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

My frequent urination went away. I've felt better since, too.

Elize

I lowered my thyroid dose and only drink water when thirsty and have also seen an improvment in this area. I have quite a bit of carbs and find that it works for me. I have noticed though that when I have a lot of dairy then I do gain water weight. So I stick to no more than two cups of tea or coffee with some milk - the milk in total comes to about half a cup a day. Other than that I have coffee without milk.

Vileplume

@Peatogenic this thread is two years old, but if you can remember and don't mind sharing, what did you do that decreased the frequency of urination? Did it go away on its own?

I've recently been drinking a lot of milk and OJ (classic) and it makes my stomach feel good, but I'm peeing a TON and notice creaky joints along with it.

Maljam

@Peatogenic this thread is two years old, but if you can remember and don't mind sharing, what did you do that decreased the frequency of urination? Did it go away on its own?

I've recently been drinking a lot of milk and OJ (classic) and it makes my stomach feel good, but I'm peeing a TON and notice creaky joints along with it.

Could your issue just be from drinking so much liquid if it is a lot? Some people can't handle a lot of liquid.

Vileplume

Could your issue just be from drinking so much liquid if it is a lot? Some people can't handle a lot of liquid.

Thanks for the reply! It could be, because it is a lot of liquid (probably a gallon total per day of milk and OJ) but I run into other troubles if I do less liquid, because I replace the liquid with other problematic things--meat, solid fruits (many of which get knotted up in my stomach), starches (give me SIBO symptoms and hyperglycemic response). Considering all my symptoms and the way I've felt with different solid:liquid ratios, this much liquid, even though its not perfect, seems to get me the closest I've been to feeling stable. Probably because my stomach seems to have a very hard time with certain fibers, even melons/oranges/stone fruits. It's near impossible to find ripe fruit in a grocery store in the US.

Eating a lot of salt and mixing in a bit of solids (carrot, liver, tiny bit of meat, some grapes, parmiggiano) seems to be pretty good so far, although it's only been six days with this much liquids. I'm hoping that my body will adjust to the liquids and eventually pee less, but this might be a false hope.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals